Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- Archigos - 2011-11-16

Malexx Wrote:ok i explained bad.I mean the Option to add Hdd Discs.If i add them like c:\ c:/or c: or c it just wont work.

Currently the Hard Drive Widget does not support any form of Windows based Drives. As far as I know, this is being worked on so that Windows paths will either work from the same widget or a second widget specific to Windows for it.

- karandras24 - 2011-11-16

Archigos Wrote:Check post 221 that I created with a setup guide for running this on Windows. Ignore the init.d file, if you want to make it auto-run on Windows, either setup a scheduled task or create a batch file to call it from the startup folder.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for your windows setup guide.

I've never set up a webserver before and following your instructions the whole thing took less than 10 mins to do and it works perfectly.

And another thank you to mr kipling for developing and releasing this to the general public and for everyone else who is developing add-ons for maraschino.

Now if i could just figure out the xbmc link in the applications bit i'd be laughing.

- Archigos - 2011-11-17

karandras24 Wrote:Just wanted to say a quick thanks for your windows setup guide.

I've never set up a webserver before and following your instructions the whole thing took less than 10 mins to do and it works perfectly.

And another thank you to mr kipling for developing and releasing this to the general public and for everyone else who is developing add-ons for maraschino.

Now if i could just figure out the xbmc link in the applications bit i'd be laughing.

What exactly are you having issues with in the applications? Are you talking about the XBMC config or the actual Applications Widget? Any more details and I may be able to help you with it.

I'm actually doing some write ups for my wiki (mentioned in the MFP thread) and going into more detail of Maraschino on Windows, including my previous guide, some extra troubleshooting, etc. I'll post a link once I finish those.

- karandras24 - 2011-11-17

Archigos Wrote:What exactly are you having issues with in the applications? Are you talking about the XBMC config or the actual Applications Widget? Any more details and I may be able to help you with it.

I'm actually doing some write ups for my wiki (mentioned in the MFP thread) and going into more detail of Maraschino on Windows, including my previous guide, some extra troubleshooting, etc. I'll post a link once I finish those.

Its the applications widget i'm having issues with.

When i try to add a link into it, it adds the maracshino url before the link.

I.e. i'm trying to add the xbmc link to point to awx and when i click on it, it takes me to "10.0.0.5:7001/10.0.05:80" rather than just "10.0.0.5:80"

I'm yet to try adding in the other links like headphones, sickbeard, couchpotato etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Archigos - 2011-11-17

karandras24 Wrote:Its the applications widget i'm having issues with.

When i try to add a link into it, it adds the maracshino url before the link.

I.e. i'm trying to add the xbmc link to point to awx and when i click on it, it takes me to "10.0.0.5:7001/10.0.05:80" rather than just "10.0.0.5:80"

I'm yet to try adding in the other links like headphones, sickbeard, couchpotato etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't noticed that type of error. I'm guessing in the above example it was just a typo for the forums, but if not, you're missing a '.' near the end of the IP which may be causing it.

My suggestion, if you haven't already tried is for the Application URL include the http:// to the link instead of just putting in IP:port to see if that changes it.

- karandras24 - 2011-11-17

Archigos Wrote:I haven't noticed that type of error. I'm guessing in the above example it was just a typo for the forums, but if not, you're missing a '.' near the end of the IP which may be causing it.

My suggestion, if you haven't already tried is for the Application URL include the http:// to the link instead of just putting in IP:port to see if that changes it.

Yeah it was just a typo :o

Chalk one up to me being a numpty putting http:// worked a treat, thanks very much.

- gugahoi - 2011-11-17

Archigos Wrote:I haven't noticed that type of error. I'm guessing in the above example it was just a typo for the forums, but if not, you're missing a '.' near the end of the IP which may be causing it.

That's right. If you don't explicitly tell the app it is an external link with http:// it will link it relatively so do as Archigos said and it should work fine.

On another news: I finally got a new module working!!! After learning a little bit of python and going through the code a few times to find out how to get a new module I got it.

It's a recommendations module like the one from MFP. For the moment it only has movies but adding a TV Show recommendation shouldn't be a problem. It gets the info from Trakt as always. This is how it looks like:

- gugahoi - 2011-11-17

I know no one has replied, but I've polished the Module up. It now has both TV and Movie recommendation. It also allows a user to add those to their watchlist in Trakt or to dismiss the recommendation from trakt. I will most likely modify those options to show up as little icons and maybe add some more. What do you guys think?

The one downside for me is that it takes a couple of seconds to load since Trakt's own server response is not immediate.

Gimme feedback please...

- Archigos - 2011-11-17

gugahoi Wrote:I know no one has replied, but I've polished the Module up. It now has both TV and Movie recommendation. It also allows a user to add those to their watchlist in Trakt or to dismiss the recommendation from trakt. I will most likely modify those options to show up as little icons and maybe add some more. What do you guys think?

The one downside for me is that it takes a couple of seconds to load since Trakt's own server response is not immediate.

Gimme feedback please...

I was very interested when you first posted about this new module but have been busy writing a more in depth Windows Guide to replace the one I wrote earlier in hopes it will explain some of the more common issues for Windows users. I'm almost done with it (not that it applies to you guga Laugh)

Just curious how many files were edited/created to add the module?

- gugahoi - 2011-11-17

Archigos Wrote:I was very interested when you first posted about this new module but have been busy writing a more in depth Windows Guide to replace the one I wrote earlier in hopes it will explain some of the more common issues for Windows users. I'm almost done with it (not that it applies to you guga Laugh)

Just curious how many files were edited/created to add the module?

All in all 6 files. But out of those 6:
  • 2 are necessary for any new module - the files with the functions and template
  • 1 is completely discardable as soon as I learn how to use the .live function from jquery it can be deleted which will consequently mean the one line change I made to base.html will not be needed anymore.
  • 1 is a necessary 1 line change to maraschino.py
  • Last one is another necessary change to populate the module in the "Add module" popup
So in sum you need at least 4 files ( 2 new from your new module and 2 little modifications to current existing ones)

almost forgot to add: You can see all the modifications I did on git: https://github.com/gugahoi/maraschino
The branch that contains this new module is called "Recommendations" and should be fully working. After MrK accepts my first pull request I will make the pull for this one....

- Archigos - 2011-11-17

Ha.... I got it done before Midnight... I'm amazed.
As some of you guys know, I wrote a wiki with info about a bunch of HTPC related apps (originally centered around MediaFrontPage) and decided to migrate my Windows Guide for Maraschino over there so I have more control with adding screenshots, tweaking, etc.

My Maraschino page is located here and the Windows Install Guide is here.

- shadower - 2011-11-17

gugahoi Wrote:I know no one has replied, but I've polished the Module up. It now has both TV and Movie recommendation. It also allows a user to add those to their watchlist in Trakt or to dismiss the recommendation from trakt. I will most likely modify those options to show up as little icons and maybe add some more. What do you guys think?

Gimme feedback please...

This looks fantastic... cant wait for it to be merged into the branch so I can try it out.

- DejaVu - 2011-11-17

Nice module gugahoi. Really impressed at how quick you picked up Python.

Noticed it earlier, but I have my head buried in trying to sort out this MySQL business with Pre-Eden, it really is annoying me something fierce. Both my XBMC Installs are crashing constantly with no explanation why! Sad

- themugger - 2011-11-17

Archigos Wrote:Ha.... I got it done before Midnight... I'm amazed.
As some of you guys know, I wrote a wiki with info about a bunch of HTPC related apps (originally centered around MediaFrontPage) and decided to migrate my Windows Guide for Maraschino over there so I have more control with adding screenshots, tweaking, etc.

My Maraschino page is located here and the Windows Install Guide is here.

Thanks for this guide, nice an easy to follow! everything appeared to work and when i kick of the script i get a command prompt hanging there so i assume all has started okay. i start chrome and enter http://localhost:7001 and i get prompted for credentials which i enter in okay. After which i get the error

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request, either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application"

- Archigos - 2011-11-17

themugger Wrote:Thanks for this guide, nice an easy to follow! everything appeared to work and when i kick of the script i get a command prompt hanging there so i assume all has started okay. i start chrome and enter http://localhost:7001 and i get prompted for credentials which i enter in okay. After which i get the error

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request, either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application"

Try to restart the computer that XBMC is running on to free up system resources. By the way, you are logging into Maraschino with the same user/pass as XBMC correct? (That's the way it's supposed to be)