Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - VelvetKevorkian - 2012-12-20

since recently, every time i click on "get artwork" for a tv show, artwork downloader returns an error message.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 21:24)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: since recently, every time i click on "get artwork" for a tv show, artwork downloader returns an error message.

and what do you want me to do about it?
predict the future?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - karlake - 2012-12-21

Hi!

Very useful addon!

I have a problem. The first few times I run the app, it created all the artwork files in the source dir of every movie/tvseies.
Now it stoped to create the files in the source dir, only the extrafanart dir and extrathumb(with content) will be created.
The poster, fanart, logo,clearart,,, files will not be created any more, on new movies/tvseries.
I can see that something is downloaded and frodo(ubuntu 12.10) detects the new artwork but they will not end up in source dir.

I have multiple xbmc/plex clients and the function of one client that will, once for all, take care of downloading artwork is very useful.

- The source dir of my movies and tv series is located on a NAS with full read/write permissions
- All movies have their own source dir and all of them has correct .nfo files
- I have not touched any of the settings from the first run, when it worked.
- The movies that I have tested have artwork, both on TMDB and fanart.tv.
- This is not a new problem for the addon. I had the same problem on my Eden(win7) clients
It looks like the addon changed stategi to "centalized storage of artwork" without that option is beeing set.

Regards
@kalle.com

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - N.O.W.A.L.L - 2012-12-23

Hello

My ArtworkDownloader doesnt work for weeks anymore and several versions, even if I kept updating it

The facts:
- Being from the GUI (through "Programs") or by misc "Get Artwork" in info panel, AD never finds anything. Indeed nothing happens except a prompt with [script error]
- AD doesn't find any result and quit right after I launch it for whatever movie, even with old blockbusters with no title translation (aka Blade Runner, King Kong etc)
- AD fails apparently on every skin (AeonNox 3.6, CirruxEX2 SVN, Confluence)

The specs:
- Mac OSX 10.6.8, EDEN official, AeonNox 3.6, AD 12.0.12

The setup:
- Each movie in a different folder
- AD fails on refreshing a movie with alreaday Extra graphics / also fails with a new movie in a clean empty folder
- Sources are set correctly in settings (each movie in a single folder: checked)
- AD is set set to download every GFX, without overwriting, best in french language, images at 1080p (but same problem with 720p ones). No central folder

The debug log: http://pastebin.com/RFuyyX68

Any idea?

Re: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-12-23

You are running the Frodo version of AD in eden.
Remove it from addons and packages. Remove addonsxx.db and reinstall
mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/script.artwork.downloader/

thx
I did what you told me

No more script errors. But still no result, even on THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and well, all movies

There is a progressing bar saying "cleaning", and when it reaches 100% the prompt fades away and that's it

Could it be related to some caching problem?

Could be. Remove commoncache.db and retry

I tried. still nothing happens except the "cleaning" progression.
Indeed now I remember it all started this way some weeks (months?) ago (and from then I updated to new versions of AD - which led me to use Frodo AD on my Eden setup and led to the "script error" prompt. But the bug was well already there)

Attempt on Expendables 2 (fresh empty folder), witch commoncache.db deleted before starting XBMC,
debug log: http://pastebin.com/kmSEdWCe

Thx

Need Debug Log and enable debug in addon settings too

sorry, here it is

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - XBL. - 2012-12-27

Just started using this addon on Frodo. Very useful!

I have a small issue though, of which I'm sure if it's a bug or a feature. I've enabled the separate directory for extra fanart for both movies and TV (so I can use them as backgrounds in the skin), but I've noticed that it actually puts the files double: both in the separate directory and in the directory of the movie or TV show. Is this how it should behave? I would expect that it would only put the files in the separate directory or would create symlinks to the separate directory (or the other way around).

Re: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-12-27

It is as it should be

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - solidsatras - 2012-12-30

I´m not quite sure if my problem is with Artwork Downloader or Aeon Nox or the combination of the two.
While browsing through my movies and changing posters i´m experiencing frequent crashes like this one:

Here is the according log

As you can see in the log it worked quite a few times before the crash.
I can´t pinpoint exactly when it will crash but while changing 50 posters it would crash like this
at least 6 times.

It is a really cool feature to change artwork like that within xbmc and not depend on tools
like ember. If I can do any more testing or provide more information, please don´t hesitate to ask.

Thanks for all your hard work on this addon.

edit:
and another one with a movie that worked before.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - andzinsan - 2013-01-01

How can I run addon in gui mode in confluence skin?? I have last prefrodo version.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - solidsatras - 2013-01-01

(2013-01-01, 00:51)andzinsan Wrote: How can I run addon in gui mode in confluence skin?? I have last prefrodo version.
I´m not completely sure this information is up to date,
but the wiki would suggest it isn´t supportet yet.
Why don´t you try Aeon Nox 4.0 or Transparency! (atm broken in the repo but
will be back soon)