Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- fmronan - 2012-01-31

not install by zip, uncompressed , copy and paste

- `Black - 2012-01-31

@Hitcher
Yes, that could be.

smush420 Wrote:Here ya go black

http://pastebin.com/bqYPczU0

Please extract and replace the script manually, this error is fixed, you're using and old version.

- smush420 - 2012-01-31

Thanks Black, manually replacing the script worked fine. I'll be sure not to update by zip in the future.

- Hitcher - 2012-01-31

It's fine just as long as the version has been bumped but as this is for testing purposes only there's no point in black keep updating it.

Thanks to all involved in making this script.

- smush420 - 2012-01-31

Hitcher Wrote:It's fine just as long as the version has been bumped but as this is for testing purposes only there's no point in black keep updating it.

Thanks to all involved in making this script.

Ok makes sense. This script is really amazing and to echo what Hitcher said thanks to all involved.

- samukas - 2012-02-01

I just stumbled across this script and it works really well, I really love this functionality in Plex and now I have it in XBMC as well Big Grin

I've installed XBMC Beta 2 on an ATV2, installed a few skins to try those out and I believe one of them (or more than one) installed watchlist automatically. I then used the ZIP that I found here for 0.19 and overwritten the files in the script folder. I believe I've done everything right.... Oh, and I'm now using the skin reFocus.

However, I am having two issues, I've been reading a few pages before this one in the thread but couldn't really understand if this issues should still be in the new version.

1) It takes me around 5 (maybe more) minutes for the script to actually show me something in the watchlist area. This is for TV Shows, I haven't tried movies.
2) If I'm done watching an episode I have to quit XBMC and restart it again for it to show me the next episode available or remove the show from the watchlist in case there isn't any new episode.

- ekim232 - 2012-02-01

Would it be possible to update the first post with a full set of features with the script? I am aware of what it can do for current tv shows being watched, but I could swear I also read it has capabilities for movies as well. It would just be informational for anyone who wants to use it for skinning purposes.

- pecinko - 2012-02-01

ekim232 Wrote:Would it be possible to update the first post with a full set of features with the script? I am aware of what it can do for current tv shows being watched, but I could swear I also read it has capabilities for movies as well. It would just be informational for anyone who wants to use it for skinning purposes.

I think it all info was in read.me last time i checked. Thread is sometimes hard to find.

- ronie - 2012-02-01

ekim232 Wrote:Would it be possible to update the first post with a full set of features with the script? I am aware of what it can do for current tv shows being watched, but I could swear I also read it has capabilities for movies as well. It would just be informational for anyone who wants to use it for skinning purposes.

each of the addons i create includes a README for skinners ;-)

- Martijn - 2012-02-01

FrostBox Wrote:wow! bizarre bug!
which version of xbmc and OS you use and python version on xbmc!

try this
PHP Code:
try:

import json as simplejson
    assert hasattr
simplejson"loads" )
except:

import simplejson 

Any word on this if it should fix the problem mentioned by ezechiel1917?

ronie Wrote:each of the addons i create includes a README for skinners ;-)

The add-on wiki would also be a good place Wink

- ronie - 2012-02-01

Martijn Wrote:Any word on this if it should fix the problem mentioned by ezechiel1917?

like ezechiel1917, i'm also using ubuntu 11.10.
i've tried v0.1.9 on a pvr build but can't reproduce his issue.

Martijn Wrote:The add-on wiki would also be a good place Wink

me, i don't like updating information in 2-3 places whenever i add something new.

but hey, like they say... it's a wiki ;-)

- ekim232 - 2012-02-01

ronie Wrote:each of the addons i create includes a README for skinners ;-)

There it is! Thanks for the assistance.

- fmronan - 2012-02-01

is it possible to add, banner, logo and clearart in your script?

- ezechiel1917 - 2012-02-01

FrostBox Wrote:wow! bizarre bug!
which version of xbmc and OS you use and python version on xbmc!

try this
PHP Code:
try:

assert hasattr
simplejson"loads" )
except:

import simplejson 

Martijn Wrote:Any word on this if it should fix the problem mentioned by ezechiel1917?

`Black Wrote:@ezechiel1917
You're using a pvr build, right? Please try with the Eden beta2. Maybe it's a Linux problem. I'll fix the thumbnail problem.

Sorry, was a little bit busy last two days.
Python version is 2.7.2+ , Ubuntu 11.10 x86 mini, pulse-eight xbmc ppa git20120126.6187ec6-0ubuntu1~stable64~oneiric_all

FrostBox, Martijn: That code helped, script loads ok with it.

- FrostBox - 2012-02-02

ezechiel1917 Wrote:Sorry, was a little bit busy last two days.
Python version is 2.7.2+ , Ubuntu 11.10 x86 mini, pulse-eight xbmc ppa git20120126.6187ec6-0ubuntu1~stable64~oneiric_all

FrostBox, Martijn: That code helped, script loads ok with it.

ok thanks, but very strange!

I added fix on moviesets, plus debug info

PHP Code:
try:

# test json has not loads, call error

if not hasattrsimplejson"loads" ):

raise Exception"Hmmm! Error with json %r" dirsimplejson ) )
except Exceptione:
    print 
"[MovieSets] %s" str)

import simplejson 
Now I will added this in my others scripts