Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- _Mikie_ - 2011-12-14

steve1977 Wrote:Will do later. Safe to say that it is not supposed to be look like that. Issue is that posters don't show up. Same issue for most recent tv shows and movies.

Believe this is related to me using over reverse proxies outside my home network. It pulls data over API, but somehow fails to pull posters.

From what zoggy said about, it doesn't pull from api so it has the same issue as MFP had with images. With updates it'll fix it.

- thezoggy - 2011-12-14

yes, the images pull via the internal showPosters ( ex: http://localhost:8080/showPoster/?show=248261&which=poster ).. which is why MFP and Maraschino ask for SB username/pw even if they are using the api (mfp isnt). This will be included in build 492 which we will build out later this week.

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-12-14

I can't remember who did the Media Library edit to add the buttons, but are these all JSONRPC commands? Suspend, reboot shut-down in particular. Would it be possible to get a button to Start XBMC?

- Shaolin - 2011-12-14

I noticed you have a ticket regarding the Currently Playing Bar so I thought I'd mention that if you are viewing Maraschino via iPhone in portrait mode and then tilt to landscape mode the currently playing bar does not drop to the bottom of the screen, it stays at the same "y pos" and hovers in the center of the screen.

- thezoggy - 2011-12-14

thezoggy Wrote:yes, the images pull via the internal showPosters ( ex: http://localhost:8080/showPoster/?show=248261&which=poster ).. which is why MFP and Maraschino ask for SB username/pw even if they are using the api (mfp isnt). This will be included in build 492 which we will build out later this week.

api-doc is updated:
http://sickbeard.com/api/#showgetbanner

- steve1977 - 2011-12-15

thezoggy Wrote:yes, the images pull via the internal showPosters ( ex: http://localhost:8080/showPoster/?show=248261&which=poster ).. which is why MFP and Maraschino ask for SB username/pw even if they are using the api (mfp isnt). This will be included in build 492 which we will build out later this week.

Thanks, this is great. Any ideas why the posters for "recently added videos" do not show up when accessing from outside the home network? It pulls the proper names for the recently added tv shows and movies, but the posters from "recently added videos" just do now want to show up. Are they being pulled differently than the other information from my media library?

It does work from inside my home network, but just cannot get the posters to show up outside...

Thanks in advance!

- DejaVu - 2011-12-15

guy_smiley:) Wrote:I can't remember who did the Media Library edit to add the buttons, but are these all JSONRPC commands? Suspend, reboot shut-down in particular. Would it be possible to get a button to Start XBMC?

The Library widget buttons were created by Nantash and yes they are called using JSONRPC, being the first problem.

JSONRPC is only accessible when XBMC is running. In order to start XBMC you need to know the system its running on and invoke a script to execute it.

The ones for the JSON System are the ones that are available.
Wake On Lan would be the only other one that could do similar to what you've meaning as long the system knows to autostart XBMC (Needs the MAC Address of your XBMC system in the settings)

Wake on Lan in the Library widget only becomes available once the XBMC services is not contactable - setup Maraschino, add the library widget, then change the XBMC server settings to bogus ones to see it in action.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just it's unlikely to be implemented before v0.1 is ready.

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-12-15

Yeah, I've seen the Wake on Lan popup before. Just couldn't find the command in the files. Forgot how to grep properly in Ubuntu Tongue

- Mizaki - 2011-12-15

Excuse the copy, paste from another thread.

There is now the option for addons to have their own web interface I believe. I don't know if you could use that to make a web interface in python getting over some of the limitations of the slim web server XBMC uses. I've been meaning to ask Maraschino if they have thought about it.

I'm a little short on details but I'd wondered if you (MrK et al.) have considered it?

- mrkipling - 2011-12-15

Mizaki Wrote:Excuse the copy, paste from another thread.

There is now the option for addons to have their own web interface I believe. I don't know if you could use that to make a web interface in python getting over some of the limitations of the slim web server XBMC uses. I've been meaning to ask Maraschino if they have thought about it.

I'm a little short on details but I'd wondered if you (MrK et al.) have considered it?

When I last looked into it it didn't seem possible to implement Maraschino as an addon (at least not using the technologies that it does). If it ever becomes possible, though, then I'm very open to it.

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-15

Maraschino has dependencies, i would imagine running it as an addon would only work if it was standalone

- Shaolin - 2011-12-15

@ MrK and devs

I know there is a feature freeze on at the moment until v0.1 is released but i thought i'd make another mock-up for a possible Couch Potato module:

OVERVIEW
3 Tabs for movies just released, movies currently showing in cinema and movies that are coming soon. Click a tab to load a selection of movies and scroll left/right till you find one you want to either [add] to CP straight away at your default quality or [+] read more about and also choose the quality.

DETAILED
Read the synopsis of the movie you clicked and should you wish to send it to CP choose your preferred quality for this particular movie.

I think you can get all of this info from Rotten Tomatoes via their API but I have no idea whether this would be possible, just making a suggestion for a useful module (in my opinion)

regards

Shaolin

- DejaVu - 2011-12-16

N3MIS15 Wrote:Maraschino has dependencies, i would imagine running it as an addon would only work if it was standalone

Unless these dependencies installed with the add-on.
I'm speculating as I have no clue, but just a thought.

However, someone should tap up Mar2zz to see if he can at least get Maraschino into his LaSi.sh installer. I'm sure that would be capable of adding the dependencies first.

The more difficult bit, which I am also sure is to bad, is setting the Database path. Mar2zz could shed some more light...

@Shaolin -
That would be soooo fricking awesome to be put into Maraschino! Love that Mock-up!

- mrkipling - 2011-12-16

Shaolin Wrote:@ MrK and devs

I know there is a feature freeze on at the moment until v0.1 is released but i thought i'd make another mock-up for a possible Couch Potato module:

OVERVIEW
3 Tabs for movies just released, movies currently showing in cinema and movies that are coming soon. Click a tab to load a selection of movies and scroll left/right till you find one you want to either [add] to CP straight away at your default quality or [+] read more about and also choose the quality.

DETAILED
Read the synopsis of the movie you clicked and should you wish to send it to CP choose your preferred quality for this particular movie.

I think you can get all of this info from Rotten Tomatoes via their API but I have no idea whether this would be possible, just making a suggestion for a useful module (in my opinion)

regards

Shaolin

Love the mock-up! Another nice feature would be a "recommended" tab which pulls in trakt.tv recommendations and allows you to grab them using CouchPotato.

- Shaolin - 2011-12-16

DejaVu Wrote:@Shaolin -
That would be soooo fricking awesome to be put into Maraschino! Love that Mock-up!

mrkipling Wrote:Love the mock-up! Another nice feature would be a "recommended" tab which pulls in trakt.tv recommendations and allows you to grab them using CouchPotato.

Thanks guys. Hopefully when you get time it might become a reality....i realise it will be a long way off though especially with Christmas around the corner.

EDIT: A drop down list wouild probably be better for choosing the quailty, rather than multiple buttons. The Trakt "recommended" tab could be a fourth tab in this potential CP module?? i.e.