Not all cover art read from id3-tags (v2.3) in file mode - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Kodi General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Not all cover art read from id3-tags (v2.3) in file mode (/showthread.php?tid=113820)
Not all cover art read from id3-tags (v2.3) in file mode - mindweaver - 2011-11-03 10:27
I have a weird problem. When in files mode I can't get XBMC to read all my cover art that are embedded in my mp3 files.
The covers display fine in iTunes (v10.5), Windows Explorer (Windows 7) and Mp3Tag (v2.39).
So something must be "wrong" with XBMC, or there is an error in those mp3 files that only XBMC can't handle.
Please help me, this is frustrating.
Windows 7 x64
XBMC version: XBMCSetup-20111023-0e8168e-master.exe
- StillSchweiger - 2012-01-01 10:10
Hapy new year to the xbmc community!
I have a similar issue. XBMC just doesn't read the actual embedded cover for some mp3 files but shows an outdated cover. In my case this applies to some songs in the cmpilations folder.
All these files are correctly shown in mp3tag or itunes.
I tried to delete the thumbnail-cache and the textures6.db but without any luck.
Even when i scrape the Album via allmusic and update the album information it will still show the outdated cover.
I'm running Eden beta on ATV2.
RE: Not all cover art read from id3-tags (v2.3) in file mode - The Angry One - 2012-05-05 18:43
It's a little late, but none the less this is how I have solved this.
First: I use Ubuntu, so I use easytag... I noticed with easytag that the embedded coverart in my MP3's is labeled with certain descriptions such as (Front Cover) (Back Cover) (Other) etc.... etc.. etc... Whenever the coverart was labeled with anything other than (Front Cover) or (Other), XBMC would not find it. So you must fix all your embedded art in your MP3's first. <---- i know, that sux
Second: In XBMC remove your source<--- go to file mode, go to root, select your music source and remove it completely.
Third: from a terminal, (Not sure how you Windoze folks do it, sorry ) find in the .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Music <--- delete or move that folder
Forth: from a terminal, (Not sure how you Windoze folks do it, sorry ) find in the .xbmc/userdata/Database/MyMusic18.db <--- delete or move that file
Finally: restart XBMC, add your source back, scan your files, update your library and hopefully it will work for you also! Cheers!