Kodi Community Forum
Mq3 slower than Mq2 for movies? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Mq3 slower than Mq2 for movies? (/showthread.php?tid=114536)

Pages: 1 2

Mq3 slower than Mq2 for movies? - AJ1000 - 2011-11-13

I have just started mq3 after using , on my Dharma version of xbmc. Mq3 is very good, but I am having one issue.

When I select movies in mq2 it is fairly instantaneous, but in mq3, I get a blank screen for a few seconds. This is the same when I leave a movie.

Does anyone know the reason or this?

Thanks.

AJ1000

- vansmak - 2011-11-14

+1

I'm still new to XBMC and Aeon MQ3 and have come across a couple threads, but still haven't gotten a clear explanation. I have issues when entering the movie and tv sections of a 3-5 second delay (as well as exiting them). I believe it has to do with the new custom navigation menu. I did notice a slight improvement (perhaps a second less) when I removed all the non used viewtypes) and went to the "normal" mode.

- AJ1000 - 2011-11-14

Try MQ2 and see if you get any delay.

- vansmak - 2011-11-14

Just loaded MQ2 to test, and the response is MUCH faster.

I run an Intel i3 3.1mhz on Windows 7 with 4gb of memory so I doubt it's related to my hardware. I can only assume it's directly related to MQ3.

Anyone have any advice or is this just a symptom of the MQ3 skin?

- mattchapman - 2011-11-15

Same here. The new MQ3 comes at a price which is slower responsiveness.
The way it was described I was hoping it would be even faster, but no. Sad

- RavenNL - 2011-11-16

also noticed that mq3 is behaving slower as mq2, especially when going frm main menu to the movie library or tv library

and since i have mq3 installed i have a lot other issues as well, think i'm going back to mq2 which I ran fine for months until mq3 showed up Undecided

Also I see a lot bugs being posted in the mq3 thread but hardly any response from the creator that he confirms it or will look into it, I posted several and a lot others as well.

- AJ1000 - 2011-11-17

However, MQ3 is very impressive, so I emphasise that this thread is to indicate that there may be a performance issue, rather than a dismissal of MQ3.

I have switched back to MQ2 but am missing one or two of the customizations in MQ3 that I can not do in MQ2.

Also since I am using the Dharma version, I do not know if these issues will exist in the Eden version.

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-17

Aeon MQ 3 was written in Eden to Eden, later adapted to the Dharma with respect to those who still use this version, despite the Eden be better.

So it is natural to skin be better in Eden, everything was set for him.
I'm looking for this delay that exists only for those who use the version Dharma, but to me it does not happen .. still looking.

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-17

RavenNL Wrote:Also I see a lot bugs being posted in the mq3 thread but hardly any response from the creator that he confirms it or will look into it, I posted several and a lot others as well.

lot ? How many 5, 10 ? .. in a skin of this size with thousands of users .. is very little if you think about it.

Moreover, not everything that is reported is true bug.

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-17

Another thing. Are all Linux users?

- mattchapman - 2011-11-17

Windows user (Dharma) here.

If it is not a problem in Eden then I would not worry about it.
I will be moving to Eden once it's official and I assume it will be out soon.

- vansmak - 2011-11-17

My issues are on Eden in Windows 7 x64 with the slow access to the Movies and TV section, granted we're talking about 3-5 seconds, and if that is the price I have to pay for using this great skin; so be it. My concern was I had something setup wrong that a simple fix might take care of. It sounds as if I'm not alone, so I'm ok with it.

Marcos - Thanks for the quick response and all your hard work. This is an amazing skin and I look forward to all the future enhancements!

- >>X<< - 2011-11-17

This was an old problem with other versions of Aeon a long time back disabling all views your not using helped, some people also found that deleting their guisettings.xml also worked as it was becoming corrupt switching between different versions of aeon not saying that would work here but its worth a try

Probably better off copying your guisettings.xml first then putting it back if it doesn't work save you having to set xbmc how you like it again

- Alz2605 - 2011-11-17

>>X<<' Wrote:This was an old problem with other versions of Aeon a long time back disabling all views your not using helped, some people also found that deleting their guisettings.xml also worked as it was becoming corrupt switch between different versions of aeon not saying that would work here but its worth a try

Probably better off copying your guisettings.xml first then putting it back if it doesn't work save you having to set xbmc how you like it again

When I switched to MQ3 it was sluggish for me untill I deleted guisettings then it was fine.

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-17

I assume that everyone who posted here have used the button RESTART SKIN - before posting here. Cool