Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- ronie - 2011-12-22

Rastan Wrote:Sorry, yes this is with the watchlist running. I thought I had deleted it but after checking as you suggested it was still in there.
I think it comes back somehow though.

weird.. well we need to find a way for you to run xbmc without the script.

try by deleting just this file: C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script .watchlist\default.py

restart xbmc and play those videos again while monitoring if ram usage goes up again.

if you could post another Debug Log of this as well :-)

- BigNoid - 2011-12-22

@ronie:
Might be a good idea to let the script show up under "Services" addons. That way users can easily disable and uninstall/install it.

- Rastan - 2011-12-22

ronie Wrote:weird.. well we need to find a way for you to run xbmc without the script.

try by deleting just this file: C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script .watchlist\default.py

restart xbmc and play those videos again while monitoring if ram usage goes up again.

if you could post another Debug Log of this as well :-)

I'm sorry I am not being very clear am I? ...lol

I can delete the script.watchlist folder and it stays gone after restarting XBMC.

What I am saying is that I deleted the script off both my PC's yesterday only to find that today they have re-appeared.
If you have not designed it to do so then I am guessing maybe it might be that I have lots of skins installed and maybe some time last night a skin updated that is dependant on your script and reinstalled it?

Anyway, I have done as you asked and deleted the script and played the videos. XBMC is now responsive. Sorry I didnt get a screenshot of the RAM usage, but it was within expected parameters.

Heres a LOG

Please let me know if I can assist further Smile

- ronie - 2011-12-22

Big_Noid Wrote:@ronie:
Might be a good idea to let the script show up under "Services" addons. That way users can easily disable and uninstall/install it.

Big_Noid, it might be a better idea to let the script show up under "Skin Settings". that way users can easily disable and enable it. ;-p

- BigNoid - 2011-12-22

That's no use if a user switches skins which had it running...

- Hitcher - 2011-12-22

Check your 'packages' folder as it might be in there as well.

- Rastan - 2011-12-22

Hitcher Wrote:Check your 'packages' folder as it might be in there as well.

Where would I find the 'packages' folder?

- Martijn - 2011-12-22

Rastan Wrote:Where would I find the 'packages' folder?

The add-ons folder where all other script are stored.
You can clean out that folder but next time a skin updates it will be installed again.

Isn't there a way of purging the memory after the watchlist has been run to keep only the necassary media list?
Transfer the wanted to a new list.variable and clear the old one used by the query

- Rastan - 2011-12-22

Martijn Wrote:The add-ons folder where all other script are stored.
You can clean out that folder but next time a skin updates it will be installed again.

Isn't there a way of purging the memory after the watchlist has been run to keep only the necassary media list?
Transfer the wanted to a new list.variable and clear the old one used by the query

ok, thanks for the tip. I may aswell wait and see if there is a more permanent solution, preferably a fix to the script.
At least I know what was causing the memory problems Big Grin

- _Mikie_ - 2011-12-22

Using the Aeon Nox theme how do I get a view like the screen shot in this post. If I enable show recently added videos under skin settings I get a little widget showing 1 latest added. Is there any way to get a list? Maybe a help file I can read?
Thanks

- ronie - 2011-12-22

Martijn Wrote:Isn't there a way of purging the memory after the watchlist has been run to keep only the necassary media list?

i only see a slight increase in mem consumption (~5MB) after each run of the script.

i have no idea if it'll be more when you have a very large library,
but if it is, and you play a number of short clips (i count ~20 of them in the Debug Log), it could easily add up to 1GB of extra memory usage...

the extra memory is not freed up after i quit the script though...

- Martijn - 2011-12-23

ronie Wrote:i only see a slight increase in mem consumption (~5MB) after each run of the script.

but if it is, and you play a number of short clips (i count ~20 of them in the Debug Log), it could easily add up to 1GB of extra memory usage...

Hmm i thought the memory was cleared when the script was terminated.
Seems logical to me though.

- Hitcher - 2011-12-23

_Mikie_ Wrote:Using the Aeon Nox theme how do I get a view like the screen shot in this post. If I enable show recently added videos under skin settings I get a little widget showing 1 latest added. Is there any way to get a list? Maybe a help file I can read?
Thanks

When and if the skinner adds it.

- Hitcher - 2011-12-23

ronie Wrote:i only see a slight increase in mem consumption (~5MB) after each run of the script.

That might explain why I get problems when I watch lots of trailers.

- ronie - 2011-12-23

i have created a ticket for this issue:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12318