Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-12-19

Hi,
My trakt.tv Recommends is showing posters that seem to be full size instead of limited to the border of the widget. Browser is Chrome. O/S is XUbuntu running Apache2.
If you need more info, let me know. Yes I restarted Apache2.
Cheers

- gugahoi - 2011-12-19

guy_smiley:) Wrote:Hi,
My trakt.tv Recommends is showing posters that seem to be full size instead of limited to the border of the widget. Browser is Chrome. O/S is XUbuntu running Apache2.
If you need more info, let me know. Yes I restarted Apache2.
Cheers

Is that after you updated? If so, try flushing your cache. I'm running on Chrome and also noticed some weird behaviour until I re-installed.

If problem persists delete your maraschino.db and restart from scratch.

Worst case scenario: re-clone.

- gugahoi - 2011-12-19

Shaolin Wrote:I made a basic Windows Installer which will install the necessary dependancies for Maraschino in windows:

Python 2.7.2
Setup Tools 0.6c11
cherrypy
Flask
Flask-SQLAlchemy
jsonrpclib

This is only an installer for the dependancies. You still need to download the Maraschino Repo and edit settings.py then run setup.py

After Installing the dependancies just follow Archigos' guide post #221 from here:

If anyone would like to test it to check it will correctly install all necessary depedancies for Maraschino using cherrypy feel free.

Should the script work on XP? Been trying to install Maraschino there for testing purposes and it keeps complaining.

"blahblah.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

- Shaolin - 2011-12-19

gugahoi Wrote:Should the script work on XP? Been trying to install Maraschino there for testing purposes and it keeps complaining.

"blahblah.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Dont think it will work on XP. Vista / Win 7 only.

It's just a simple package of the installers (Python 2.7 and Python Setup-tools togther with a script to easy_install cherrypy, Flask, Flask-SQLAlchemy and jsonrpclib). Archigos mentions all these in post 221

Maybe try installing them individually and manually instead.

- eXisTa - 2011-12-19

I love this thing!
Except I can't get it to work behind a reverse proxy of apache.
Ik got reverseproxy configured settings localhost:7000 to / wich seems to work but I am only getting text, just like the guy a few posts back.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=931873&postcount=204

- mrkipling - 2011-12-19

Just pushed a few small changes:

* Fixed a bug with the Sickbeard module, plus a few minor code tweaks
* Recently Added Movies module now uses a cropped poster as the file size is dramatically smaller (the fanart is crazy-large)
* Got rid of the posters in the Recommendations module for the same reason (crazy-large files, not worth downloading for such a small thumbnail)

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-12-20

eXisTa Wrote:I love this thing!
Except I can't get it to work behind a reverse proxy of apache.
Ik got reverseproxy configured settings localhost:7000 to / wich seems to work but I am only getting text, just like the guy a few posts back.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=931873&postcount=204

If you're running Apache, why not just run it as your base directory? Otherwise you can run it as a second directory, second web page under another instance of apace.

- gugahoi - 2011-12-20

Shaolin Wrote:Dont think it will work on XP. Vista / Win 7 only.

It's just a simple package of the installers (Python 2.7 and Python Setup-tools togther with a script to easy_install cherrypy, Flask, Flask-SQLAlchemy and jsonrpclib). Archigos mentions all these in post 221

Maybe try installing them individually and manually instead.

Yeah, that was the way. Had to add python to the system path tho. Whole installation took no more than 15 minutes.

I believe I have found a way to get windows drives to work from the module now. After installing a Windows XP VM and getting maraschino up and running, I tested it out and seemed to be reading everything alright. Only problem is it rounds to the nearest GB but this should be easy to fix.

The pull request has already been made and should get into the master branch in the next couple of days.

- HarryRosen - 2011-12-20

I moved back to your repo mrkipling now, my sickbeard module doesn't work, and the recently added only shows tv shows not movies

I was using dejavu repo before

- Archigos - 2011-12-20

HarryRosen Wrote:I moved back to your repo mrkipling now, my sickbeard module doesn't work, and the recently added only shows tv shows not movies

I was using dejavu repo before

I'm using MrK's repo as well and the SB Module works fine for me... as far as the recently added only showing TV, that's because they split them, you have to add the Recent Movies now...

Try flushing your browsers cache to see if it fixes the SB issue... (I had to flush mine to fix the movie thumb issue that was mentioned earlier {the oversized issue})

- gugahoi - 2011-12-20

Archigos Wrote:I'm using MrK's repo as well and the SB Module works fine for me... as far as the recently added only showing TV, that's because they split them, you have to add the Recent Movies now...

Try flushing your browsers cache to see if it fixes the SB issue... (I had to flush mine to fix the movie thumb issue that was mentioned earlier {the oversized issue})

Flushing cache is always recommended. If you didn't do a fresh install then delete the old db and rerun "python setup.py".

got it, for some reason, I have to put in my server name not the IP address don't know why

- mrkipling - 2011-12-20

HarryRosen Wrote:got it, for some reason, I have to put in my server name not the IP address don't know why

Yes, just enter whatever you normally use to connect to Sickbeard. Personally I use my DyDNS address.

one other thing, the recommendation module is it suppose to show the thumbnail?

- mrkipling - 2011-12-20

HarryRosen Wrote:one other thing, the recommendation module is it suppose to show the thumbnail?

Had to remove it because the thumbnails were incredibly large and download way too slowly for those who have poor upload speeds and not accessing Maraschino on a LAN.

Would love to bring them back, but not until we get much smaller images. Or perhaps they could be an option for those who don't care about the filesize. Will have a think.