Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- nashant - 2011-12-04

I might have broken something with the sab widget. Have you tried reloading? I've found that when I run first from a fresh git pull I have to enter settings then restart. I'm looking into fixing that. As far as sickbeard goes, pull the api version on team-sickbeard's git and run it with python

- DejaVu - 2011-12-04

I'm not having any problems with the Sab widget....!?

- steve1977 - 2011-12-04

nashant Wrote:I might have broken something with the sab widget. Have you tried reloading? I've found that when I run first from a fresh git pull I have to enter settings then restart. I'm looking into fixing that.

Unfortunately, I have now screwed up my settings, so cannot test now. Can you please remind me what the Sabnzbd URL should be in Maraschino settings. I can then add it back in properly and try whether it works after restart.

nashant Wrote:As far as sickbeard goes, pull the api version on team-sickbeard's git and run it with python

No way to get the Windows binaries? It is all running now and I am worried breaking my running SB when switching to running it with python instead of the exe.

Thanks again guys for Maraschino, this is truly amazing!!!

- steve1977 - 2011-12-04

mrkipling Wrote:@gugahoi:

I can see that you're trying to make the icons list a dropdown. Neat!

Did this ever see the day light? If not, what's the current way to add the icon file names? Do I need to manually enter the full path?

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-04

steve1977:
http://<ip>:<port>/api?apikey=<API key>

if u are running secure sabnzbd you will need https://

Quote:Did this ever see the day light? If not, what's the current way to add the icon file names? Do I need to manually enter the full path?

its there, try adding an application

- steve1977 - 2011-12-04

Thanks for the quick replies!!!

N3MIS15 Wrote:steve1977:
http://<ip>:<port>/api?apikey=<API key>

Just tried and doesn't work. I manually added the URL into the browser and am getting the following error message. Any idea?

> error: not implemented

N3MIS15 Wrote:its there, try adding an application

Actually, it does not show for me. Maybe the reason is that I just copied the new version from GIT into the old directory. Do I need to do a fresh install deleting all "old" files? How do you guys update and any plans to have an auto-update implemented?

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-04

ive just been replaceing everything except the database from https://github.com/maraschino/maraschino

as for the 'error: not implemented' when putting the address into web browser, that is normal..
Just incase, you do know that the sab module only shows up when you are downloading right?

- steve1977 - 2011-12-04

N3MIS15 Wrote:ive just been replaceing everything except the database from https://github.com/maraschino/maraschino

as for the 'error: not implemented' when putting the address into web browser, that is normal..
Just incase, you do know that the sab module only shows up when you are downloading right?

Thanks! Let me do a clean install then and see whether it works. And yup, I am downloading something ;-)

- steve1977 - 2011-12-04

Just did a clean install from GIT (maraschino-d1b8331).

Unfortunately, I am still facing the same issues:

1) SABnzbd does not show up although I am downloading something and the API key is properly entered
2) When I am adding an application such as Sickbeard, I do not have a pull-down menu for the icons, but need to enter a path manually

- gugahoi - 2011-12-04

Ok fellas I just downloaded the merged repo and it's awesome! Love the work everyone has been putting in and this comes at a perfect time as I am updating all my setup at home. I'm starting to feel like Maraschino is ready to replace MFP for me save some small things here and there. This seems to be going in an awesome direction, hence I shall be putting some more time this week into my modules and hopefully finishing them!

I'd also like people to help with ideas for widget menus as they still seems a little out of place to me.

steve1977 Wrote:Just did a clean install from GIT (maraschino-d1b8331).

Unfortunately, I am still facing the same issues:

1) SABnzbd does not show up although I am downloading something and the API key is properly entered
2) When I am adding an application such as Sickbeard, I do not have a pull-down menu for the icons, but need to enter a path manually

That is a fallback option. I believe you are running this behind Apache?

- steve1977 - 2011-12-04

gugahoi Wrote:That is a fallback option. I believe you are running this behind Apache?

Yes, I am. What do you mean by fallback option?

- gugahoi - 2011-12-04

I mean that when running this through python the relative paths are quite easy to find however, when running it behind Apache they are different so as a fallback we chose to allow the user to specify their own paths...

This is one of the reasons I mentioned a while ago we should choose one method of deployment. It might be very time consuming and ineffective to cater for multiple methods.

- steve1977 - 2011-12-04

gugahoi Wrote:I mean that when running this through python the relative paths are quite easy to find however, when running it behind Apache they are different so as a fallback we chose to allow the user to specify their own paths...

Understand, so you are saying that no pull-up menu should show up when running behind Apache and I will need to manually add the file name?

Are you also running behind Apache and is sabnzbd working for you? It may be related?

gugahoi Wrote:This is one of the reasons I mentioned a while ago we should choose one method of deployment. It might be very time consuming and ineffective to cater for multiple methods.

Completely agree. Took away from this thread that the original developer of Maraschino himself is running behind Apache? So, I thought that following this approach would be best?

- gugahoi - 2011-12-04

Yes no pull up for apache users yet. I am running it through python and believe this is the best option as it simplifies installation (at least for Linux users). Not sure how MrK is running this tho.

Depending on packages like XAMPP or Universal Server is not good in my mind as most of the features they provide are unnecessary to most of us. So instead of downloading an extra 100mb server package, one only needs to download the small 2 mb Maraschino file and it's dependencies. I expect that in the future we can even automate the installation of those and make it as easy as possible.

However I have no idea how we to go about installing these things on Windows.

- steve1977 - 2011-12-04

guy_smiley:) Wrote:You need to enable WSGI if you haven't already, it's "sudo a2enmod wsgi".

Also, don't forget to change your user and group to your appropriate ones. I imagine group=www-data shouldn't be a problem if you haven't changed much in Apache. Otherwise your user mightn't be "dl" Tongue

Make sure /var/www/maraschino is owned by "user":www-data (or whoever your group is for Apache.

I think I got it working now, but my Apache setting looks fairly different... I basically only included 3 lines from what you had proposed and marked all others out with "#". Can you please have a brief look on below whether I marked out anything, which may be critical.

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName maraschino
# WSGIDaemonProcess maraschino user=dazipser group=www-data threads=5
WSGIScriptAlias / /uniserver/www/maraschino.wsgi
<Directory />
# WSGIProcessGroup maraschino
# WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
# Order deny,allow
# Allow from all
# AuthType Basic
# AuthName "Restricted Access"
# AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/passwds
# Require valid-user
</Directory>
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost Off

<Proxy *>

Also, as shared in other posts, sabnzbd is not working yet, but everything else does. Could this be related to my Apache settings above?