Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-05-29

This it and there's no other way so you will just have to deal with it.
I don't believe at all it will take that long every time because at some point all images are added so there's no database activity.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - formula - 2013-05-30

(2013-05-29, 22:01)Martijn Wrote: This it and there's no other way so you will just have to deal with it.
I don't believe at all it will take that long every time because at some point all images are added so there's no database activity.

each movie folder i have has all images - poster - fanart - and disc.png's and each time i have to run the artwork downloader to get the disc image to show every time ive removed my movie data base and then re scrapped it and when added back the fanart is there the posters are there , but disc art needs the artwork downloader to recognise each movie has a disc.png and it takes forever , so even if you still have all artwork present it still takes its time and at least half a day is not far fetched .. a simple scrapper would be ideal just to recognise disc art for xbmc movie library ..

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-05-30

Why do you you remove your database? Something wrong with you?
Just leave it alone if it works. What do you expect if you destroy it every time. It magically reappears?

If you know it better you do it.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - formula - 2013-05-30

(2013-05-30, 00:31)Martijn Wrote: Why do you you remove your database? Something wrong with you?
Just leave it alone if it works. What do you expect if you destroy it every time. It magically reappears?

If you know it better you do it.

Calm down fella , im just asking for help not name calling .. i removed my data base so i could re-scrapp each movie with media manager program so i can make sure each fanart or poster is correct one for each movie or the plot line or tag line etc.. etc and the inbuilt scrappers in xbmc group movie in sets that i dont want in set , so id like to make my own movie sets , so now my library is in perfect shape .. each movie shows what i want it to show and no missing items .. this is the reason i removed the database and then re-added it .. is that ok with you , i think the artwork downloader is useful but takes a life time just to make xbmc recognise there is artwork associated with the movie .. so no need for the re action of your sir !

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - blinken - 2013-06-03

Question here!

I just used this program to download logo and clear art etc, however, now all my actor thumbnails are gone! I can reload each movie individually and the thumbnails will download, but then the clearart and logo stuff disappear and I have to run artwork downloader again. Is there a way to download all my actor thumbnails again without having to do one by one manually (which is out of the question!)

Thanks a lot.

Edit: I see this program downloaded everything to each individual movie folder. Is it possible to delete them all without having to into each folder manually? Now updating my library takes much much longer since there are way more files for it to sift through. If there is no master delete I'm seriously regretting trying this program, as it potentially broke my actor thumbnails and added all these images to individual folders increasing update times...

So is it possible to refresh all the actor thumbnails at once? And is it possible to remove all the images downloaded by AD in one action?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - blondeshanks - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 00:52)blinken Wrote: Question here!

I just used this program to download logo and clear art etc, however, now all my actor thumbnails are gone! I can reload each movie individually and the thumbnails will download, but then the clearart and logo stuff disappear and I have to run artwork downloader again. Is there a way to download all my actor thumbnails again without having to do one by one manually (which is out of the question!)

Thanks a lot.

Edit: I see this program downloaded everything to each individual movie folder. Is it possible to delete them all without having to into each folder manually? Now updating my library takes much much longer since there are way more files for it to sift through. If there is no master delete I'm seriously regretting trying this program, as it potentially broke my actor thumbnails and added all these images to individual folders increasing update times...

So is it possible to refresh all the actor thumbnails at once? And is it possible to remove all the images downloaded by AD in one action?

A far as I'm aware, AD only downloads to your individual folders if you chose to export items using the feature under XBMC? If you did export to individual folders, and your using Windows then just browse to your main 'movies' folder and use Explorer to search for keywords that AD saves the files as. i.e. 'discart' 'logo' 'banner' and delete by selecting all (ctrl-A) delete. Make sure no needed files are filtered with the search though!

As for actor images, never had this problem so can't help you there. Although I'm sure a debug log from AD or even XBMC may be helpful, as well as what OS, XBMC version and skin you use.

Hope this helps

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-06-03

if the actor images disappeared it's your own fault as the addon DOES NOT delete anything

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 11:42)blondeshanks Wrote: A far as I'm aware, AD only downloads to your individual folders if you chose to export items using the feature under XBMC?

AD will download and write files to the file system if you enable "Use local files" - it's a bit of a counter-intuitive setting, as in addition to reading files in if they're there (the expected action of the setting) it will also write files out if they're not already there (not the expected action of the setting).

Re: RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - blondeshanks - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 12:49)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 11:42)blondeshanks Wrote: A far as I'm aware, AD only downloads to your individual folders if you chose to export items using the feature under XBMC?

AD will download and write files to the file system if you enable "Use local files" - it's a bit of a counter-intuitive setting, as in addition to reading files in if they're there (the expected action of the setting) it will also write files out if they're not already there (not the expected action of the setting).

I wasn't aware it did this automatically. Thanks for the clarification

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - blinken - 2013-06-03

Does that mean using AD with Local files selected will cause the program to look for local actor files instead of downloading them? I mean all my actor thumbs were working before I started using AD and now most of them don't. If I refresh my library with that setting turned off do you think it will reverse the problem?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 15:17)blinken Wrote:

Does that mean using AD with Local files selected will cause the program to look for local actor files instead of downloading them? I mean all my actor thumbs were working before I started using AD and now most of them don't. If I refresh my library with that setting turned off do you think it will reverse the problem?

this script does not care at all about actor images so blame something else

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 15:17)blinken Wrote: Does that mean using AD with Local files selected will cause the program to look for local actor files instead of downloading them? I mean all my actor thumbs were working before I started using AD and now most of them don't. If I refresh my library with that setting turned off do you think it will reverse the problem?

When you talk about actors, do you mean "characterart", as this is the only actor-related artwork supported by AD. Regular actor (cast) artwork is already supported by the standard scraper.

I really don't know what happened to your actors artwork but I doubt it was due to AD.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - st graveyard - 2013-06-03

Hello Martijn,

I recently had a computer crash so I re-installed XBMC and started from scratch on my dedicated HTPC. After 6 months of FRODO, the new way of working with the logo's, discart and clearart still confuses me. Let me try and explain what happened.

I'm a big fan of local content. I have all my artwork locally stored on HD's. Since FRODO, logo's, clearart ... are not added anymore while you import your movies. This is normal behavior, so it seems. Now, I have about 600 movies spread on 2 HD's. I use a USB docking station to connect the HD's to the PC. So I import HD nr1. Then I import HD nr 2. My DB is nicely filled with the movies (no logo's or clearart).

I have the 'use local artwork' option active in artwork downloader. In the movie section of artwork downloader I have only the 'logo', 'discart' and 'clearart' switched on. Now, when I disconnect my HD, and I launch artwork downloader, nothing gets downloaded. I guess this is normal, since I have the 'use local artwork' switched on? But now the problems start. When I switch on HD1 and launch artwork downloader, the clearart, logo's and discart is downloaded (painstakingly slow) and placed in my DB. It really should not be downloading them from the net, because I have them locally, but that is not the biggest problem. What really boggles my mind is the fact that, since I can only connect 1 HD at a time, all the artwork from the movies of HD2 is now downloaded again and placed in folders on HD1. That really sucks, since now I have to clean it all up.

Than I was thinking. How do I solve this? I have a laptop which I use for testing. So I came up with the idea of always removing my complete movie DB, do an import of 1 HD and get all the artwork (to download the ones I'm missing from time to time) and do the same job with HD2 (after removing the DB again ofcourse). So that seems a good way to keep my logo's, clearart and discart up to date locally.

So now I was thinking, how can I avoid the problem I had on my HTPC. Should I import HD1, then HD2 and then launch artwork downloader without the 'use local artwork' feature? Does that mean it will not save the artwork to the HD's (and thus not screw it up in my situation)? But if I do that, ok, that is a solution, but does that mean you can not work with local content anymore if you are using the setup I have?

It is very confusing to me.

Thank you for reading ...

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - tesona1977 - 2013-06-03

(2013-05-16, 18:59)[Tahini] Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 11:10)tzortst Wrote: Now when I select GUI it does GUI for all the items, ie it beings up menu for the first tv show, then once i close it it brings up GUI for the next tv show. Only way to get out of it is to close xbmc, as it keeps going to next show in list once you close the downloader

Ok so it looks like I'm not the only one having this issue Sad

same here.

you run in a big loop where artwork downloader ask for "gui download" of all artwork available....for all movies. the only way out is to run through all 200-1000 movies by hitting esc 200-1000 times...or you escape this loop by sigkilling xbmc

nasty bug that happens from time to time

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - blinken - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-03, 15:23)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 15:17)blinken Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 12:49)MilhouseVH Wrote: AD will download and write files to the file system if you enable "Use local files" - it's a bit of a counter-intuitive setting, as in addition to reading files in if they're there (the expected action of the setting) it will also write files out if they're not already there (not the expected action of the setting).

this script does not care at all about actor images so blame something else

It definitely did something to my actor thumbnails, but no problem, I fixed it. I had to remove artwork downloader and install it again after I rebuilt my database to get the actor thumbnails.

Just in case it is helpful somehow in the future: I had all my actor images working fine, then I installed AD, then all my actor images were gone. Strange. Also the actor images wouldn't scrape until after I uninstalled AD.