Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- Shaolin - 2011-12-11

I know you guys are all working hard in the background to integrate all the new features into master and also improve upon existing modules/features. I happened to look at the ticket system in Lighthouse and noticed you are thinking of improving upon the Hard Drive Capacity Widget.

Would it be possible to request that the Hard Drive Capacity Widget be compatible with Windows Paths as well as Linux Paths since you will be tinkering with its coding anyway?

Thanks

Shaolin

- mrkipling - 2011-12-11

Shaolin Wrote:I know you guys are all working hard in the background to integrate all the new features into master and also improve upon existing modules/features. I happened to look at the ticket system in Lighthouse and noticed you are thinking of improving upon the Hard Drive Capacity Widget.

Would it be possible to request that the Hard Drive Capacity Widget be compaitable with Windows Paths as well as Linux Paths since you wil be tinkering with its coding anyway?

Thanks

Shaolin

Definitely needs to be done, it's just a matter of when. I've added it to the ticket!

- Shaolin - 2011-12-11

Many thanks

- skabyss - 2011-12-11

Would somebody be able to help me out? I was trying to update to the latest prerelease version, but somewhere along the way the host (I assume cherrypy) just decided not to work anymore.. I am getting;

"Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application."

Even after trying a new install, restarting, and removing and re-installing cherrypy... I have no idea what happened and nothing I can think of is working to fix it.. Anybody have any suggestions for me?

- DejaVu - 2011-12-11

You forgot to run a certain command.
This is how to do it (or how I do it) simplified with CherryPy...

Assuming you have all the dependencies -
This is without sudo, but if you need, prefix each command with it.

Go to your HOME directory.
Code:
cd ~
git clone git://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino.git .maraschino
cd .maraschino
git checkout prerelease
Edit settings.py to give it a database location to use /path/to/.maraschino/maraschino.db

Then (the command you missed)
Code:
cd ~
cd .maraschino
python setup.py
Then restart Maraschino how you normally would.

Goto http://SERVERIP:7000 and setup Maraschino

- skabyss - 2011-12-12

DejaVu Wrote:You forgot to run a certain command.
This is how to do it (or how I do it) simplified with CherryPy...

Assuming you have all the dependencies -
This is without sudo, but if you need, prefix each command with it.

Go to your HOME directory.
Code:
cd ~
git clone git://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino.git .maraschino
cd .maraschino
git checkout prerelease
Edit settings.py to give it a database location to use /path/to/.maraschino/maraschino.db

EDIT: Completely removed and reinstalled python and it's tools, and I'm still getting the same error.. I'm about to give up on this. I'm on windows7 if that helps..

Then (the command you missed)
Code:
cd ~
cd .maraschino
python setup.py
Then restart Maraschino how you normally would.

Goto http://SERVERIP:7000 and setup Maraschino

Thanks for the reply, but those instructions still didn't help. Everything has been up and running for a couple weeks now and suddenly it just wont work anymore... I'm about to completely remove python and re-install it just because nothing else is working :confused2:

Even a separate install I didn't even do anything to won't run anymore. I'm completely lost.

EDIT: actually got things working again through cherrypy.. not sure what was happening but seems to work now.

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-12

REQUEST/POC

This is totaly non-functional. I dont have the skills to code this myself, i had a look at headphones updater and it didnt seem overly complicated.
Maybe someone with python experience could make this work Tongue

BTW, i couldnt get the update-ignore buttons to show as buttons but u get the idea

- gugahoi - 2011-12-12

Not sure how to become a member of the project on lighthouse? Is that only done by the admins? If so, can I be added as a member? Cheers

- mrkipling - 2011-12-12

gugahoi Wrote:Not sure how to become a member of the project on lighthouse? Is that only done by the admins? If so, can I be added as a member? Cheers

You and DejaVu will be added as soon as I get a chance (I imagine tonight after work - a reminder is in my calendar!)

I believe that I have gugahoi's personal email address, but if DejaVu could PM me his as well then I'll send out invites.

- steve1977 - 2011-12-12

Aenima99x Wrote:You've got the IP/Port info backwards, try ths -
SB IP: 192.168.1.110
SB Port: 9005/TV

Thanks, this did the trick. Something is showing up. Looks quite ugly though and quite sure that this is not how it is supposed to be. Could someone post a screenshot how it is supposed to look like and can someone confirm that it does work with Chrome?

Thanks!

- T800 - 2011-12-12

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks, this did the trick. Something is showing up. Looks quite ugly though and quite sure that this is not how it is supposed to be. Could someone post a screenshot how it is supposed to look like and can someone confirm that it does work with Chrome?

Thanks!

It doesn't look brilliant on maraschino but it seems to work OK. It does work on Chrome.

Disk Space Module Ideas - Shaolin - 2011-12-12

I was thinking about the Disk Space Module and put together a few mockups. I think it would be nice to be able to expand/collapse the disk space module from an overview of categories (TV / Movies / Music) to a more detailed account of each path; similar to the functionality of the Media Library Module i.e.

COLLAPSED

EXPANDED

Could also toggle more info:

EXPANDED WITH SPACE INFO

DISK SPACE SETTINGS

I dont even know if any of this functionality exists in the current Disk Space Module since I am a windows user primarily but if not I'd love to see something like this in a windows compatible version.

The Categories field would allow users to tailor their Paths to their specific requirements. i.e. User could split the paths into:

Movies SD
Movies HD
TV Shows SD
TV Shows HD

Thanks again for all the hard work you devs are doing on this amazing project.

Shaolin

- mrkipling - 2011-12-12

Shaolin Wrote:I was thinking about the Disk Space Module and put together a few mockups. I think it would be nice to be able to expand/collapse the disk space module from an overview of categories i.e. TV / Movies / Music to a more detailed account of each path i.e.

COLLAPSED

EXPANDED

Could also toggle more info:

EXPANDED WITH SPACE INFO

DISK SPACE SETTINGS

I dont even know if any of this functionality exists in the current Disk Space Module since I am a windows user primarily but if not I' love to see something like this in a windows compatible version.

The Categories field would allow user to tailor their Paths. i.e. User could split the paths into:

Movies SD
Movies HD
TV Shows SD
TV Shows HD

etc

Shaolin

Some awesome ideas (and mock-ups!)

There's a feature freeze at the moment whilst we are working on the next big release (v0.1) but this is definitely all good stuff to be considered. I'll add your ideas to the ticket.

- Shaolin - 2011-12-12

mrkipling Wrote:Some awesome ideas (and mock-ups!)

There's a feature freeze at the moment whilst we are working on the next big release (v0.1) but this is definitely all good stuff to be considered. I'll add your ideas to the ticket.
Great, no hurry, at the rate you and the others knock the coding out im sure it'll be in the next release or 2.

Thanks again

Shaolin

- steve1977 - 2011-12-12

T800 Wrote:It doesn't look brilliant on maraschino but it seems to work OK. It does work on Chrome.

I think the issue for me is that the pictures do not show up and as a result everything looks crap. Btw, posters of recently added movies and TV shows also do not show.

I am quite sure that it is relate to me accessing Maraschino from outside my home.

Anyone with any idea?