Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

Re: RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-25, 21:02)Mizaki Wrote: Films are already in the DB if that's what you mean?

All I am trying to do it cache the logos that are already downloaded with the film. I was expecting it to act like a scraper and go: "Local logo.png found, I'll cache that, done. Next." Help keep the load of fanart.tv as well.

I meant is that artwork already in the db table?
And like already mentioned in skin support it still checks site first before using local

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Mizaki - 2012-11-25

Nope.

Re: RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-25, 21:05)Mizaki Wrote: Nope.

Well then it's going to set that in database

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Mizaki - 2012-11-25

I just must not understand what is going on. I have 720 films and I've set it to only get logos and use local artwork. After over 30 minutes it's done 16%. I was expecting it to take 5 minutes max.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - ArieS - 2012-11-26

(2012-11-25, 04:18)ArieS Wrote: Probably a dumb question but here goes... How do I download logos for my whole library? Right now I need to go to each movie, info, get artwork.
I'm sure there's an automated way but I can't figure it out...
I'm running Eden with Aeon Nox.
Thanks!

(2012-11-25, 07:17)dpar Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 04:18)ArieS Wrote: Probably a dumb question but here goes... How do I download logos for my whole library? Right now I need to go to each movie, info, get artwork.
I'm sure there's an automated way but I can't figure it out...
I'm running Eden with Aeon Nox.
Thanks!

Go to your program addons and click on artwork downloader. It will initiate a full scan and download all artwork for everything in your library.

(2012-11-25, 11:39)ArieS Wrote: Thanks dpar but unfortunately when I go there I just see the menu for Configure, Disable, Uninstall, Rollback, etc.
What am I missing?
Anyone can offer any help please?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - thrak76 - 2012-11-26

(2012-11-26, 12:02)ArieS Wrote: Anyone can offer any help please?

I think the problem you're having is that you're trying to access the addons browser (probably through Enabled Addons, yes?), and then the programs category - which for some reason only allows you into the screen you currently see.

Some skins have a menu item that already takes the user to the "executable" programs, like Artwork Downloader, and it's a slightly different path to get there. I'm not sure what skin you're using, but if it doesn't have a "Programs" menu item, then you may need to create for yourself. The function to open the window that will allow you to actually run the programs is:

ActivateWindow(Programs,addons)

You'll have to define that as a custom function somewhere...

What skin are you using? Confluence has the "Programs" menu item on the Home screen.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - ArieS - 2012-11-26

Hey thrak, I'm using Aeon Nox.
Yes, I tried to access it through Enabled Addons.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - thrak76 - 2012-11-26

In Nox, just use the menu item called "programs", and then click on Artwork Downloader. That will start the bulk downloader.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - ArieS - 2012-11-27

Thanks a lot thrak, it worked... but partially. There's a lot of logos that aren't picked up and I need to do them manually. Any idea why?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - thrak76 - 2012-11-27

I have noticed that it sometimes takes a bit of time before everything shows up. If you go to the "Choose Art" dialog, and there is an empty spot where the preview for the clearlogo should be, then I'm pretty sure it means it's downloaded, but has not hit the cache yet (?). It's been that way on my install at least, and i'm using Nox as well.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - ArieS - 2012-11-27

Got it, thanks again buddy.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - dpar - 2012-11-27

I have a (hopefully) simple question. I have uploaded about 30 or so logos to fanart.tv and they were approved several days ago, so they are available on the site. However, when using artwork downloader they are not downloaded, even if I try to do each individual movie, it does not find them. Someone on fanart.tv said that it just depends on when the program you are using updates its list. So if that is the case, how often does artwork downloader update its list so the logos would be available for download?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Vaikin - 2012-11-28

Im assuming the api for fanart uses some cached version of the database to speed up search results. If so, newly added entries won't show up on the results page until the cache is updated. Probably every few days or so.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Shinu - 2012-11-28

Can someone please grace me with a response? Third time I'm posting this. Sad

(2012-11-20, 05:10)Shinu Wrote: Hey Martijn, I have a question though. You said in the Nox 4.0 thread that I needed to run the Artwork Downloader script for the skin to detect logos and clearart again. But doing that doesn't detect logos or clearart that I haven't uploaded to Fanart.tv. I have quite a few of them that I kept, that didn't reach the site's standards. But running the script doesn't make then appear in the skin. Are you aware of this?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - sergiocos - 2012-11-28

you might wanna try a non official release: here