Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - dsimages - 2013-06-04

Hey guys, im having an issue with AD not downloading tv show banners automatically. I can manually drill down through each tv show and get them but this is cumbersome. I have all artwork ticked in the addon settings and have ran the addon through the programs section. My movies and tv shows are located on a server machine if that makes a difference.

Re: RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-04, 02:19)blinken Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 15:23)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 15:17)blinken Wrote: Does that mean using AD with Local files selected will cause the program to look for local actor files instead of downloading them? I mean all my actor thumbs were working before I started using AD and now most of them don't. If I refresh my library with that setting turned off do you think it will reverse the problem?

this script does not care at all about actor images so blame something else

It definitely did something to my actor thumbnails, but no problem, I fixed it. I had to remove artwork downloader and install it again after I rebuilt my database to get the actor thumbnails.

Just in case it is helpful somehow in the future: I had all my actor images working fine, then I installed AD, then all my actor images were gone. Strange. Also the actor images wouldn't scrape until after I uninstalled AD.

You are still wrong and i dont believe a single word. Dont blame this add-on for things it CAN NOT do!

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - AnthonyJS02 - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-04, 04:40)dsimages Wrote: Hey guys, im having an issue with AD not downloading tv show banners automatically. I can manually drill down through each tv show and get them but this is cumbersome. I have all artwork ticked in the addon settings and have ran the addon through the programs section. My movies and tv shows are located on a server machine if that makes a difference.

I've noticed if you run AD twice back to back it will do the TV shows the second time. Maybe just me but that's when I catch it reading through TV shows at the top.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-06

Quick question, I noticed occasionally while browsing fanart.tv artwork downloader would not scrape some disc art, i took a closer look at the artwork, for example the bank job.

http://fanart.tv/movie/8848/the-bank-job/

Ad wont scrape any disc art for the bank job, my file is a bluray rip in mkv format, im also an english speaker. I noticed 2 discs in dvd format, and the bluray however which appears to possibly be a german bluray disc.

Does artwork downloader somehow factor in whether its dvd or blu ray for disc art, and also the language of the artwork? Would this explain why it wont scrape that disc art?

Or is something else wrong that its not scrapping the bluray disc art?

Just want to make sure I understand.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-06-06

Reading the wiki might help sometimes................................................

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Artwork_Downloader#Discart

I see the disc type and language from xbmc perspective, but how does it know the disc art on fanart.tv is german? I had to look very closely, i dont see anything from a user perspective that would indicate its a german disc in the file name or description on fanart.tv?

Other then downloading the disc myself and viewing the png, and noticing the small print.

"Bank Job" is even in english on the disc.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-06-06

because it's marked German on fanart.tv

Ok makes sense now, I created an account and plan to upload some images and see before you upload it asks you what language.

Sometimes I see newer members mention ad does not get some disc art, I think we simply did not notice its a disc for another language, even though the disc itself has English writing on it.

Good to know though.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - tential - 2013-06-08

So is this how XBMC downloads it's fanart or does something else do it by default?

I just set this up but how do I ensure that all of my movies are using 1080p fan art?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - crizza0309 - 2013-06-08

so all my movies are in there on separate folder and it says its downloads the clear logo and the logo but theyre not inside the artwork folders therefore i cant run the "show logo" view for movies and tv shows any ideas? using mq3 theme.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - cw-kid - 2013-06-08

(2013-06-08, 05:44)tential Wrote: So is this how XBMC downloads it's fanart or does something else do it by default?

I just set this up but how do I ensure that all of my movies are using 1080p fan art?

The only way I could get AD to download fanart images to my file server was to enable the Use Local Files setting first and then enable the Overwrite all existing artwork option in the AD settings.
If I don't enable this Overwrite existing artwork option each time I run AD then no Posters or Fanart gets downloaded. It does download the other images like logo and clearart OK however without needing to turn on Overwrite existing artwork.

Not sure why this happens?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2013-06-08

(2013-06-08, 05:44)tential Wrote: So is this how XBMC downloads it's fanart or does something else do it by default?

It depends.

If you run AD with "Use Local Files", then AD will download the artwork and write it to the filesystem, then associate the local artwork with your movies.

If you run AD without "Use Local Files" it will not download artwork or write anything to your filesystem, but will associate your movies with remote internet-based artwork.

As far as I can tell in both cases (but certainly the second) this artwork will not be stored in your clients texture cache, so you can either manually cache it by viewing the associated items in the XBMC GUI (a slow and painful process on low powered devices), or pre-load them automatically.

(2013-06-08, 05:44)tential Wrote: I just set this up but how do I ensure that all of my movies are using 1080p fan art?

Did you try setting the minimum fanart size for movies to 1080 in the AD settings?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - tential - 2013-06-08

(2013-06-08, 15:18)MilhouseVH Wrote:

It depends.

If you run AD with "Use Local Files", then AD will download the artwork and write it to the filesystem, then associate the local artwork with your movies.

If you run AD without "Use Local Files" it will not download artwork or write anything to your filesystem, but will associate your movies with remote internet-based artwork.

As far as I can tell in both cases (but certainly the second) this artwork will not be stored in your clients texture cache, so you can either manually cache it by viewing the associated items in the XBMC GUI (a slow and painful process on low powered devices), or pre-load them automatically.

(2013-06-08, 05:44)tential Wrote: I just set this up but how do I ensure that all of my movies are using 1080p fan art?

Did you try setting the minimum fanart size for movies to 1080 in the AD settings?

I did use that setting actually but since I already have previous artwork set I don't know what to do. It's not as much of a concern anymore because some of the 720p artwork is nicer on the eyes.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - crizza0309 - 2013-06-10

(2013-06-08, 06:39)crizza0309 Wrote: so all my movies are in there on separate folder and it says its downloads the clear logo and the logo but theyre not inside the artwork folders therefore i cant run the "show logo" view for movies and tv shows any ideas? using mq3 theme.

anyone? also I added a few movies today and it actually downloaded the logo, clearart, banners, and discs. i wonder why. usually it says its downloading all of those files but they never show up in my movie/tv show folder.

edit: checked the logo after artowork downloader downloads and all my movies fail for disc, clear, art, logo, and character art

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2013-06-10

(2013-06-10, 06:23)crizza0309 Wrote:
(2013-06-08, 06:39)crizza0309 Wrote: so all my movies are in there on separate folder and it says its downloads the clear logo and the logo but theyre not inside the artwork folders therefore i cant run the "show logo" view for movies and tv shows any ideas? using mq3 theme.

anyone? also I added a few movies today and it actually downloaded the logo, clearart, banners, and discs. i wonder why. usually it says its downloading all of those files but they never show up in my movie/tv show folder.

edit: checked the logo after artowork downloader downloads and all my movies fail for disc, clear, art, logo, and character art

Add-ons -> Program Add-ons -> Artwork Downloader -> Advanced -> Use Local Files