Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- mrkipling - 2012-01-04

Begall Wrote:Awesome application Smile One thing from playing around with it for 10 minutes that I think would be a big improvement would be launching applications in a separate tab (or at least the option to)! I'm so used to most things doing that it's a bit annoying when I forget and have to go back.

Yeah, I've thought about this, and to be honest I find it really annoying when a website forces me to open a link in a new tab Smile It removes the option of opening it in the same window, which is something that I frequently want to do in this case. If I want to open something in a new tab then I'll just middle-mouse click or ctrl-click.

That said, this has come up a few times, so perhaps it could be an option in the application module's settings panel.

- thezoggy - 2012-01-04

sickbeard update:
just fyi, the api ability to toggle the paused state for shows is now in master (show.paused). also now the coming eps (future) output has a paused option if you want to exclude (paused=0)/include (paused=1) paused shows from the output... if you dont include the paused option then it uses the user's default setting -- which is that toggleComingEpsDisplayPaused function in the coming ep web-ui.

just submitted a pull request so one could get/set the toggleComingEpsDisplayPaused value.. the api calls it 'future_show_paused'. the api docs will be updated later today.

- steve1977 - 2012-01-05

Just downloaded the experimental branch, fantastic development!!!

One bug and a few questions / thoughts:

1) BUG - movie library shows movies starting with "The" under "T". Would be great to have the same order behavior as XBMC natively

2) SB widget doesn't work anymore. I am using reverse-proxies and accessing out of my home network. Do I need to use the external URL (my-URL/TV) or the internal I? To my surprise, movie library and sabnzbd show away-from-home although I have added the internal IP for XBMC in my settings.

3) Posters for recently added movies and tv shows still do not work over reverse-proxies, but do work from inside my home network

4) I have not added the MAC address in XBMC settings. What is it needed for?

5) Would it be possible for "Disk Space" to show the disk names or alternatively provide a disk name?

6) Seen some screenshot of an automatic update similar to how SB does it? Is still already working and how can I set it up?

7) Could "disk space" show total space in TB (instead of used space in GB) and empty space in GB (as it is today)?

8) Did the sabnzbd widget roll back in functionality? Currently, it works, but "only" in the way it does a few weeks ago. I.e., it shows total remaining time and space rather than of the individual download and it does not allow to show the queue anymore. Both worked in an earlier version, but not anymore in the current experimental release.

9) Applications from the widget do no longer open inside a smaller window (with maraschino in the background), but as full-screen instead of maraschino. Is this intentional?

Thanks again for this fantastic development!!!

- dannycorker - 2012-01-05

I've been trying to follow this thread (read about the last 20 pages) but am struggling to keep up, development seems to have moved so fast!

Is this now working on unRAID easily enough? And what are the steps to do so if so?

Thanks!

- gugahoi - 2012-01-05

Hey guys, just wanted to inform you that I have reverted the SB banner images back to how they used to work. Please let me know if they still don't work.

dannycorker Wrote:I've been trying to follow this thread (read about the last 20 pages) but am struggling to keep up, development seems to have moved so fast!

Is this now working on unRAID easily enough? And what are the steps to do so if so?

Thanks!

Not sure if it is working on unRAID (one person already reported working for them on it) but if you want to try a version that should have all dependencies included, use this. Should be the easiest to install. This should get into master sometime soon.

- gugahoi - 2012-01-05

steve1977 Wrote:Just downloaded the experimental branch, fantastic development!!!

One bug and a few questions / thoughts:

1) BUG - movie library shows movies starting with "The" under "T". Would be great to have the same order behavior as XBMC natively

Just changed it.

2) SB widget doesn't work anymore. I am using reverse-proxies and accessing out of my home network. Do I need to use the external URL (my-URL/TV) or the internal I? To my surprise, movie library and sabnzbd show away-from-home although I have added the internal IP for XBMC in my settings.

Should be working fine no matter where you are accessing from as long as you it has been set up correctly.

3) Posters for recently added movies and tv shows still do not work over reverse-proxies, but do work from inside my home network

I think this has more todo with XBMC than Maraschino. There is no reason why maraschino would work internally but not externally if it was set up properly.

4) I have not added the MAC address in XBMC settings. What is it needed for?

In theory it will allow maraschino to send a magic packet to wake your computer if it can't reach XBMC (it assumes the computer is in suspend mode)

5) Would it be possible for "Disk Space" to show the disk names or alternatively provide a disk name?

Should be

6) Seen some screenshot of an automatic update similar to how SB does it? Is still already working and how can I set it up?

This has not been coded yet but will be a fantastic feature when it's done.

7) Could "disk space" show total space in TB (instead of used space in GB) and empty space in GB (as it is today)?

Could be done but some people (me) still have HDD's that are not in the TB and it would not be informative to have 0.5 TB in my opinion

8) Did the sabnzbd widget roll back in functionality? Currently, it works, but "only" in the way it does a few weeks ago. I.e., it shows total remaining time and space rather than of the individual download and it does not allow to show the queue anymore. Both worked in an earlier version, but not anymore in the current experimental release.

It did and is those changes will be reviewed and re added eventually.

9) Applications from the widget do no longer open inside a smaller window (with maraschino in the background), but as full-screen instead of maraschino. Is this intentional?

Yep

Thanks again for this fantastic development!!!

- dannycorker - 2012-01-05

gugahoi Wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to inform you that I have reverted the SB banner images back to how they used to work. Please let me know if they still don't work.

Not sure if it is working on unRAID (one person already reported working for them on it) but if you want to try a version that should have all dependencies included, use this. Should be the easiest to install. This should get into master sometime soon.

Thanks, got it up and running quite painlessly....now I just need to make it run at boot everytime for the unRAID box. Any ideas?

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-05

dannycorker Wrote:Thanks, got it up and running quite painlessly....now I just need to make it run at boot everytime for the unRAID box. Any ideas?

You need to add maraschino at the bottom of your go script (located at /boot/config/)

This is what i have in mine.
Code:
python /mnt/cache/.custom/maraschino/maraschino.py | at now +1 minute

And Just FYI this is how i get disk space for flash drive, disk array and cache drive.

- steve1977 - 2012-01-05

Thanks for your quick reply.

gugahoi Wrote:3) Posters for recently added movies and tv shows still do not work over reverse-proxies, but do work from inside my home network

I think this has more todo with XBMC than Maraschino. There is no reason why maraschino would work internally but not externally if it was set up properly.

There was another user in this thread reporting the same issue. It is strange as recently added movies and tv shows actually work (both at home and away). The part that is not working is the poster for the movies/shows away-from-home. Are they treated differently from the actual movie/tvshow info or any other idea why one part works and the other one does not?

gugahoi Wrote:9) Applications from the widget do no longer open inside a smaller window (with maraschino in the background), but as full-screen instead of maraschino. Is this intentional?

Yep

Any chance to get the old way back as an option. I really loved how it used to be.

- Mar2zz - 2012-01-05

if you have to wait until a mnt is available set something like this in your bootscript
Code:
while ! [ -d /mnt/cache/ ]; do sleep 5; done
python /mnt/cache/.custom/maraschino/maraschino.py
and execute others...

It will start all your programs at max 5 seconds after it's mounted (5 can be 1 or 2 or 3 too if you want)

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-05

the reason it waits 1 minute is because its waiting for dependencies to be installed before it trys to start any apps. unraid requires all stuff not included in the base os to be re-installed every boot.

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-05

steve1977 Wrote:Any chance to get the old way back as an option. I really loved how it used to be.

Agreed. The way applications are handled now are just like bookmarks..

Maybe an option to open in current tab, within maraschino or open another tab?

- gugahoi - 2012-01-05

N3MIS15 Wrote:Agreed. The way applications are handled now are just like bookmarks..

Maybe an option to open in current tab, within maraschino or open another tab?

It was a nice feature, I agree but I do think there are better ways to go about it.

On another note. I have re-branched the experimental branch and added all current open pull requests to it. It's been working for me but would be nice if someone else wanted to try it and it includes the dependencies on it, so no more need for them (Nemesis I know you have the best setup to try as you run on unRAID, so if it runs for you it will most likely run for anyone.)

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-05

gugahoi, tested experimental on unraid vm with only python and sqlite installed. Got an error.

Code:
root@UNRAIDVM:~# python /boot/maraexp/Maraschino.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/boot/maraexp/Maraschino.py", line 38, in <module>
    from modules.applications import *
  File "/boot/maraexp/modules/applications.py", line 5, in <module>
    from Maraschino import app
ImportError: cannot import name app

- gugahoi - 2012-01-05

N3MIS15 Wrote:gugahoi, tested experimental on unraid vm with only python and sqlite installed. Got an error.

Code:
root@UNRAIDVM:~# python /boot/maraexp/Maraschino.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/boot/maraexp/Maraschino.py", line 38, in <module>
    from modules.applications import *
  File "/boot/maraexp/modules/applications.py", line 5, in <module>
    from Maraschino import app
ImportError: cannot import name app

I've done some reading and pushed what I think could be a fix. Can you pull and try again?

Also tried to uninstall all the dependencies from my computer and it still works, but I might be missing something.