Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- Hitcher - 2012-01-29

Thanks black.

- Rumik - 2012-01-29

Hi,

I'm using aeon nox with this script, I just wanna make sure I using this latest version... Where should the svipt be installed to?

Thanks

- `Black - 2012-01-30

Just install from zip.

Latest test version had a bug (episode update not working) which is fixed now -> script.watchlist-0.1.9.zip.

- Rumik - 2012-01-30

Thanks for clarifying. I've updated to this latest version, but the tv show thumbs still don't appear for several minutes, whereas tv shows appear immediately. I'm using aeon.

Cheers

- ezechiel1917 - 2012-01-30

`Black Wrote:Just install from zip.

Latest test version had a bug (episode update not working) which is fixed now -> script.watchlist-0.1.9.zip.

Thanks for the new version, I've tried it and I'm not able resume partially watched episodes. 0.1.8 works ok.

- `Black - 2012-01-30

I have no problems with partially watched episodes... the script doesn't change anything on that part because resuming is handled by XBMC.

Anyone else has problems with it?

- GJones - 2012-01-30

`Black Wrote:So after some time of thinking and testing here's a test version of the new update:

script.watchlist-0.1.9.zip

Please test it for episodes as that's the part I've worked on (I will update it for movies & albums as well). The initial loading time isn't improved but when you've watched something, the update process should be way faster than before because there's no database query at all now.

Edit: Updating for movies now the same as for episodes (no db query anymore). For albums I left it as it is because it seems to be fast enough for me but If anyone has complains I could look into that, too.

It works wonderfully with a huge performance improvement. Great job, `Black.

- Martijn - 2012-01-30

`Black Wrote:I have no problems with partially watched episodes... the script doesn't change anything on that part because resuming is handled by XBMC.

Maybe also do this:

ronie Wrote:json uses a binary lib to speed things up, so yeah it's faster.

it might not be available on all platforms though.

change:
Code:
import simplejson
to:
Code:
try: import json as simplejson
except: import simplejson

- fmronan - 2012-01-30

the same for me I have nothing with partially watched episodes.

- ezechiel1917 - 2012-01-30

`Black Wrote:I have no problems with partially watched episodes... the script doesn't change anything on that part because resuming is handled by XBMC.

Sorry, it turned out to be xbmc build issue. 0.1.9 works fine with older xbmc build.

- ezechiel1917 - 2012-01-31

However episodes list is not updating properly if I partially watch an episode, some unrelated episodes appeared at top of the list instead Sad Tried some other show I've never watched, stopped it after few minutes (3mins) and that one didn't make it to the list either.
Is there some check for minimum time watched before it updates the list?

- `Black - 2012-01-31

You have to watch at least 3 mins... that's the default value when XBMC creates a bookmark and marks the episode as partially watched. So if you skip after 3 min and stop, the episode should appear. Another thing I should say is that you have to run the video at least a couple of seconds (>5), otherwise the episode won't appear in the list.

If you watch an episode more than 90% of it's runtime and stop, the episode is marked as watched by XBMC and there is either a new episode of the show on top of the watch list or the second episode of the list is now on top.

But if there are still inconsistencies, tell me exactly what was on the list, what did you watch and when did you stop the video or did it stop by itself (ended).

- ezechiel1917 - 2012-01-31

Tested another show (with no episodes previously watched at the time of first (complete) watchlist script run), 5min watched bookmark created, but still hasn't appeared in the list as partially watched. If I finish that episode, it's marked as watched and next episode appears in the list, so this issue only appears with shows not in the list and theirs partially watched episodes. Partially watched episodes of TV shows already in the list works fine, bookmark is created and they move to the top of the watchlist.

- `Black - 2012-01-31

Yes, there are some problems... I also had the problem with a not related show appearing in the list. I will look into it.

Edit: Btw. the 3 min border applies only for movies.

Edit2: Fixed the problem, script.watchlist-0.1.9.zip should work as expected.

- smush420 - 2012-01-31

I removed the old version of the script and replaced it with the new version by installing from zip through the addon section. The watchlist is no longer updating after completing an episode. It only updates the watchlist if I quit and restart xbmc.