Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: Artwork Downloader - Buzniak - 2013-09-20

WOW, so it took a suggestion to make XBMC a paid product, to get you up in a big stink, then you took the moral high ground, saying "XBMC is community driven"
like i was unaware of that, when i stated first you must be busy or i would have been fixed already. Who's the child in this situation Martijn!

I'm perfectly aware of the skill and time it takes to keep such a large project like XBMC alive and flowing well.
Have some dignity stop being a baby.

Keep up that good work!Nod

RE: Artwork Downloader - MeMeMe - 2013-09-20

(2013-09-17, 22:59)voip-ninja Wrote: So I guess I have a couple of small questions. When this is done is it over-writing the info I've already provided via my .nfo files for the show? And..... is this causing Frodo to simply pick up artwork I've already put in for the show or would running artwork downloader still be needed?

If you have local nfo files, it should prompt you if yo uwant to ignore local info and refresh from the internet.
If you select YES, it will ignore your nfo file (and maybe local art - not sure about that). If you select NO, it will refresh information but use your nfo file.

RE: Artwork Downloader - hewligun - 2013-09-26

I cannot seem to get it to auto download extra fanart for new tv shows or movies. I have it set to run in the background. What do i need to do for it to always run in the background and add all new items. Also is there a way for me to retro go back and get everything it didnt download since the initial download of everything?

RE: Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2013-09-27

It runs anytime you do an Update Library.

To force it to Run go to program and press Enter on it.

RE: Artwork Downloader - hewligun - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-27, 01:47)CaptainKen Wrote: It runs anytime you do an Update Library.

To force it to Run go to program and press Enter on it.

It doesnt seem to be. How do I make sure it runs when I do an update library?

RE: Artwork Downloader - AnthonyJS02 - 2013-09-27

It doesn't run automatically at all. Now unless something changed feel free to correct me. But you have to go to your addons and hit enter and it will get any of the artwork that you have checked in the settings.

RE: Artwork Downloader - hewligun - 2013-09-28

(2013-09-27, 02:09)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: It doesn't run automatically at all. Now unless something changed feel free to correct me. But you have to go to your addons and hit enter and it will get any of the artwork that you have checked in the settings.

So it always runs through the entire library and re-downloads the artwork for everything?

RE: Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-09-28

(2013-09-28, 20:49)hewligun Wrote:
(2013-09-27, 02:09)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: It doesn't run automatically at all. Now unless something changed feel free to correct me. But you have to go to your addons and hit enter and it will get any of the artwork that you have checked in the settings.

So it always runs through the entire library and re-downloads the artwork for everything?

only downloads things you don't already have

RE: Artwork Downloader - Darkmage40 - 2013-09-28

I'm sorry if this is answered again somewhere else. But where is the data (photos etc.) stored and can i change that folder cause i use an ssd only for windows and some programs and i dont want any other data to be stored there cause its only 120GB. Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english...

RE: Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-28, 23:50)Darkmage40 Wrote: I'm sorry if this is answered again somewhere else. But where is the data (photos etc.) stored and can i change that folder cause i use an ssd only for windows and some programs and i dont want any other data to be stored there cause its only 120GB. Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english...

Stored on same media source as your movies, tv shows etc. in like folders.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Darkmage40 - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 00:17)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-09-28, 23:50)Darkmage40 Wrote: I'm sorry if this is answered again somewhere else. But where is the data (photos etc.) stored and can i change that folder cause i use an ssd only for windows and some programs and i dont want any other data to be stored there cause its only 120GB. Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english...

Stored on same media source as your movies, tv shows etc. in like folders.

Thanks Big Grin

RE: Artwork Downloader - AnthonyJS02 - 2013-09-29

Not by default I do believe. It is stored initially in directory on the xbmc machine. You have to turn on use local folder for it to be stored in the movies folder.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 02:33)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Not by default I do believe. It is stored initially in directory on the xbmc machine. You have to turn on use local folder for it to be stored in the movies folder.

Wrong. Please do some research before claiming such things.

It only stores the links in the database and then xbmc caches them on the local disk. If you enable local files it will download them to the movie folders and then xbmc still caches the files to local disk.
So no matter what they will end up on the SSD

RE: Artwork Downloader - AnthonyJS02 - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-29, 02:36)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 02:33)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Not by default I do believe. It is stored initially in directory on the xbmc machine. You have to turn on use local folder for it to be stored in the movies folder.

Wrong. Please do some research before claiming such things.

It only stores the links in the database and then xbmc caches them on the local disk. If you enable local files it will download them to the movie folders and then xbmc still caches the files to local disk.
So no matter what they will end up on the SSD

Sorry about that then. My fault.

RE: Artwork Downloader - defleppard - 2013-10-04

just a fool question...

where are saved disc art (disc.png). In movies folder i can find fanart , extra fanart and thumb; but not the disc imag ( disc.png)

thanx in advance