Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-24

trying maraschino.py:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "maraschino.py", line 1, in <module>
from flask import Flask, jsonify, render_template, request
File "/mnt/cache/.custom/maraschino/flask/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
from werkzeug.exceptions import abort
ImportError: No module named werkzeug.exceptions

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-24

apparantly werkzeug is a dependency allready satisfied on python2.7 machines.

if you do sudo easy_install werkzeug you still have that issue?

I added it to my repo. You still have that issue when downloading a new zip?

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-24

new error Smile

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "maraschino.py", line 1, in <module>
from flask import Flask, jsonify, render_template, request
File "/mnt/cache/.custom/maraschino/flask/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
from jinja2 import Markup, escape
ImportError: No module named jinja2

EDIT: i will try installing python2.7 and see if it works
EDIT2: doesnt seem to be a slackware package for python 2.7, not that i can find anyways

- remb0 - 2011-12-24

does dit work on a OpenElec nightly build? I saw a topic on the openelec forum but there was no answer.

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-24

i ran easyinstall on my unraid setup, watching what was installed along the way.
Seems flask has dependencies of Werkzeug and Jinja2. Everything else installed without requiring any other dependencies.
I am running python 2.6.5.
Jinja2 may be the last missing piece for complete independence.

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-24

Flask seems to be a dependency hell or something else is wrong. This can be solved by doing an easy_install jinja2, then go to /usr/lib/python2.6 and copy the jinja2 folder to maraschino. And so on...

I think it is installed alongside flask or something. I will test some things in my virtual minimal server environment.

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-24

yep, copying jinja2 folder to maraschino root did the trick.
started with maraschino-cherrypy.py and everything was good.
maraschino.py also works with port 5000

thanks Mar2zz

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-24

Ah, you are still online. I just pushed it to my repo, as I tested on my minimal server jinja2 was the last dependency needed.

But, I used all packages from my python2.7 folder, dunno if this is gonna be troubling on servers with lower pythons.

Anyway, my repo has all dep's now, so that should work, unless issues occur with lower versions of python. Tested on a minimal server (only openssh and ubuntu-server installed), without any extra python-packages what so ever.

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-24

i will boot up an unraid vm and try out your newest comit, installing only python 2.6.5 before trying.

EDIT: ok, didnt work. i installed only python and tried setup.py it kept giving me set database or install sqlalchemy error.
I installed SABdependencies (the package that i use on my actual server) and it worked.
Things installed with SABdependencies are:

python 265
sqlite 3.7.0
cheetah 2.4.2.1
pyOpenSSL 0.10
feedparser 4.1
infozip 6.0
unrar 3.9.6
par2cmdline 0.4
yenc 0.3

the only 1 i think is needed is sqlite, but anybody running sabnzbd would already have it

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-24

python-cheetah also has libs for sql, but it isn't needed on ubuntu-server.

Ubuntu has libsqlite3-0 installed on the most minimal installation of ubuntu-server. Think that's the dependency indeed. But, couchpotato, sickbeard and others also use sqlite, so I think they won't work either if you install them without sabdependency's.

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-24

yea, personaly what you have done is enough for my setup. I dont think there would be anyone out there wanting to run maraschino on a slackware build that isnt already running a sab/sickbeard/couchpotato combination anyways..

- HarryRosen - 2011-12-24

just installed on my unraid from your git and works great. so much easier now, I am running it from a terminal window but once I close the window it stops, is there a way to have it keep running? or should I put it in my go script?

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-24

i run it through screen, you may have to install it though.
screen allows you to have multiple terminals running at once and wont be effected by closing the ssh session

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-24

In terminals you can start a process and put an & after it to make it run in background.

for example:
python maraschino.py &

- remb0 - 2011-12-25

can this build into a xbmc addon? so everyone can install it from openelec?