Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: Artwork Downloader - st graveyard - 2013-09-14

Ha ... And I thought I was the only one having troubles understanding the whole local artwork thing with artwork downloader ...

RE: Artwork Downloader - voip-ninja - 2013-09-16

I'm having a problem (again) with the artwork downloader not seeming to pick up new TV show season posters (which have been generated locally with EMM).

When I checked Artwork Downloader settings I noticed that at some point doing various updates "use local files" had been disabled, I re-enabled it but still not picking up existing local artwork for seasons.

I'm running OpenElec 3.2 and Aeon Nox 4.0.

Here's an example of what I'm running into;

/Homeland/Season 1/
/Homeland/Season 2/
/Homeland/season01-poster.jpg
/Homeland/season02-poster.jpg

Season 1 poster is displayed from a previous successful scan, but season 2 poster never shows up.

I run artwork downloader (with local files enabled)... it scans everything, and after it is done it says "zero files downloaded".

What am I missing? I've spent the past hour today trying to figure this out but am drawing a blank. Do I need to do a full debug to get this sorted out?

RE: Artwork Downloader - teeedubb - 2013-09-16

Thanks for this addon, it adds extra bling to the already bling-y aeon nox. Smile

RE: Artwork Downloader - Buzniak - 2013-09-16

(2013-09-13, 16:33)Buzniak Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 14:31)Martijn Wrote: i said HOW IT SHOULD WORK.
Read my statement again. Could be that due changes it's disabled for now.
I think i know the software better than you.

This was your exact comment "That's already how it should work "
I read it perfectly, no need to get aggressive. I was just stating what i thought was the correct reply.

Anyways, here's a screen of whats going on; Usually my local images would be available in the custom and GUI option but they're not.

P.S thanks for the quick reply.

This Happens to all series and movies, for some reason now.

RE: Artwork Downloader - voip-ninja - 2013-09-17

(2013-09-16, 03:00)voip-ninja Wrote: I'm having a problem (again) with the artwork downloader not seeming to pick up new TV show season posters (which have been generated locally with EMM).

When I checked Artwork Downloader settings I noticed that at some point doing various updates "use local files" had been disabled, I re-enabled it but still not picking up existing local artwork for seasons.

I'm running OpenElec 3.2 and Aeon Nox 4.0.

Here's an example of what I'm running into;

/Homeland/Season 1/
/Homeland/Season 2/
/Homeland/season01-poster.jpg
/Homeland/season02-poster.jpg

Season 1 poster is displayed from a previous successful scan, but season 2 poster never shows up.

I run artwork downloader (with local files enabled)... it scans everything, and after it is done it says "zero files downloaded".

What am I missing? I've spent the past hour today trying to figure this out but am drawing a blank. Do I need to do a full debug to get this sorted out?

Anyone? It wouldn't be as frustrating if artwork downloader wasn't required to get artwork working. I never needed it before Frodo as I generate all of my artwork using EMM.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Buzniak - 2013-09-17

AWD needs to be fixed, maybe staff are busy, or they can't be stuffed replying. I want to say busy.

GUI mode shows no local art at all. I have it set to use local art but still no go.

Just fix it or charge people for XBMC so you're obligated to fix these things asap.

If XBMC was more stable i would pay 10-15 bux for a copy.

Fix AWD please, because obviously there's something not right here since 12.0.19 but 12.0.18 was fine, can't roll back for some reason.

Marcos Q should write a app similar to XBMC, I'll buy that.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-09-17

jeez can't you guys have some patience or what?

we have a real life, perhaps you haven't

Quote:If XBMC was more stable i would pay 10-15 bux for a copy.
what a freakin lame excuse is this?
you use this software FOR FREE.

responses like this makes every single dev loose any interest in helping any one out.
such replies are without any respect for the huge effort that has been taken during the years.
i'd rather not help users like you who are ungreatfull just because for some reason an option is missing from FREE SOFTWARE and FREE artwork service.

thanks for nothing! Angry

RE: Artwork Downloader - Mickyd - 2013-09-17

Buzniak,

You have to realize that most people that develop the 3rd party add-ons for XBMC do so in their own time, in fact I think everything developed in connection to XBMC is done so as a hobby more than an actual job. Oh and were this product to become paid then add-ons like this probably wouldn't exist because a paid product would not be open source and as such someone could not spend their own time developing a plug in for the paid version.

AWD is great, but will have issues no matter what considering that every installation of XBMC is probably unique i.e. has been modified by the owner to their own tastes so surely not every possible hardware / software configuration can be acceptance tested when developing patches / upgrades and as such we may experience issues.

Martin, personally from me thanks for the add-on. I don't believe I've experienced the problems regarding local art, but I just use XMBC at a low level i.e. I initially use movie companion and the when added to XBMC I use 'extra artwork' to update / refresh as movie companion still puts all the artwork in the VIDEO_TS folder and we know that Frodo doesn't look there anymore.

Mike.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Deano316 - 2013-09-17

Agreed!! Angry

@Buzniak: You really should give the devs a break, they work hard and give great support for free. I struggle to keep up with their updates and juggle normal life, let alone develop add-ons and such. The minority don't speak for the appreciative majority of us who are very grateful for the time spent improving XBMC. If you can find a better piece of free software, be my guest. In the meantime we'll all 'try' and enjoy XBMC without you.

RE: Artwork Downloader - hernandito - 2013-09-17

I love AWD... I truly does make XBMC very special.... Thank you for this!!

I use Openelec, and I would love to be able to setup a CRON job to do an automatic execution of the script. For some reason, after adding movies, there is no poster on my Aeon Nox widget for the movie... I usually have to manually execute AWD...

I already setup an html link on my personal web server that launches AWD... the html link looks like this:

Code:
<a href="192.168.0.103/jsonrpc?request={ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 0, "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon","params": {"addonid": "script.artwork.downloader", "params": {"mediatype": "movie"}}}">AWD Movies </a>
The code above needs the spaces removed in order to work... I pasted it this way so it is "easier" to read.

Does anyone know how I can basically do this as a Cron job? What would the script look like? How would the script be called?

Something like:

Code:
*/12 * * * * /sample/path/awdscript.sh

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2013-09-17

(2013-09-17, 19:27)hernandito Wrote: Does anyone know how I can basically do this as a Cron job? What would the script look like? How would the script be called?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373
Code:
./texturecache.py exec script.artwork.downloader silent=true mediatype=movie

Well, the software is free, but many of us choose to be financial donors and try to support the project that way, sometimes because our coding skills truly suck.

It is still frustrating though when you can't get something to work.... especially something that used to be optional (artwork downloader) that now appears to be a necessity.

It seems to me that in the case of TV episodes there is some kind of issue with XBMC updating the library (adding seasons and episodes for example) but Album Artwork Downloader believing that everything is still up to date.

I'm willing to bet that if I completely blow away one of my problem shows from the database and add it back, then run artwork downloader that everything will show up properly. Unfortunately doing so will result in the loss of all of my season watched markers which kind of stinks.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-09-17

will do some digging this weekend to see what's possibly messed up for the ones who do have patience.

@voip-ninja
if you refresh a single show or refresh your entire database it will not remove your watched items. these are stored in a separate database table apart from the library.

In Gotham you can add any artwork yourself through XBMC's own interface without any addon. This however is manual labour and you will need to do it for every single piece of non standard artwork (like logos, and discs) until some one finds time to implement scraping for it.

Martin,

Thanks for the response. I've noticed the reference to refreshing a single show but when I select the contextual menu for a single show or season in Aeon Nox I don't have a selection for "refresh". Is there some other way to do it?

I will get a log of what is going on and post it here because definitely I have added new seasons of shows, provided artwork that's formatted correctly and not have AD pick it up.

RE: Artwork Downloader - st graveyard - 2013-09-17

Well, so if I understand everything correctly ... I guess waiting till team XBMC makes logo's, discs and other art standard, is the thing to do for local artwork to work properly.

Martijn, I think we all appreciate your hard work (I do!!!!!) and I love the fact that AWD is a very helpfull tool. It is just a freakin' b*tch that things used to work so much better, and since version 2013 of xbmc, have become nearly impossible to execute properly or even understand (the non-standard local artwork).

Currently, I even don't understand the use of saving non standard artwork locally if artwork downloader is not able to add it to the library without first checking onlineHuh?

Anyway, keep up the good work in here!

Cheers...