Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - kamla - 2013-01-10

oohh great..

so for EDEN 11 1.0.21 is the latest..

i installed the 1.0.21 version and now i am getting an error
the script exits because it detects a network error

ERROR: Artwork Downloader: Network error detected

here is pastebin link

XBMC LOG PasteBin link

Thax for your help

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Desisuperman - 2013-01-10

(2013-01-10, 09:14)Desisuperman Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 01:39)Desisuperman Wrote: I'm having issues with Artwork downloader in Next Aired addon. I've tried retrieving banners from fan art downloader and it keeps throwing errors and shows 0 files downloaded..

Logo view and Banner view does not work. Only thumbs work. Aeon's default view is Banners which i'm unable to update/download. When I try downloading through artwork downloader it always shows "0 Downloads". it goes through the motion of updating but does nothing to update them or add them

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've tried the following and have eliminated this issue to Artwork Downloader.

1. I've completely uninstalled XBMC and I even made sure the userdata folder was deleted (Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ ).
2. I reinstalled XBMC, added the Aeon MQ 4 Skin and the only addon I added was Artwork downloader.
3. I only added my TV Shows as a source

Anytime I try downloading artwork it throws the same errors at me. It goes through the cycle of downloading all my artwork for TV shows and then at the end it shows "0 Downloads". I'm trying to switch to posters rather then banners and even if i manually try to change it i get "ERROR DOWNLOADING".

What gives? Am I missing something here. I've started from scratch and I keep getting the same errors. Please advise on how I can deal with this issue. Thanks

SOLVED. My "TV SHOWS" dir which is on my Home-PC was set to read only. I enabled Write and now it works as intended.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - MeMeMe - 2013-01-11

(2013-01-10, 01:40)salamanderxande Wrote: [wesome, thanks! Is there a way to flush a cache or something in XBMC so I start returning the new results? I still get the wrong ones.

Edit: I have now tried the suggestion to remove the source and add it again. (I even renamed all my movies properly.)
At least 20% of my movies still show that logo, just like in my screenshots. Is it possible that the fix just has not propagated, and I should just wait?
Kode confirmed it was a fanart.tv issue, but is anyone having this symptom, or just me?

I have this error, too. Found last night that 183 of my movies now have Out For Justice as the logo. Very irritating indeed. How can we fix this?

I've deleted them all from the source folders, now need to figure out how to delete them from xbmc's thumbnail store. Any ideas?

If i run artwork downloader again, will it simply recreate the out for justice logos everywhere?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - salamanderxande - 2013-01-11

(2013-01-11, 03:10)MeMeMe Wrote:
(2013-01-10, 01:40)salamanderxande Wrote: [wesome, thanks! Is there a way to flush a cache or something in XBMC so I start returning the new results? I still get the wrong ones.

Edit: I have now tried the suggestion to remove the source and add it again. (I even renamed all my movies properly.)
At least 20% of my movies still show that logo, just like in my screenshots. Is it possible that the fix just has not propagated, and I should just wait?
Kode confirmed it was a fanart.tv issue, but is anyone having this symptom, or just me?

I have this error, too. Found last night that 183 of my movies now have Out For Justice as the logo. Very irritating indeed. How can we fix this?

I've deleted them all from the source folders, now need to figure out how to delete them from xbmc's thumbnail store. Any ideas?

If i run artwork downloader again, will it simply recreate the out for justice logos everywhere?

I figured it out.

First, close XBMC

Delete all logo.png's in your movies folder.
Easiest way is to do a search and delete all the results.

Then, go to AppData > Roaming > XBMC and do a search for commoncache.db
There is usually one, but maybe two if you have the common-plugin-cache addon installed.
Delete or rename all copies of common cache.db

Done. commoncache.db will be rebuilt automatically, and you can run Artwork Downloader and the proper artwork will be retrieved.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-12

(2013-01-06, 20:49)Branphma Wrote: Guess there's a problem with fanart.tv again. AD isn't downloading any cdart or clearart/logos at all right now.

I am also having this issue, is this an issue with fanart tv, or does AD no longer support clearart, logos?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - braz - 2013-01-12

I'm experiencing a weird issue.

I have some movies I don't want to show up in the Genre list, so I deleted the genre from the .nfo files and refreshed each one.

All is well until I run Artwork Downloader. When I do, all of the movies with no genre suddenly show up in the Genre list under a blank category. I have to refresh each one in order to remove it from the blank Genre.

Can this phenomena be related to AD?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-12

Looks like I just had to overwrite existing artwork now its getting everything. Not sure why I had to do that?

So if the program see's any extrafanart or extrathumb folder, does it typically just skip it when scanning? It does not look into the folder itself to see whether logos or clearart are missing that are available on fanart.tv?

So if a movie did not have disc art when artwork downloader originally ran, and disc art for that movie gets uploaded later to fanart.tv, it wont notice during the scan that disc art was missing for that movie, and its now available to download?

Edit-well the new movie I was looking at was dredd (2012) i watched as artwork downloader said it was downloading logos and clearart for that exact movie, yet none are showing up in the folder?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - rdonohoe - 2013-01-12

I wonder if there is a feature that will allow the script to ignore certain art on future updates. There are a number of arts which I don't like and have deleted them, however when I run a new update they are redownloaded.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-13

Still not sure why its not getting clearart, logos, ect... for movies, it seems to be getting everything no problem for tv shows but not movies.

It says its downloading logos, clearart for the movies but none showing up in the folder for movies, tv shows are fine.

All i can see in the log when artwork downloader is running this, no idea what it means. I am guessing its completely unrelated to artwork downloader.

3:33:49 T:5064 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn
03:33:53 T:5676 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
03:33:53 T:776 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - leepenny - 2013-01-13

Im almost ready to upgrade to frodo but have all custom logos,discs,extrathumbs and fanarts saved in the relevant movie folders. I have seen people with issues concerning locally saved images. could you please dispel my fear of losing or overwriting my custom stuff and clarify that my local images will be cached by xbmc before I upgrade Many thanks

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Whizz - 2013-01-13

I added some new artwork to fanart.tv (tv thumbs), but when I try to download it through Artwork Downloader, it doesn't show up. In fact, the whole category does not get added. I tried it on a new XBMC library and it was detected instantly. How can I find out why it does not detect new content?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - saitoh183 - 2013-01-13

(2013-01-13, 14:34)leepenny Wrote: Im almost ready to upgrade to frodo but have all custom logos,discs,extrathumbs and fanarts saved in the relevant movie folders. I have seen people with issues concerning locally saved images. could you please dispel my fear of losing or overwriting my custom stuff and clarify that my local images will be cached by xbmc before I upgrade Many thanks

Local Artwork works fine for me

Enable Use local Files
Configure what you want AD to retrieve(i.e. Poster,logo...)
disable all the other stuff you dont want
Make sure all your art are in media area (...movies\movie_name\artwork.jpg (or TBN if coming from eden))
Run AD

I should scan all your folder and only download what is missing based on what you asked it to look for

My only issue right now is that i keep getting "Error Downloading" when i try to go get Artwork by hitting Info on a show and selecting Artwork . Also if you go into a show at season Level and press info and select Artwork, it doesnt work at all. I dont know what the problem is and havent seen Martijn comment on any issues as of late...

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - rolapinou - 2013-01-13

Hi,
First I want to thank Martijn for the awsome work.

A stupid question : when I use the script tho download stuff and want to save the corresponding files in each movie folder (through settings/video/export video database/separeted files), everything is saved as should be BUT the disc.png files ?
Is it a known issue ?

Where are those files saved ?
Thanks !

PS : running Frodo RC3 and using Aeon Nox on a Win7 laptop

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-01-14

I've tried searching around without much luck, but I can't seem to get Artwork Downloader to grab season posters (or banners/thumbs). Has anyone else run into this? I'm running 12.0.12 on Frodo RC3/

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - clubwerks - 2013-01-14

Did you go into the settings and check off those items to download? I think it comes default off.