Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- pecinko - 2011-11-24

ronie Wrote:Debug Log won't do me any good, since the script hardly logs anything.

..I guess previous version was way better equipped in this regard Wink

- Martijn - 2011-11-24

pecinko Wrote:..I guess previous version was way better equipped in this regard Wink

I knew that one was coming Big Grin

- Tobby - 2011-11-24

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:So...
I see. Will it be added to the XBMC repo when it's done?

- pecinko - 2011-11-24

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I knew that one was coming Big Grin

I wanted to post it half an hour ago, than said to myself - don't be a jerk you may be misinterpreted. Still, could not resist Smile

Ronie, only a joke, really.

On more serious note, I did not experience any problem with season thumbs. (These are missing in some other scripts Wink )

- Martijn - 2011-11-24

Tobby Wrote:I see. Will it be added to the XBMC repo when it's done?

You will have to ask the guy who makes your skin to integrate this (or if you can do it yourself). It is not just a simple add-on. You need to edit the skin (considerable) you have for this to work.

pecinko Wrote:I wanted to post it half an hour ago, than said to myself - don't be a jerk you may be misinterpreted. Still, could not resist Smile
Well i had the same idea however i could resist Wink

Just offer him a beer and he's happy again Smile

- Hitcher - 2011-11-24

Refreshing the shows and episodes solved the problem.

- pecinko - 2011-11-24

There seams to be the problem, though.

Looks like script will fail if user don't have Music in library and you call script with movies+tv+music

Thoughts?

- ronie - 2011-11-24

pecinko Wrote:There seams to be the problem, though.

Looks like script will fail if user don't have Music in library and you call script with movies+tv+music

Thoughts?

ha, interesting...
that's the kind of bugs i want to hear about Smile

- Hitcher - 2011-11-24

Should probably ask this in a separate thread but should it be possible to run a script with info labels in it?

ie

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.watchlist,movies=true&episodes=$INFO[Skin.String(Watched_Episodes)]&limit=24

Where Watched_Episodes can then be set to true or false?

This would save an awful lot of visible conditions for all the possible combinations (movies=true/false + episodes=true/false + music=true/false).

- ronie - 2011-11-24

Hitcher Wrote:Should probably ask this in a separate thread but should it be possible to run a script with info labels in it?

ie

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.watchlist,movies=true&episodes=$INFO[Skin.String(Watched_Episodes)]&limit=24

Where Watched_Episodes can then be set to true or false?

This would save an awful lot of visible conditions for all the possible combinations (movies=true/false + episodes=true/false + music=true/false).

hmm...it's not clear to me what you're looking for ?

- pecinko - 2011-11-24

ronie Wrote:hmm...it's not clear to me what you're looking for ?

Using $VARs instead of true/false script parameters

- ronie - 2011-11-24

pecinko Wrote:Using $VARs instead of true/false script parameters

thanks, i get it now.

that should already work...at least it did when i last tried it (long time ago).

- bossanova808 - 2011-11-25

gorgeth Wrote:No its not even remotely similar..

Using as an example "confluence" the default skin for XBMC

You have to click over to "TV" (1-6 clicks depending)

You have to click "on" TV

You have to scroll to the show your interested in.. if you have say 60 shows you are likely scrolling to somewhere in middle of list (if you have more you may have to click over to the right and go by letter then fine tune)

Then unless the series is a single season show you have to "choose the season" OR all episodes (another click)

Then and ONLY then will your choice to hide watched episodes come into play..

The plex deck system by contrast means..

"scroll to TV" slide to the right.. and there will be a list of episodes that are "next to be watched" with 1-5 "scrolls" to the right to choose the one you want.

Red name or not, you should really READ before you post

Err, no - I hit 'TV Shows' in confluence (with hide watched on, sorting by epsiode number), and I immediately have a list of unwatched epsiodes arranged by show in the order of unwated, like this:

House 1 Epsiode
Weeds 2 Episodes
Frasier 10 Episodes

etc. etc.

It's not that different really and not many clicks, really. But I was just askin', no need to get huffy Wink Always happy to see a script that people find handy...

- Hitcher - 2011-11-25

ronie Wrote:impossible!!! ;-)

which one return episode thumbs, WatchList_Episode.%d.TvshowThumb or WatchList_Episode.%d.SeasonThumb ?

Debug Log won't do me any good, since the script hardly logs anything.

Happened with a different show now but I've tracked the problem down.

It only occurs if the season thumb isn't set by XBMC for whatever reason (not available on tvdb at the time of initial scrape?).

Hope that helps.

- bluedevil229 - 2011-11-25

Speaking of Plex...has antone tried to replicate its skin in xbmc? I think it looks really professional. I'd actually be using Plexif it's server software wasn't so awful and slow. I love this skin..