Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- mason - 2011-11-20

thanks for this awsome addition *thumbsup*

SOLVED: I needed googled around and tried this easy_install Flask==dev however I need the dev Version after that it's working fine.

right now it's running fine on my dedicated xbmc ion, but I would like to let it run on my main ubuntu server but it isn't working as expected. If I try to start the cherrypy version manual I get this error:

Code:
python maraschino-cherrypy.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "maraschino-cherrypy.py", line 2, in <module>
    from maraschino import app
  File "/opt/maraschino/maraschino.py", line 68, in <module>
    @app.teardown_request
AttributeError: 'Flask' object has no attribute 'teardown_request'

Any suggestions? I checked everything several times...and I'm out of ideas.

- mrkipling - 2011-11-20

mason Wrote:thanks for this awsome addition *thumbsup*

SOLVED: I needed googled around and tried this easy_install Flask==dev however I need the dev Version after that it's working fine.

right now it's running fine on my dedicated xbmc ion, but I would like to let it run on my main ubuntu server but it isn't working as expected. If I try to start the cherrypy version manual I get this error:

Code:
python maraschino-cherrypy.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "maraschino-cherrypy.py", line 2, in <module>
    from maraschino import app
  File "/opt/maraschino/maraschino.py", line 68, in <module>
    @app.teardown_request
AttributeError: 'Flask' object has no attribute 'teardown_request'

Any suggestions? I checked everything several times...and I'm out of ideas.

Are you using an up-to-date version of Flask? 'Flask' object should indeed have attribute 'teardown_request'.

- DejaVu - 2011-11-21

guy_smiley:) Wrote:How big was that programs.php that's in MFP? Is it possible to get something similar adopted for the applications?

programs.php was pretty small, but I think an easier option to accomplish something similar (and nicer looking) would be to open the programs in a Modal Box iFrame instead like http://fancybox.net/, which is something I mentioned earlier on in the thread, but I think that is a 'back burner' feature at the moment.

Maraschino already does it, when in the setup process of adding bits. But I'm not sure how easy it would be to add it to the programs widget. I did take a look, but could not work out how it was done correctly.

- gugahoi - 2011-11-21

DejaVu Wrote:Like most of these changes. Specially the SabNZBd ones. Being able to Pause and change the speed is great.

The 'MORE' link is handy and the fact that the % only counts the current downloading is a better idea - I think the MORE link should use the DIV Class ="Status" to indicate it's a link and the cursor should change to a "pointing finger" the same as happens for the Downloading link.

Only one other criticism would be the mouseover popup 'titles' on the download list. Only shows the same information and looks ugly IMO.

Any plans on porting your Search Widget?

The title popup was just a quick way to display the full name as I chose to truncate it sometimes. It doesn't necessarily have to be like that tho. The more button was also something quick, I can definitely redo it with a little more style. If you want to do it, you are also welcome to.

steve1977 Wrote:Nice to see you 2 guys (Guga and Deja) over here. This project is definitely benefiting from your experience!!!

Fully agree with above. Not sure whether a bug or planned as such, but the "queue" disappears again upong widget reload. Would be great to keep it until I press the "more" button again. Also, would be nice to have "more" turn into "less" upon click.

As in my other post, would also really love to see a button to sort the the sabzbd queue by size.

I wanted it to have the same functionality, but the entire module is based on an ajax call and is updated frequently which means the div returns to it's main state every time it is updated. I could stop the call to keep the queue open but that would mean it would not update after that.

Regarding the sorting: is it for visual purposes only? That wouldn't be too hard to do. Otherwise, if you'd like the sorting to affect the download order, I would have to do a bit of research since I'm not sure if Sab has that functionality.

steve1977 Wrote:@Guga, you helped me to make some mods work to have XBMC availably over reverse-proxies (URL/xbmc rather than URL:port). The files used to be part of MFP, but I cannot find them anymore.

After updatig to pre-Eden, I guess I will need to re-do the chages. Can you please re-post. They also appear be required for Maraschino.

Also, would be great to submit this bug-fix to XBMC that it can be "fixed" for Eden?

I remember that. I actually tried talking to someone on the forums back then but they didn't understand my point and ended up asking me to open up an issue on trac or something. I ended up not having time to do that.

I'm sure the instructions are on git somewhere. They might have accidentally been replaced but git stores older versions as well so do some digging and you'll prob find it. Unfortunately I don't use reverse proxies anymore so can't help you very much.

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-11-21

steve1977 Wrote:@Guga, you helped me to make some mods work to have XBMC availably over reverse-proxies (URL/xbmc rather than URL:port). The files used to be part of MFP, but I cannot find them anymore.

After updatig to pre-Eden, I guess I will need to re-do the chages. Can you please re-post. They also appear be required for Maraschino.

Also, would be great to submit this bug-fix to XBMC that it can be "fixed" for Eden?

Here's an XBMC post, works for me with Eden. Shame it's still not fixed.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93002

As for Eden, here's the roadmap: http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
If it's not included, it might have to be done as a bugfix as new features are closed for release now.

- gugahoi - 2011-11-21

DejaVu Wrote:Any plans on porting your Search Widget?

This is the widget I want the most to be honest. I loved how it was so versatile, but it took me so long to get where it was. So my plan is to make smaller modifications first and get used to the code / learn python meanwhile. After that I will attempt at converting it to Maraschino.

- DejaVu - 2011-11-21

gugahoi Wrote:The title popup was just a quick way to display the full name as I chose to truncate it sometimes. It doesn't necessarily have to be like that tho. The more button was also something quick, I can definitely redo it with a little more style. If you want to do it, you are also welcome to.

Had a little go. Ties in nicely now I think.
Addresses both issues without the popup, smaller text. Only monsterous names will truncate now.

The More & Speed changes color too - all turn into finger pointer as well.
I hate the Text select 'I' cursor. Smile

- gugahoi - 2011-11-21

DejaVu Wrote:Image

Had a little go. Ties in nicely now I think.
Addresses both issues without the popup, smaller text. Only monsterous names will truncate now.

The More & Speed changes color too - all turn into finger pointer as well.
I hate the Text select 'I' cursor. Smile

Looks nice, I've also made a few changes. Grab my latest commit and let me know what you think.

UPDATE: Just letting you guys know I've added the ability to delete queued items!

- gugahoi - 2011-11-21

Ok I've dedicated almost all day to coding. I think the module is ready to be merged into MrK's repo as I have complied with almost all his requests.
I have a couple more news too:
@Deja I think you will like this one. A conversation I just had on IRC with the Zoggy

I have also started coding a template part for SabNZBd's History queue. Will have to think how I'm going to implement it into the Module but most of the ground work is done.

- veerthetiguy - 2011-11-21

Bennamin Wrote:Anyone got this going on a Synology NAS?

+1

- gugahoi - 2011-11-21

Sickbeard Module:

- DejaVu - 2011-11-21

gugahoi Wrote:Sickbeard Module:

OMFG Gugahoi - is there no stopping you!?
That is fricking AWESOME.

Coming Episodes in Maraschino!!
End of an era. Adios MFP.

- mrkipling - 2011-11-21

gugahoi Wrote:Sickbeard Module:

I approve of this very much!

- gugahoi - 2011-11-21

Thanks fellas! I'm a bit inspired today. Tons of modifications. The coming episodes module has already changed. It is now much more useful than it was in MFP. We will be (already done) able to even tell sickbeard to search for that episode from within the module.

If you guys want to try it out it is in yet another Branch on my Repo called Sickbeard-module. It requires a not yet final version of Sickbeard which can be downloaded from The Zoggys Repo. It looks like this at the moment:

- DejaVu - 2011-11-21

I'm trying to add tipsy into Maraschino at the moment. Smile