Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- pecinko - 2011-11-09

Hitcher Wrote:No room -

Vertical lists instead of horizontal onesSmile (4 rows vs 6 columns)

- Hitcher - 2011-11-09

And the headings/links?

I'll figure the settings out just a PITA.

- pecinko - 2011-11-09

ronie Wrote:pfff....anything else?
adding that option is 5 mins of work max ;-)

I have a feature request/suggestion:

I think it would be very handy to extend this to a music as well. I suggest adding a most played albums (preferably) or songs to this script. I hope that playcount info is available for scripts.

If this would decrease performance, I wouldn't mind decreasing amount of returned items from 25 to 20 or 15. In fact, I suggest considering this regardless of music feature.

What do you think guys?

- Hitcher - 2011-11-09

Or make it a script option with the default number lowered maybe?

EDIT: Sorry ronie.

- ronie - 2011-11-09

pecinko Wrote:Well, you could take a look at this :-)

i had a look and decided to leave this one for the devs.

as far as my limited knowledge goes, i'd say it's either caused by a corrupt db or a bug in json.

- ronie - 2011-11-09

Hitcher Wrote:Or make it a script option with the default number lowered maybe?

EDIT: Sorry ronie.

i could and probably will.

though you won't get any speed gain.
i'll still have to fetch and process all the items in your db, to filter out the ones that are 'in progress'.

- pecinko - 2011-11-09

ronie Wrote:i had a look and decided to leave this one for the devs.

as far as my limited knowledge goes, i'd say it's either caused by a corrupt db or a bug in json.

It's my htpc. Script runs fine on my skinning machine. I can delete and recreate DB if that helps troubleshooting?

You said nothing about possibility of adding most played albums. Does this mean you're considering it or that it's out of the question. I'm fine with whatever you decide, just curious so I can plan skinning accordingly.

- ronie - 2011-11-09

pecinko Wrote:It's my htpc. Script runs fine on my skinning machine. I can delete and recreate DB if that helps troubleshooting?
yes, try that and see if the issue disappears.

pecinko Wrote:You said nothing about possibility of adding most played albums. Does this mean you're considering it or that it's out of the question.

it means i'm still busy typing a lengthy reply to that question :-)

- pecinko - 2011-11-09

ronie Wrote:it means i'm still busy typing a lengthy reply to that question :-)

sorry Laugh I'll wait a bit Laugh

- ronie - 2011-11-09

pecinko Wrote:Until situation is improved, how about having Random Addons, spitted into categories?

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well maybe another hard one is using smartplaylists as a source Big Grin

pecinko Wrote:I think it would be very handy to extend this to a music as well. I suggest adding a most played albums (preferably) or songs to this script.

maybe we have to step back for a moment and think about where we want to go with this.

it started out as a script to show 'in progress' episodes and movies on your home screen.

none of the suggestions above really fit that original idea of the script.

do i mind to add it? nope, not really...
but would it make sense to do so, or would another script be more suitable for this?

what i fear, and this is the felling i'm getting, is what we basically want
is to be able to show everything that's available in xbmc, in every possible combination, on your home screen.

we can already show recently added items, random items, addons, favourites, tv shows you're watching, movies you didn't finish, the item that's currently being played/listened to...

i'm thinking maybe it would make sense to merge all if it into one big script... seeing there's already a lot of duplicate code between random items and this script.

i'm also wondering why did we move recently added to xbmc core?
at the time it was a 'hot' item featured in many skins, but today it's just a fraction of what we want to be able to show on the home screen.

the global search script i did has to potential to replace all of the above.
it can already pull every single item from your library.
all i would need to do is make a gui-less version of it and add the option to pass filter and sort conditions to it.

so lets step for a moment and think about where we want to go with our home screen.

thoughts?

- Martijn - 2011-11-09

My thought:

For code maintenance and maybe ease of use i'd say merge them. Problem may arise that for all the possible script calls & skin vars you will have to inclide that it will be a rather large script. So it will need to be well structured.

- pecinko - 2011-11-09

ronie Wrote:maybe we have to step back for a moment and think about where we want to go with this.

it started out as a script to show 'in progress' episodes and movies on your home screen.

none of the suggestions above really fit that original idea of the script.

From my point of view, they do.

How? It started as "On Deck" and that I understand as a handy list that shows items you will probably be most interested in (at least it is in Plex, does not have to be the same in XBMC). Thus:

- unfinished movies
- unfinished or next unwatched episodes
- most played music
- recently used addons

is my list that fits the above idea. And I see it as a nice supplement to recently added.

If you think we should rather not mix categories I'm fine with it, too.

Just me explaining why my suggestions might look like I'm insane or stoned Wink

- pecinko - 2011-11-09

ronie Wrote:yes, try that and see if the issue disappears.

Newer XBMC build fixed, as db was updated. You were right.

- two_OH_five - 2011-11-10

Might be worth changing
Code:
            lastplayed = item['lastplayed']
to
Code:
            try:
                lastplayed = item['lastplayed']
            except:
                lastplayed = ""

Blew up on my installations without this

Great script by the way!

- dsimages - 2011-11-11

First off I want to say that I am not a skinner/programmer. With that being said, I just want to jump in on this with another set of eyes (ideas).

Personally I dont think categories should mix, other than movies and tv shows.
Another idea is to have the script return tv show logos instead of covers. I know that might look weird with movies posters though.

I use the night skin. Currently, the only option is "recently added" while on the movies and tv shows categories. I would prefer to see "recommended". This script should recommend unfinished and "related" movies. Same goes for tv shows, except for when I am on the tv shows category the script could return logo's for recommended unfinished and next episodes.
Music could have a recently played displaying album covers.