Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

- Knight77 - 2012-02-24

Martijn Wrote:Still no Wink

You need to run Artwork Downloader while you have debugging on. Probably it won't fit on http://pastebin.com (size to large) so you can use http://paste.ubuntu.com

Now should be REALLY RIGHT

http://pastebin.com/h8Ts1Sax

Sorry for the mistakes...Blush

- Martijn - 2012-02-24

Knight77 Wrote:Now should be REALLY RIGHT

Sorry for the mistakes...Blush

No problem since you're a new user Wink

Found the problem and it seems you have no write permission on that share
PHP Code:
17:46:45 T:3328   ERRORXFILE::CFile::Cache Failed write to file smb://RT-N56U/AiDisk_b1/share/Video/Person of Interest/banner.jpg 

Either turn write protection off on your server or
you need to add the source with user/password in add network location so you do have write permission
Quote:add videos->browse->add network location-> fill in all required field

- Knight77 - 2012-02-24

Martijn Wrote:No problem since you're a new user Wink

Found the problem and it seems you have no write permission on that share
PHP Code:
17:46:45 T:3328   ERRORXFILE::CFile::Cache Failed write to file smb://RT-N56U/AiDisk_b1/share/Video/Person of Interest/banner.jpg 

Either turn write protection off on your server or
you need to add the source with user/password in add network location so you do have write permission

I checked and the HD is connected to my router via USB, no problem in creating folders, delete files ecc. via PC but if I make mouse right click then proprieties it shows "only reading enabled" (something like that, is not in english) I can "uncheck" this but then it won't change and go back to that setting. I'm going crazy here...

About the option to use the pass I'd like to see if in XBMC I can give the user and pass of the router but cannot find the place where to input it

- Martijn - 2012-02-24

Knight77 Wrote:About the option to use the pass I'd like to see if in XBMC I can give the user and pass of the router but cannot find the place where to input it

the only place i can think of is when you add a source..

- Knight77 - 2012-02-24

Martijn Wrote:the only place i can think of is when you add a source..

Ok I used to add directly the SMB path, now I added manually the path so I could write user and pass. Nothing change No doesn't work SadSad

What can I try...I just would like my banners Big Grin

- Martijn - 2012-02-24

Knight77 Wrote:Ok I used to add directly the SMB path, now I added manually the path so I could write user and pass. Nothing change No doesn't work SadSad

What can I try...I just would like my banners Big Grin

I have no idea. Maybe post the question in the general section with some hardware/setup details and some one can help you with it.

- ninian - 2012-03-01

Have a question, maybe a silly one.

I am using Apple TV 2 with a network based NAS server. All of my videos are on the NAS server.

I have configured Artwork Downloader to use a central directory on my Apple TV box (not possible to select location on NAS). Even though this is set, the fanart seems to be getting downloaded to my NAS server, I see the fanart directories and image files on my NAS server.

I would have no issue with this but when I start XBMC it seems to randomly crash with this add on enabled. Also, when accessing the add on via the movie info screen it crashes quite a lot. I am not at home so can't post any logs at the moment, but I will soon when I get home.

I guess my question in the meantime is what is supposed to happen with the central directories configured. And is there any known problems with ATV2 and this add on?

- Martijn - 2012-03-01

Like it says, can be used for slideshow in home screen.
Think i'll just remove that option.
No known issues. Sounds like you have an older XBMC version.
Try updating to beta3 or wait for RC2 cause there's an issue with RC1

- ninian - 2012-03-01

Martijn Wrote:Like it says, can be used for slideshow in home screen.
Think i'll just remove that option.
No known issues. Sounds like you have an older XBMC version.
Try updating to beta3 or wait for RC2 cause there's an issue with RC1

Thanks for the reply.

I am using beta3, I understand you cant be of much help without the logs so I will try to duplicate the issue and post the appropiate logs. From briefly looking this morning before work XBMC seemed to crash after I saw an entry where artwork downloader couldnt find the fanart directory for a particular movie. Like I said though, I will be sure to post the logs.

- TJ_98 - 2012-03-03

I have a been using XBMC for a very long time and with the recent switch i need a little help. Since the logo downloader is no longer available how do i change the artwork for a single show. If I use the automated script I don't get an option to select the correct artwork like I did with the logo downloader. The only way I have been able to switch artwork is to remove the the show. Then remove the files from my profile and then exit xbmc. I then save the file I want manually to the shows folder and then restart XBMC and read the show. This takes way to long to change a single image when the logo downloader did this in a few seconds.

Examples: Sanctuary has multiple logos.
Charmed has 10 banners I didn't like the one it selected.
I make an improved logo and upload it to fanart.tv how would I change it?

If this has been addressed I apologize but I couldn't find it with the search function.

- Martijn - 2012-03-03

TJ_98 Wrote:If this has been addressed I apologize but I couldn't find it with the search function.

There is absolutely no change between how logo-downloader did this.
It now just support way more images.
Most skins support this by going to the tvshow and then press "I" and you will probably get some button there that says "Get Artwork". Then you can change the image you want (takes something like 24 hours to get it updated).

It picks the one that matches you settings like language. The one that is first downloaded is the one that has the highest rating on TVDB. Sooon fanart.tv will also use this kind of sytem (number of votes/likes)

What skin are you using?

- TJ_98 - 2012-03-03

I tried multiple skins Including Neon ( not supported), Confluence, and Aeon Nox. I can't get it to to give me a selection. When I used the Logo Downloader I would get a list of all of the banners or logos to select from but with the Artwork Downloader all I get is a yes no option at the bottom of the screen. When i select no it freezes my system so the only option is yes which is the auto script. Also does it scan the entire library everytime i try to update a single tv show if so this may be the cause of my problem.

I want to be able to select the artwork like before and not have it pick for me.

- Martijn - 2012-03-03

The crashes are somewhat random and i have them to but not very often. There's already a XBMC bug ticket for this. If you are not using XBMC Eden11.0 RC2 you should update to that. If you are you can post a full debug log using http://pastebin.com and see what is causing that.

How to provide log:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

Neon has an update ready i think but don't know how it uses that.

Aeon Nox should definitly work cause i use that to. When you select "no" it should give you a list from which you can select what you want.

- TJ_98 - 2012-03-03

Ok I just tried it again but this time I turned off the "run add-on at login' then rebooted. I am now able to get the screen to select the artwork I want to replace I beleive It was still running the auto scan when I tried to change the art work. Sorry for wasting time. It does take a little longer to come up than the Logo downloader but it works.

I did read that Neon will be updated this weekend to support the Artwork Downloader. (my preferred skin for the Logo Wall in the TV Show Section)

I think the was a problem between the couch and the remote.

- Martijn - 2012-03-03

TJ_98 Wrote:Ok I just tried it again but this time I turned off the "run add-on at login' then rebooted. I am now able to get the screen to select the artwork I want to replace I beleive It was still running the auto scan when I tried to change the art work. Sorry for wasting time. It does take a little longer to come up than the Logo downloader but it works.

I did read that Neon will be updated this weekend to support the Artwork Downloader. (my preferred skin for the Logo Wall in the TV Show Section)

I think the was a problem between the couch and the remote.

Even though it maybe was already running it shouldn't crash. I usually try and run it several times and it doens't crash