Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

- steeve23 - 2012-02-05

Hi,
I'm just after a bit of advice if anyone can clear up the confusion I seem to be having.

I don't use any media managers, and for at the moment I am only concerned with TV Shows.

I am aware that both fanart.tv and tvdb are used to source the artwork for TV shows, but is there an order of preference in which is used, both feature art in some categories, so how does xbmc decide which one to use.

Example:
I had a show which didn't have any Season Thumbs (landscape 16.9), so I created one and added it to fanart.tv, then when I 'Get Artwork' the new thumb shows up, great Big Grin

I then decided I wanted a different Thumb on a different show (this show already had a Thumb showing), I did the same again, created a Thumb, uploaded it to fanart.tv (got it approved), but then could find no way to change the current Thumb to my new one, it wasn't showing up in the selections under 'Change thumb', I discovered that theses were the tvdb ones only.

So, is there a guide/explaination of how the artwork is sourced, so I can change my Series Thumb to the one I want, without having to put it in the folder manually?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

- Martijn - 2012-02-05

steeve23 Wrote:Hi,
I'm just after a bit of advice if anyone can clear up the confusion I seem to be having.

Example:
I had a show which didn't have any Season Thumbs (landscape 16.9), so I created one and added it to fanart.tv, then when I 'Get Artwork' the new thumb shows up, great Big Grin

That's impossible because we don't download season thumbs yet Wink
You probably mean the regular thumb 16:9.
PHP Code:
landscape.jpg 

Or you mean the regular poster

Quote:I then decided I wanted a different Thumb on a different show (this show already had a Thumb showing), I did the same again, created a Thumb, uploaded it to fanart.tv (got it approved), but then could find no way to change the current Thumb to my new one, it wasn't showing up in the selections under 'Change thumb', I discovered that theses were the tvdb ones only.

So, is there a guide/explaination of how the artwork is sourced, so I can change my Series Thumb to the one I want, without having to put it in the folder manually?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

XBMC itself only uses TVDB as it's artwork source.
That means 'posters', 'season posters' and 'banners'. Change thumb is an XBMC button which we have nothing to do with.

We provide both from TVDB and fanart.tv and they each have their own types.
So it's important to understand the difference between those.

You have Thumb' and in general they mean 'Poster'. You also have 'Thumb 16:9' and that the widescreen image that is saved as landscape.jpg.

- steeve23 - 2012-02-05

Ok, Thanks.

Opps, sorry, yes I meant Series not season, the landscape.jpg one.

Now I look more clearly at both TVDB & fanart.tv, I see the distinct types, there is no overlap, great, that clears that up Big Grin Thankyou.

So the graphic that fanart.tv calls 'TV Thumbs' is what we here call 'Thumb 16:9', which is downloaded from fanart.tv ONLY as landscape.jpg?

For the show I am looking at there are nine different TV Thumbs (as above), is there a way select which one I get to use? (I am using AeonMQ3)

Are both the buttons 'Get Logo/Clear art' & 'Get Artwork' for this plugin, or are they different?

Thank you very much for your quick reply and help with this, I seemed to be going round in circles!!

Steve

- Martijn - 2012-02-05

steeve23 Wrote:Ok, Thanks.

Opps, sorry, yes I meant Series not season, the landscape.jpg one.

Now I look more clearly at both TVDB & fanart.tv, I see the distinct types, there is no overlap, great, that clears that up Big Grin Thankyou.

So the graphic that fanart.tv calls 'TV Thumbs' is what we here call 'Thumb 16:9', which is downloaded from fanart.tv ONLY as landscape.jpg?
Correct

Quote:For the show I am looking at there are nine different TV Thumbs (as above), is there a way select which one I get to use? (I am using AeonMQ3)

Are both the buttons 'Get Logo/Clear art' & 'Get Artwork' for this plugin, or are they different?

Thank you very much for your quick reply and help with this, I seemed to be going round in circles!!

Steve
In the mediamenu:
'Get Logo/Clear art' seems to use the old 'Logo-Downloader' (this won't be ported to Eden)
Should not be visible in Eden.

'Get Artwork' downloads automatic all artwork according to the settings but if i see how he has done it it doesn't work correctly i think.

DialogVideoInfo:
There seems to be some weird things in the MQ3 code.
Find DialogVideoInfo.xml and replace the code on line 391 with this:
PHP Code:
<item id="7">
    <
description>Get Thumb</description><!-- ArtWork Downloader TV Shows -->
    <
label>31908</label>
    <
onclick>RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=guimediatype=tvshow,medianame=$INFO[ListItem.Title])</onclick>
    <
visible>system.hasaddon(script.artwork.downloader) + Container.Content(tvshows) + !Skin.HasSetting(tvposter)</visible>
  </
item

This would give you a selection dialog so you can choose.
For extrafanart there should be a seperate button or just use the mediamenu or run from programs.

The part for the movies doesn't seem right either.
Should be "mode=custom , ......,...., extrathumbs,extrafanart" or something like that. GUI mode has no real advantage at this point.

I think you should create a bug ticket on his skin and point him to:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Artwork_Downloader

- steeve23 - 2012-02-05

Thanks for your help, I have now created a bug ticket as you mentioned.

Just to say, I am on Eden Beta2, and still get the logo button:

Hopefully this issue can be sorted, would save me having to manually move the artwork.

Thanks again,

Steve

Possible Bug - motifmike - 2012-02-07

Hey Folks,

I noticed that if a title has a comma in it (ex. "Crazy, Stupid, Love"), it only sends the first part "Crazy" as the title to retrieve the fanart. I simply removed the commas to read "Crazy Stupid Love", and that worked great. Just though I'd mention it in case anybody might be having a similar issue where no artwork is being downloaded.

- CutSickAss - 2012-02-09

Dear Martijn, first of all I would to thank you for your work not only in this, but in XBMC in general. Truly impressive on how much effort developers like you will put in creating something any stranger will enjoy, without much -if any- reciprocation. Keep up the great work!

To the point, I just translated the Artwork Downloader add-on in Greek, here it is by the way:
resources/language/Greek/strings.xml

as well as the addon.xml:
addon.xml

I did not make a pull request in github because I realized that even though the Greek text appears fine in the menus, it does not appear at all in the dialog windows, like when you've just downloaded some artwork ("Cleaning Up" {id=32005}, "...files downloaded" {id=32016}, "Please help get more..." {id=32001}, etc.); only the English text is visible. I tried it on a few skins that have Greek support (Aeon Nox, Confluence, XeeBo), with the same effects. I tried changing the encoding to ISO-8859-7 (Greek) instead of UTF-8, to ANSI, Unicode, but the issue remains. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

- Martijn - 2012-02-10

CutSickAss Wrote:Dear Martijn, first of all I would to thank you for your work not only in this, but in XBMC in general. Truly impressive on how much effort developers like you will put in creating something any stranger will enjoy, without much -if any- reciprocation. Keep up the great work!

To the point, I just translated the Artwork Downloader add-on in Greek, here it is by the way:
resources/language/Greek/strings.xml

as well as the addon.xml:
addon.xml

I did not make a pull request in github...
Thx for the compliment Smile

Think I fixed the issue with the text not showing. Get the latest code from git and see how that work for you.

- CutSickAss - 2012-02-10

Martijn Wrote:Think I fixed the issue with the text not showing. Get the latest code from git and see how that work for you.

The Greek text does appear now, thank you, but at the end of a few procedures I tried, such as get ExtraThumbs, get ExtraFanart, etc., even if they were successful, the error dialog always came up. The same thing happens when German or Polish is the default language, but in English and Dutch the correct dialogs appear. Here's an example of what I see after I download ExtraThumbs for a movie:

Dutch (OK)

English (OK)

German (Error)

Greek (Error)

Polish (Error)

- Martijn - 2012-02-10

CutSickAss Wrote:The Greek text does appear now, thank you, but at the end of a few procedures I tried, such as get ExtraThumbs, get ExtraFanart, etc., even if they were successful, the error dialog always came up. The same thing happens when German or Polish is the default language, but in English and Dutch the correct dialogs appear. Here's an example of what I see after I download ExtraThumbs for a movie:

Try this code for utils.py
http://pastebin.com/dA69Md7W

German gives no error now. Can't try the greek and polish because I won't know where am at in the skin then Wink

EDIT:
Doing some extra localization so the report is also translated. So when it's done can you send a PR then?

Martijn Wrote:Try this code for utils.py
http://pastebin.com/dA69Md7W

German gives no error now. Can't try the greek and polish because I won't know where am at in the skin then Wink

I tried it on every language, it works fine, thank you! Big Grin

- Martijn - 2012-02-10

CutSickAss Wrote:I tried it on every language, it works fine, thank you! Big Grin

Finished the localization of the download report (not all was possible because of how the code works).

Can you try if that works for you? Code is in master branch on github

Martijn Wrote:Finished the localization of the download report (not all was possible because of how the code works).

Can you try if that works for you? Code is in master branch on github

It seems to work fine on all supported languages, good job! I made the necessary edits for Greek and opened a pull request on github.

- Martijn - 2012-02-10

CutSickAss Wrote:It seems to work fine on all supported languages, good job! I made the necessary edits for Greek and opened a pull request on github.

I continue to amaze myself Wink

Glad it works Big Grin

If any else want to do translations for his/her language. Check out the github page for latest strings

- takhrai - 2012-02-12

Hi all,

Everything is working great without TV Shows logos, Cannot get them.
I don't understand why.