Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - wonslung - 2013-02-01

(2013-02-01, 22:22)Tarom Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 19:11)wonslung Wrote: I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but this plugin won't download any clearart or logos for any of my tv shows. I've tried everything i can think of including turning everything else off. Is there a trick to making it download clearart and logos?

edit:

It shows every tv show under "failed items:" I have hundreds of tv episodes....the shows are setup like this:

TV Shows
|
|--------TV Show
.......... |--------Season01
.......... |--------Season02

edit 2

It seems to work for all the "extrafanart" but not for clearart and logos....weird right?

My situation is exactly opposite I have all the clearart, logos, even landscape, but no fan art, posters or extrafan art

hrm....I wonder what's going on....does yours show all the shows under "failed items"

i also have the same issue when i try to do each show one by one via the skin settings.......no clearart or logos

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - pcjco - 2013-02-02

I have problems with some artworks not being downloaded because they are excluded with the language filter.
Some artworks have no language but the addons\script.artwork.downloader\resources\lib\apply_filters.py returns :
Code:
artwork['language'] = None

Replacing in this python file
Code:
not artwork['language'] in [language, 'n/a']:
by
Code:
not artwork['language'] in [language, 'n/a', None]:

may be a quick workaround.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Tarom - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-01, 23:48)wonslung Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 22:22)Tarom Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 19:11)wonslung Wrote: I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but this plugin won't download any clearart or logos for any of my tv shows. I've tried everything i can think of including turning everything else off. Is there a trick to making it download clearart and logos?

edit:

It shows every tv show under "failed items:" I have hundreds of tv episodes....the shows are setup like this:

TV Shows
|
|--------TV Show
.......... |--------Season01
.......... |--------Season02

edit 2

It seems to work for all the "extrafanart" but not for clearart and logos....weird right?

My situation is exactly opposite I have all the clearart, logos, even landscape, but no fan art, posters or extrafan art

hrm....I wonder what's going on....does yours show all the shows under "failed items"

i also have the same issue when i try to do each show one by one via the skin settings.......no clearart or logos

No my shows get recognized and I dl some weird thumbs with dimensions of 1x1 and weight of 1 kb. I am starting to think that this is due to the fact that Frodo is RC 3 and not yet final. So far the only people to whom Art Downloader worked fine and those that have had previous libraries with images. I hope they get it fixed
I am starting to think that this

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - tesona1977 - 2013-02-02

i've got a similar problem...some artworks not being downloaded because i set different language option exp. language setting "german" available artwork "english"

can you please implement an fallback mechanism to download all artwork no matter what language IF you prefered language is not available.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Nitroburner77 - 2013-02-02

Forcing local files, is it possible to have the downloader not use tbn's?
I rescraped all of my art in jpg and png's, only to wake up after the artwork downloader was done and now I have a crap load of tbn's.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Vaikin - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 03:52)tesona1977 Wrote: i've got a similar problem...some artworks not being downloaded because i set different language option exp. language setting "german" available artwork "english"

can you please implement an fallback mechanism to download all artwork no matter what language IF you prefered language is not available.
English was, and I presume still is, the fallback for all languages.

(2013-02-02, 04:14)Nitroburner77 Wrote: Forcing local files, is it possible to have the downloader not use tbn's?
I rescraped all of my art in jpg and png's, only to wake up after the artwork downloader was done and now I have a crap load of tbn's.
AD doesn't download tbns...just jpgs and pngs.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - doubles1283 - 2013-02-03

Not sure if this was answered already but I'm having problems with the artwork downloader. I just upgraded to the stable release of Frodo and I am no longer capable of downloading for a single show. Say i wanted to get the clearart for Workaholics i used to go to the tv information page and select get artwork and from there id choose clearart and it would list the options for workaholics. Now when i try to do that, the gui pops up for the first show that is in my database and asks which art i want to download, instead of it being for workaholics. Any ideas what to change in settings?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - mcborzu - 2013-02-04

My solution to "artwork not showing"

If you use .nfo's check your .nfo's and make sure <id> tag is so:

<id>72227</id>

not

<id>tt0369179</id>
<tvdbid>72227</tvdbid>

As an older XBMC user and user who used local files/.nfo's 30 of my shows I've had for a long time and used media companion to manage them, none of the artwork showed. 3 months ago I joined the sickbeard/SABnzbd train, and those 5 shows I added via Sickbeard there artwork showed. I check the .nfos and discovered the <id> tags were different. Changed the <id> tags, refreshed the TV show, then rescanned with AD and everything worked...

**Might not be others problems, but fixed it for me**

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Tomkun - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 00:52)mcborzu Wrote: My solution to "artwork not showing"

<id>72227</id>

not

<id>tt0369179</id>
<tvdbid>72227</tvdbid>

As an older XBMC user and user who used local files/.nfo's 30 of my shows I've had for a long time and used media companion to manage them, none of the artwork showed. 3 months ago I joined the sickbeard/SABnzbd train, and those 5 shows I added via Sickbeard there artwork showed. I check the .nfos and discovered the <id> tags were different. Changed the <id> tags, refreshed the TV show, then rescanned with AD and everything worked...

+1 Confirm,

I use TVRename for my TV Shows and it also doesn't use the <id> tag and therefore won't show artwork.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - XBL. - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 00:52)mcborzu Wrote: My solution to "artwork not showing"

<id>72227</id>

not

<id>tt0369179</id>
<tvdbid>72227</tvdbid>

Also fixed some issues for me a while back. I can also recommend to rename the .nfo if you're having problems with XBMC/AD/etc picking up your show (fixed one show not being added to the database for me).

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - shaktoo - 2013-02-04

McBorzu welcome back

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - mcborzu - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 20:16)shaktoo Wrote: McBorzu welcome back

I'm trying...

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Deano316 - 2013-02-05

Okay so if the show id is not on tvdb/IMDB, lets say for a custom show you've created, how do you get around that? Could you enter a random show id?

I ask because I have a few custom shows, UFC etc that aren't allowed on the tvdb and that leaves me a little short with regards to artwork.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - shaktoo - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 01:18)Deano316 Wrote: Okay so if the show id is not on tvdb/IMDB, lets say for a custom show you've created, how do you get around that? Could you enter a random show id?

I ask because I have a few custom shows, UFC etc that aren't allowed on the tvdb and that leaves me a little short with regards to artwork.
Deano I ve tried that but no it dosent work. I have quite a lot of custom videos etc that arent on tvdb/imdb etc . i have made custom logo's clearart etc which are still being picked up in Nox 2/3 but nox 4.0 with new AD under frodo is just not able to . its because now instead of local files there is a .db only those shows etc which are matched on an internet database are then accepted as shows and their local files are picked up.
I wish and am hoping that Martijn will look at somehow bypassing that or incorporating totally custom logo/ clear support as well. Or if you or anyone with coding skills could look into this and make a workaround.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Deano316 - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 14:27)shaktoo Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 01:18)Deano316 Wrote: Okay so if the show id is not on tvdb/IMDB, lets say for a custom show you've created, how do you get around that? Could you enter a random show id?

Deano I ve tried that but no it dosent work. I have quite a lot of custom videos etc that arent on tvdb/imdb etc . i have made custom logo's clearart etc which are still being picked up in Nox 2/3 but nox 4.0 with new AD under frodo is just not able to . its because now instead of local files there is a .db only those shows etc which are matched on an internet database are then accepted as shows and their local files are picked up.
I wish and am hoping that Martijn will look at somehow bypassing that or incorporating totally custom logo/ clear support as well. Or if you or anyone with coding skills could look into this and make a workaround.

I'm no coder, but maybe a rule where if there is no show id then it would default to local logo. Safe to say it's not that simple though Confused Maybe there might be a code free option, I have an idea..... I'll give it a try and report back with my findings.