Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

Thanks and Answers - Tkosh - 2011-11-18

mrkipling Wrote:Glad you like it!

The backgrounds stretch to fill your screen 100%, so it really depends on the resolution of the screen that you're using to view the app. The fanarts that are pulled from XBMC usually seem to be about 1920x1080 or thereabouts, though.

I noticed that the iPad seems to scale weird, but looks great on my Mac. I downloaded new pics @ 1920X1200 just like in the default pics and tried native iPad resolution as well.

Mac 1920 X1200
iPad 1024 X 768

You can already control XBMC using Maraschino - you can browse your movies and TV shows, start them playing, play/pause, and stop. I believe that seeking is being worked on. Is there any other remote functionality that you'd like to see?
No seeking would be all I need. And the library update button (below)

Recently added movies is also being worked on - in fact I started it on a branch a little while ago, it's just been sitting there as it needs some styling.

Yea!

Yeah, that would be a useful addition and shouldn't be too tricky to add to a module. I was thinking that it would sit quite nicely in the "media library" module. As always, it's on the todo list Smile

The ability to size the media library module larger would be great, I have lots of movies and need more screen space to scroll

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-11-19

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for your quick reply. Can you please share a bit more how you have set it up?
Sorry, had to sleep Tongue

Quote:1) Are you using Maraschino on Apache? If not, what port are you running it on? Could you set it to the web server port 80?
Yes I'm using it on Apache. There's no reason if you're running it on python that you can't use port 80, aslong as you don't have Apache or another webserver running on that port.

Quote:2) How did you set up the reverse proxies to be accessible by Maraschino? I already have XBMC, CP, SB and others configured as reverse-proxy.
Put in your external address (either IP or domain name; e.g.: http://www.mydomain.com/sabnzbd) as if you'd access them externally. For XBMC "Server Settings" put in the local IP, port, username, password as it would be on your local network.

Quote:3) Where did you add .htaccess for password protection?
I haven't done this yet. I believe you just need to put it into /var/www/maraschino folder (if that's where your Apache is pointing to).

- Phantisy - 2011-11-19

Tkosh Wrote:Mac 1920 X1200

You really wanna stare at a quarter pounder? EWW! Smile

- steve1977 - 2011-11-19

Thanks for your help!

guy_smiley:) Wrote:Yes I'm using it on Apache.

On Windows? I have set up Uniformserver on Apache and always had MFP in the folder that Apache is pointing to. My issue is that Maraschino works when executing the .py file, but not when just having it in the folder that Apache points to. How did you set this up and is there a guide for Windows? I believe that's the point I am struggling with and which prevents me from having it fully functional when being outside my home network...

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-11-19

steve1977 Wrote:On Windows? I have set up Uniformserver on Apache and always had MFP in the folder that Apache is pointing to. My issue is that Maraschino works when executing the .py file, but not when just having it in the folder that Apache points to. How did you set this up and is there a guide for Windows? I believe that's the point I am struggling with and which prevents me from having it fully functional when being outside my home network...
Eww, hell no! Xubuntu, runs nice and lean on a 4GB USB!

As it's running in python, I imagine the problem is for Apache you need to enable wsgi. Which in linux is as simple as
# a2enmod wsgi; this might be in windows you just copy the mod from a mods folder to mods_enabled folder.

This is the guide I used for setting it up in Linux; http://shadower16.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/setting-up-maraschino-on-an-xbmc-live-machine/
sudo nano just means open a text editor to edit the file. There's a section where you need to edit maraschino.wsgi and add some text, also you need to edit your Apache config file which adds some extra stuff. IIRC you need to change user and group to your windows ones, might have to google that.

Good luck!

- gugahoi - 2011-11-19

Malexx Wrote:i installed the "recommendation" branch.But how does this work?There are no recommendation showing.trakt etc is all working,could someone explain please?

If you got my branch:

All it was added to it was a Module called "Recommendations" which fetches info from Trakt. You need to add the module like you do all the others and put in trakt username, password and API and next time you reload the page, after a couple of seconds the module shows up with a move and TV show recommendation. It shares the same variables as the Trakt Module so you only need one of them filled in.

- steve1977 - 2011-11-19

guy_smiley:) Wrote:Eww, hell no! Xubuntu, runs nice and lean on a 4GB USB!

As it's running in python, I imagine the problem is for Apache you need to enable wsgi. Which in linux is as simple as
# a2enmod wsgi; this might be in windows you just copy the mod from a mods folder to mods_enabled folder.

This is the guide I used for setting it up in Linux; http://shadower16.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/setting-up-maraschino-on-an-xbmc-live-machine/

Thanks for your reply. Let me dive into the description and see how I can get this to work on Windows.

If someone gas succeeded to get Maraschino to run on Apache on Windows, please let me know and comment how the description above needs to be adjusted for Windows.

Thanks!!!

- Bennamin - 2011-11-19

Anyone got this going on a Synology NAS?

- Rumik - 2011-11-19

Okay, so after I added a environment variable for cherrypy, it stopped complaining, but started complaining about json. So I added a variable for that, and now I'm getting this...

C:\HTPC-Apps\Maraschino>python maraschino-cherrypy.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "maraschino-cherrypy.py", line 1, in <module>
from cherrypy import wsgiserver
File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy\__init__.py", line 70, in <module>
from cherrypy import _cptools
File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cptools.py", line 245, in <module>
from cherrypy.lib import cptools, encoding, auth, static, jsontools
ImportError: cannot import name jsontools

I have reinstalled jsonpclib but it doesn't fix it. I can't find any folder called jsontools in my Python27 folder. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled everything from scratch twice.

Any ideas? Sad

- steve1977 - 2011-11-19

steve1977 Wrote:Although I am still struggling to work it out given my reverse-proxy-based setting, I already came up with a widget request list:

1) Recently added movies
2) Add music, music videos and photos to media library
3) Button to update library (ideally integrated in whatever other widget?

Quoting my own post, I still hope that someone can add the widgets above, plus have two more requests and one bug:

Bug: "currently downloading" widget displays "remaining total time" and same for the % and the progress bar. I believe it should be for the individual downloaded item and not for all items in my sabnzbd queue?

Additional feature request:
4) Application-Widget: some way that when clicking the CP or others that it either opens in a new window or (even preferred) keeps some form of button that allows to go back to Maraschino
5) SABNZBD: any chance to massively upgrade functionality and/or have a separate one. Would love to have all queued items rather than just one. Also, button to stop the download, reduce speed and most importantly "sort by size" would be fantastic.
6) Widget with "upcoming albums" from Headphones
7) Update through GUI (similar to SB or CP)

Thanks so much!!!

- DejaVu - 2011-11-20

gugahoi Wrote:If you got my branch:

All it was added to it was a Module called "Recommendations" which fetches info from Trakt. You need to add the module like you do all the others and put in trakt username, password and API and next time you reload the page, after a couple of seconds the module shows up with a move and TV show recommendation. It shares the same variables as the Trakt Module so you only need one of them filled in.

Like most of these changes. Specially the SabNZBd ones. Being able to Pause and change the speed is great.

The 'MORE' link is handy and the fact that the % only counts the current downloading is a better idea - I think the MORE link should use the DIV Class ="Status" to indicate it's a link and the cursor should change to a "pointing finger" the same as happens for the Downloading link.

Only one other criticism would be the mouseover popup 'titles' on the download list. Only shows the same information and looks ugly IMO.

Any plans on porting your Search Widget?

- steve1977 - 2011-11-20

Nice to see you 2 guys (Guga and Deja) over here. This project is definitely benefiting from your experience!!!

DejaVu Wrote:The 'MORE' link is handy and the fact that the % only counts the current downloading is a better idea - I think the MORE link should use the DIV Class ="Status" to indicate it's a link and the cursor should change to a "pointing finger" the same as happens for the Downloading link.

Fully agree with above. Not sure whether a bug or planned as such, but the "queue" disappears again upong widget reload. Would be great to keep it until I press the "more" button again. Also, would be nice to have "more" turn into "less" upon click.

As in my other post, would also really love to see a button to sort the the sabzbd queue by size.

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-11-20

How big was that programs.php that's in MFP? Is it possible to get something similar adopted for the applications?

- themugger - 2011-11-20

Hi i seem to have everything up and running including playing media from maraschino. The only thing i don't have working is the Now playing is not showing up on the home screen, any ideas?

Thanks

- steve1977 - 2011-11-20

@Guga, you helped me to make some mods work to have XBMC availably over reverse-proxies (URL/xbmc rather than URL:port). The files used to be part of MFP, but I cannot find them anymore.

After updatig to pre-Eden, I guess I will need to re-do the chages. Can you please re-post. They also appear be required for Maraschino.

Also, would be great to submit this bug-fix to XBMC that it can be "fixed" for Eden?