Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- mrkipling - 2011-11-05

Just to keep you guys updated, I have in-app configuration about 75% complete. You can add modules to the page from within the app, and use drag-and-drop to order them. You can also change the settings for each module (API keys, poll frequency, etc.) from within the module itself - in fact you have to, they don't live in settings.py any more.

This is all on a different branch. Once I've moved the remaining settings (such as XBMC server details) out of settings.py and done some testing I'll merge it into master and let you guys know, as it will require changing your settings.py file.

- DejaVu - 2011-11-05

Will there be an improved way - or an indepth guide on how to start this automatically for us apache server noobs? I think running this in apache is perhaps the better option.

- mrkipling - 2011-11-05

DejaVu Wrote:Will there be an improved way - or an indepth guide on how to start this automatically for us apache server noobs? I think running this in apache is perhaps the better option.

There will be a better guide eventually, sure - not as part of this release though as it would be quite time-consuming to write.

I'm not going to be moving the project over to something like CherryPy, either - I like Flask and am sticking with it.

Personally, I don't think that configuring a web server is too much to ask for web-based frontend Smile Better documentation is the way to go.

There are plenty of Apache/gunicorn/etc. guides on the internet, and there's nothing special about Maraschino that makes it more difficult to configure than any other non-static site, so I would suggest using those until I can get some decent documentation together.

Of course, if somebody wants to volunteer to write the documentation then that would obviously be very helpful Smile

- HarryRosen - 2011-11-06

This is what I get in my dev windows when I try to go into the seasons folder in the library widget

192.168.1.133 - - [05/Nov/2011 17:53:13] "GET /xhr/library/shows HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.133 - - [05/Nov/2011 17:53:29] "GET /xhr/library/shows/1 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.133 - - [05/Nov/2011 17:53:38] "GET /xhr/library/shows/-1/8 HTTP/1.1" 404 -

- m3g4tr0n - 2011-11-06

running on Windows Server 2008 R2. still trying to figure how to run it on Apache.

- mrkipling - 2011-11-06

HarryRosen Wrote:This is what I get in my dev windows when I try to go into the seasons folder in the library widget

192.168.1.133 - - [05/Nov/2011 17:53:13] "GET /xhr/library/shows HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.133 - - [05/Nov/2011 17:53:29] "GET /xhr/library/shows/1 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.133 - - [05/Nov/2011 17:53:38] "GET /xhr/library/shows/-1/8 HTTP/1.1" 404 -

Strange... it would appear that a certain XBMC API call (GetSeasons) isn't returning TV show IDs for you (although it's returning them just fine for me, and other people it would seem). Perhaps it's something specific to your platform/build/media library/any number of things.

Regardless, I've just pushed something that should hopefully fix it for you - if pull the latest version from git and restart your server then it should now be working for you. Please let me know either way!

- steve1977 - 2011-11-06

m3g4tr0n Wrote:running on Windows Server 2008 R2. still trying to figure how to run it on Apache.

Can you send a few pointers how you succeeded to do it. I am trying on Windows 7, which shouldn't be completely different. I have already installed Uniformserver and Activepython.

Thanks in advance!

- Zenshi - 2011-11-06

Hello,

Is there any way to have this running in a location instead of the root?

If I change
Code:
WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/maraschino/maraschino.wsgi
to

Code:
WSGIScriptAlias /maraschino /var/www/maraschino/maraschino.wsgi

I get a buch of
Code:
File does not exist: /var/www/xhr, referer: http://server/
in my apache error log.

Thanks for this very nice app.

Zenshi.

- rcloud - 2011-11-06

Steve, I got this working on Windows 7 today... So it definitely can be done. I would retrace your steps, making sure to follow the guides posted to the letter.

- WarlockSyno - 2011-11-06

I love this Front End and all but I'm having some problems:
#1: It's freaking hard to install.
#2: I'm not even sure it works all the way, all nightlies crash instantly for me. Does look sexy though.
#3: For some reason my SabNZB widget isn't loading. Maybe because it's https. Most things break because of that.

- steve1977 - 2011-11-06

rcloud Wrote:Steve, I got this working on Windows 7 today... So it definitely can be done. I would retrace your steps, making sure to follow the guides posted to the letter.

This is great to hear. What steps did you follow and would suggest me to start with. Below what I have done:

1) Successfully installed Uniform server, which brings along Apache and others (currently using this to host MFP, which works well)

2) Successfully installed Activepython, which bring along Python 2.7 and also easy_install

3) Installed and uninstalled Flask. When installing, I followed the instructions, but it was a bit messy. I installed using the instructions and the script ended in the "myproject" folder and then I had to manually copy it into the "python27" folder to make it work. I am sure that there must be a proper way to do it.

4) Even when Flask was installed, it still didn't work. It may be for other missing components.

Thanks for any pointers, which of the descriptions here you followed to install on Win7?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-11-06

Why does everyone insist on making stuff a nightmare for the end user?? The reason installers are around is because it means everything can be packaged together and you can go from nothing to everything within minutes. Nobody wants to be fiddling for hours just to get something to work. All the projects that succeed are easy to install.

- Livin - 2011-11-06

_Mikie_ Wrote:Why does everyone insist on making stuff a nightmare for the end user??
Why to people insist on complaining about things they get for free?

_Mikie_ Wrote:The reason installers are around is because it means everything can be packaged together and you can go from nothing to everything within minutes. Nobody wants to be fiddling for hours just to get something to work.
If it is that easy then build one for this project.
No one is making you fiddle. Or is there someone holding a gun to your head?

_Mikie_ Wrote:All the projects that succeed are easy to install.
... now we know you are a noob.

That said...

The dev just started working on it, layoff. He already said he was more interested in making it feature complete than easy to install.

If you think you can do better or want to contribute... step up... or keep quiet.

- Shaolin - 2011-11-06

Livin Wrote:Why to people insist on complaining about things they get for free?

If it is that easy then build one for this project.
No one is making you fiddle. Or is there someone holding a gun to your head?

... now we know you are a noob.

That said...

The dev just started working on it, layoff. He already said he was more interested in making it feature complete than easy to install.

If you think you can do better or want to contribute... step up... or keep quiet.
well said!

- _Mikie_ - 2011-11-06

Why did MFP fall away? It was a nightmare to debug and install. But yeah go ahead I don't mind.

EDIT: Don't want to derail this thread so I'm gonna let it be and lets stop the discussion.

Cheers