Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

- eddiem - 2012-01-28

canadave Wrote:I'm getting "Dependencies not met" error when trying to update to 1.0.5 from repo.

Same here, dependency is script.common.plugin.cache-0.9.1 Repo version is

- PatrickBateman - 2012-01-28

Same here... I've not changed anything, just tried to update?

Can anyone else confirm that when AD updates it has 2 entries in the updates folder? Mine shows two AD updates every time an update is due?

- hunkyn - 2012-01-28

Seems like the dependency common.cache needs to be changed to 0.9.0 to reflect xbmc repository?

{update} seems like 0.9.1 pull request has been sent to repository. we could expect this to be coming shortly :p

- Martijn - 2012-01-28

canadave Wrote:I'm getting "Dependencies not met" error when trying to update to 1.0.5 from repo. I have been mucking about with the commoncache.db and urlresolver on my system though. Does Artwork Downloader rely on those? If so, I suppose that's the problem...

eddiem Wrote:Same here, dependency is script.common.plugin.cache-0.9.1 Repo version is

PatrickBateman Wrote:Same here... I've not changed anything, just tried to update?

Can anyone else confirm that when AD updates it has 2 entries in the updates folder? Mine shows two AD updates every time an update is due?

hunkyn Wrote:Seems like the dependency common.cache needs to be changed to 0.9.0 to reflect xbmc repository?

{update} seems like 0.9.1 pull request has been sent to repository. we could expect this to be coming shortly :p

It does depend on commoncache and there was a problem with pushing commoncache to the repo. Somehow it doens't show up on the repo so that's why it now doens't update.
They are working on it I hope
AD shows two times because it is listed as a program and as a service

- PatrickBateman - 2012-01-28

Martijn Wrote:It does depend on commoncache and there was a problem with pushing commoncache to the repo. Somehow it doens't show up on the repo so that's why it now doens't update.
They are working on it I hope
AD shows two times because it is listed as a program and as a service

Cheers Wink

- Martijn - 2012-01-28

Because now almost skins are broken there will be version 1.0.6 pushed to repo (containing same AD as version 1.0.4) and that would solve it.

Added commoncache script - Martijn - 2012-01-29

Before the world comes crumbling down again (like Friday night when all skins got broken)
Here's a test version with the commoncache script. Should greatly increase speed when used multiple times within 24 hours.

downloads

Please report if it is working or not Smile

- m4x1m - 2012-01-29

Oopps!Big Grin

At xbmc start!

Code:
16:25:15 T:2934836080   ERROR: ADDON: extension 'downloader/' is not currently supported for service addon
16:44:47 T:2801793904   ERROR: ADDON: extension '' is not currently supported for service addon
16:44:48 T:2801793904   ERROR: ADDON: extension 'downloader/' is not currently supported for service addon

- Martijn - 2012-01-29

m4x1m Wrote:Oopps!Big Grin

At xbmc start!

Code:
16:25:15 T:2934836080   ERROR: ADDON: extension 'downloader/' is not currently supported for service addon
16:44:47 T:2801793904   ERROR: ADDON: extension '' is not currently supported for service addon
16:44:48 T:2801793904   ERROR: ADDON: extension 'downloader/' is not currently supported for service addon

lol that's not mine Wink
My errors always starts with "ERROR Artwork Downloader" Cool

This is something from the YouTube scripts

- eddiem - 2012-01-29

m4x1m Wrote:Oopps!Big Grin

At xbmc start!

Code:

That error refers to: script.module.simple.downloader
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116500&highlight=simple+downloader
Myself and others have the same error. The script was installed automatically
presumably without being tested.

- m4x1m - 2012-01-29

Martijn Wrote:lol that's not mine Wink
My errors always starts with "ERROR Artwork Downloader" Cool

This is something from the YouTube scripts

Ok sorry, I was confused from the "downloader" word

- canadave - 2012-01-30

I have one small quibble with the banner selection GUI...the banners are shown *really* small (at least, on my 52" TV using the reFocus skin). I can barely make out what they look like, so it's difficult to choose a good one. Any chance the GUI might be re-designed so that the banner is larger, and the accompanying text (language, rating, votes, etc) is somehow moved around it? My idea for design would be a two-column layout where the banner takes up the left column, and the text info is presented in the right column with line breaks. So the text would look like:

Language: en
rating: 10.0
votes: 2.0

rather than how it is now, separated by pipe symbol on one long line.

Also, in the same GUI I'm referring to, on my screen the season number is cut off. I'm not even sure what that's supposed to refer to, since the banners are independent of the TV show seasons anyway Smile

Other than that, cheers for a wonderful addon that keeps getting better by the day Smile

- Martijn - 2012-01-30

canadave Wrote:I have one small quibble with the banner selection GUI...the banners are shown *really* small (at least, on my 52" TV using the reFocus skin).

That would require me to actually make a GUI myself.
Now i just use the skins own selection dialog like it was before with logo-downloader.
For now i have no plans on changing that because i got other things to do. Maybe in a couple of weeks or so.
The other problems is that it you should make it really big to show both posters/cdart/logos and banners correctly. Maybe Jeroen knows some solution if he wants to. However this would require a redisign of the dialog. Maybe just wait until we can make our own dialog so this won't interfere with other functions of that dialog.

About the seasons. Normally long text scrolls and the new version has season banners support and this is just how the info is build up now.

EDIT:
Maybe it's possible to rotate the banners 90 degrees. This way they will have more space

- canadave - 2012-01-30

Ah, okay, didn't realize. Thanks Martijn. I'll just live with it for now Smile

As for rotating 90 degrees, that's a good idea, but I don't know how good a landscape-oriented banner would look if it were suddenly tipped on its side! Wink It appears to be a "square" area of the GUI that the banner is stuck in anyway (at least in reFocus), so I don't suppose it'd be a huge improvement.

cheers!

- PatK - 2012-01-30

View download report from the latest download run: produces change log text. V1.0.6 Eden B2 T! 4.0.5