Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- Hitcher - 2012-01-12

If automatic downloading from the requirements isn't working surely it needs fixing before Eden final?

- `Black - 2012-01-12

I don't know exactly when it's not working but I think it could only work if you install or update a skin with XBMC. If you manually replace a skin with a version from git, XBMC doesn't download new requirements but I would expect it to do so.

- Martijn - 2012-01-12

`Black Wrote:I don't know exactly when it's not working but I think it could only work if you install or update a skin with XBMC. If you manually replace a skin with a version from git, XBMC doesn't download new requirements but I would expect it to do so.

It should install dependencies when using install from .zip or from a repo.
When you manually unpack the zipfile it's understandable that it doesn't work because xbmc doesn't process the files itself.

- Hitcher - 2012-01-15

`Black Wrote:Script now updates only necessary items so if you watch an episode, only episodes will be updated.

Just realised this means I can remove all of my checks if the user only sets one type of home watched list.

Thanks.

- hdmax - 2012-01-17

This looks very promising! Is there a list that documents the skins that have this feature?
Thanks for all the hard work that must go into these skins, and the addons.

- Martijn - 2012-01-17

hdmax Wrote:This looks very promising! Is there a list that documents the skins that have this feature?
Thanks for all the hard work that must go into these skins, and the addons.

Needs updating:
skin features

- skimshady - 2012-01-21

When I watch an episode from the watchlist panel and finish, and want to see next episode after that, the same episode starts again.... I need to restart XBMC for the Watchlist Media Panel to update.

Same with movies I have just seen. They don't disappear from the Watchlist Media Panel untill I restart XBMC. Also, same with Currently Watching, needs to restart XBMC for it to update...

By the way. I love the "On deck" script in general Smile

Stopping the script - gracefully - Mudislander - 2012-01-21

I'm on a mission to cut back on resources ATM. One of my ideas is that if a user wants to turn off the watchlist which is started by default, then I want to be able to stop the script running. Is there a way to stop the script if already running ?
Cheers.

- Hitcher - 2012-01-21

bthusby Wrote:When I watch an episode from the watchlist panel and finish, and want to see next episode after that, the same episode starts again.... I need to restart XBMC for the Watchlist Media Panel to update.

Same with movies I have just seen. They don't disappear from the Watchlist Media Panel untill I restart XBMC. Also, same with Currently Watching, needs to restart XBMC for it to update...

By the way. I love the "On deck" script in general Smile
We need to know what skin you're using for starters.

- skimshady - 2012-01-21

Hitcher Wrote:We need to know what skin you're using for starters.

Sorry.... I am using Quartz, and I am on ATV2 Smile

- ronie - 2012-01-21

Mudislander Wrote:I'm on a mission to cut back on resources ATM. One of my ideas is that if a user wants to turn off the watchlist which is started by default, then I want to be able to stop the script running. Is there a way to stop the script if already running ?
Cheers.

if you clear the 'WatchList_Running' property, the script should stop.

Code:
<onclick>ClearProperty(WatchList_Running,Home)</onclick>

- Mudislander - 2012-01-21

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

- tungmeister - 2012-01-22

I'm having a few issues with the watchlist in that some of its results are incorrect. They are episodes that are next in order but they are from shows that I've not watched in a long time. There are other shows that I've watched more recently that have new episodes available but these never make it into the watchlist.

- ronie - 2012-01-24

tungmeister Wrote:I'm having a few issues with the watchlist in that some of its results are incorrect. They are episodes that are next in order but they are from shows that I've not watched in a long time. There are other shows that I've watched more recently that have new episodes available but these never make it into the watchlist.

most likely, as i've seen this before, xbmc didn't store a playdate for those episodes in the db (don't ask me why).

the watchlist scipt uses the playdate of the previous episode to sort the list.
items without a playdate will be put at the end of the list...and may not show up in the skin, if your watchlist contains more items than shown in the skin.

- smush420 - 2012-01-24

This is a great script!

Just one question is the script supposed to launch if the library is updated? If so I'm not sure if it's working.