Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-03

tested on ie9 (eewww) and it looks the same as firefox but doesnt seem to function at all
EDIT: enter and space seem to work but not arrow keys

- Archigos - 2012-01-03

Not sure if it's related to what you did... but as I said in the previous post, I copied my already working Maraschino directory to test the Remote version. I was just about to kill both processes so I could overwrite my 'master' with the Remote version since it works fine (so far) in Chrome and I noticed the Command Window had an error.

The error does NOT appear on the 'master' and only the 'Remote' version.

Code:
C:\HTPC-Apps\.apps\Maraschino-Remote\sickbeard.py:290: DeprecationWarning: In future flask releases etags will no longer be generated for file objects passed to the send_file function because this behaviour was unreliable. Pass filenames instead if possible, otherwise attach an etag yourself based on another value
  return send_file(img, mimetype='image/jpeg')

- gugahoi - 2012-01-03

Archigos Wrote:Not sure if it's related to what you did... but as I said in the previous post, I copied my already working Maraschino directory to test the Remote version. I was just about to kill both processes so I could overwrite my 'master' with the Remote version since it works fine (so far) in Chrome and I noticed the Command Window had an error.

The error does NOT appear on the 'master' and only the 'Remote' version.

Code:
C:\HTPC-Apps\.apps\Maraschino-Remote\sickbeard.py:290: DeprecationWarning: In future flask releases etags will no longer be generated for file objects passed to the send_file function because this behaviour was unreliable. Pass filenames instead if possible, otherwise attach an etag yourself based on another value
  return send_file(img, mimetype='image/jpeg')

I have not changed that bit of code, it is in both master and remote and I will probably modify later on.

N3MIS15 Wrote:tested on ie9 (eewww) and it looks the same as firefox but doesnt seem to function at all
EDIT: enter and space seem to work but not arrow keys

I fixed the look on FF now, can you check for me? It will definitely not work on FF 9 btw and I have no way of testing IE but that browser is usually a mess to code for! If you rely on FF and want this feature why not grab FF 10 beta (posted on my previous post)?

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-03

yea, the look is fixed now. will grab 10 beata and give it a quick test.

- Archigos - 2012-01-03

gugahoi Wrote:I have not changed that bit of code, it is in both master and remote and I will probably modify later on.

Interesting... I just killed both and overwrote my 'master' as stated and it didn't show the error this time, which means it was probably from clicking a button or some crap that I just happened to not have done on master beforehand. Anyway, Firefox has beyond pissed me off awhile back, so screw the beta... I'm done with them and will stick with Chrome. Laugh

- _Mikie_ - 2012-01-03

Haven't tried it yet but thinking it through and I might be wrong but why do you need to select the top write corner? Surely you could just enable the remote at all times. You don't normally use the keyboard when viewing the mara page so there wouldn't be any conflicts. Unless I'm missing something?

Would also be great to have the keys custom configurable. Might be an option already like I said I haven't tried it so don't know.

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-03

in ff10, it seems to work, but when it is turned off left and right move the modules

EDIT: also arrow keys dont work while playing a video

- gugahoi - 2012-01-03

_Mikie_ Wrote:Haven't tried it yet but thinking it through and I might be wrong but why do you need to select the top write corner? Surely you could just enable the remote at all times. You don't normally use the keyboard when viewing the mara page so there wouldn't be any conflicts. Unless I'm missing something?

Would also be great to have the keys custom configurable. Might be an option already like I said I haven't tried it so don't know.

They are both good ideas. If you want it on at all times just turn it on and leave it there. Might be something to add to the DB to check the last state is was on.

Archigos Wrote:Interesting... I just killed both and overwrote my 'master' as stated and it didn't show the error this time, which means it was probably from clicking a button or some crap that I just happened to not have done on master beforehand. Anyway, Firefox has beyond pissed me off awhile back, so screw the beta... I'm done with them and will stick with Chrome. Laugh

I'm a chrome fan too, it has been by far the best for me in the last couple of years.

N3MIS15 Wrote:in ff10, it seems to work, but when it is turned off left and right move the modules

EDIT: also arrow keys dont work while playing a video

Ye I know they don't work when playing a video, that's a limitation of the XBMC jSONRPC for now but remember this is a prototype and I still intend to expand it's functionality.

In sum what I'd like to know is: is it a welcome feature?

- Archigos - 2012-01-03

gugahoi Wrote:In sum what I'd like to know is: is it a welcome feature?

Hell yeah... Very welcomed... can't wait to you're able to add more command compatibility... sadly right now, my current 'remote' (when I can't grab my iPad for "Constellation") is I remote into the Server with TeamViewer and do everything from my laptop... obviously this can be a PITA sometimes.

--Edit--
I just noticed the comment about it not working while playing video due to JSON... Ignore any bitching type comments I may have made earlier (don't think there were any) because all of my tests with the new feature were while watching Podcasts. Big Grin

- ZestyChicken - 2012-01-03

Does anyone know how to get this to launch at startup on a Mac without an open terminal window? I tried using automator but I guess I'm slightly retarded because I can't get it to work with Sickbeard (which has a demon option) or Maraschino.

- _Mikie_ - 2012-01-03

ZestyChicken Wrote:Does anyone know how to get this to launch at startup on a Mac without an open terminal window? I tried using automator but I guess I'm slightly retarded because I can't get it to work with Sickbeard (which has a demon option) or Maraschino.

If you rename maraschino-cherrypy.py to maraschino-cherrypy.pyw and then run maraschino-cherrypy.pyw it should run without terminal as far as I'm aware.

- Mar2zz - 2012-01-03

I am not sure how, but I am trying to write a daemonize code but it errors:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Maraschino.py", line 38, in <module>
    from modules.applications import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
RuntimeError:   File "Maraschino.py", line 38, in <module>
not holding the import lock
    from modules.applications import *
RuntimeError: not holding the import lock

I know why this happens, it's because Maraschino.py import modules that import the variable app from Maraschino.py again. It's some kind of loop... But if I change this importing of Maraschino.app to app = Flask(__name__) in all modules it doesn't error the above, but the webpage gives an error and doesn't show anything.

Someone knows another solution?

- arubinst - 2012-01-03

ZestyChicken Wrote:Does anyone know how to get this to launch at startup on a Mac without an open terminal window? I tried using automator but I guess I'm slightly retarded because I can't get it to work with Sickbeard (which has a demon option) or Maraschino.

Create a new file: ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.maraschino.maraschino.plist

This is the contents of the file. Make sure you edit the path to your maraschino installation folder:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
  <key>Label</key>
  <string>com.maraschino.maraschino</string>
  <key>ProgramArguments</key>
  <array>
       <string>/usr/bin/python</string>
       <string>[b]/Your/path/to/maraschino/[/b]maraschino-cherrypy.py</string>
       <string>-q</string>
  </array>
  <key>RunAtLoad</key>
  <true/>
</dict>
</plist>

Then, from your terminal:

Code:
launchctl load ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.maraschino.maraschino.plist
launchctl start com.maraschino.maraschino

This will load and start the daemon and as per the "RunAtLoad" command specified within the plist file, il will launch at startup.

Apply similar treatment for Sickbeard.

Cheers!

- Begall - 2012-01-04

Awesome application Smile One thing from playing around with it for 10 minutes that I think would be a big improvement would be launching applications in a separate tab (or at least the option to)! I'm so used to most things doing that it's a bit annoying when I forget and have to go back.

- Shaolin - 2012-01-04

Begall Wrote:Awesome application Smile One thing from playing around with it for 10 minutes that I think would be a big improvement would be launching applications in a separate tab (or at least the option to)! I'm so used to most things doing that it's a bit annoying when I forget and have to go back.

Right click then "open in new tab"