Kodi Community Forum
Release script favourites - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release script favourites (/showthread.php?tid=114671)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: script favourites - new features - fastcolors - 2014-05-16

would there be any way for playlists to retrieve their path without the extra <onclick> stuff?

i.e. CustomFavourite1.FooPath

this way if I add a custom icon for a playlist on shelf I could easily populate a shelf list with the content of said playlist using the new capability of gotham

<content target="video">$INFO[CustomFavourite1.FooPath]</content>

hope i made sense...

edit: of course I wish to have the end user of the skin placing the playlist on home screen, otherwise I know I'd be able to hardcode everything.

RE: script favourites - new features - butchabay - 2014-05-16

Next question Smile

Now i have the problem that dialog select opens behind my custom dialog for my settings, i need to force with dialog close(foo) first and that's quite annoing because i need to return to my
custom dialog after a favourite item is selected.

Any suggestions how i could solve this problem ?

Thanx

RE: script favourites - new features - nessus - 2014-05-16

If visible condition Window.IsActive(selectdialog) is not working use Window.IsActive(DialogSelect.xml). Also check the zorder of your DialogSelect.xml. I have mine in 2 and is working fine.

Cheers
Nessus

RE: script favourites - new features - BigNoid - 2014-05-16

Give select dialog a higher zorder then your custom dialog?

RE: script favourites - new features - butchabay - 2014-05-17

Thanx,
sorry but what it means giving a higher zorder ?

RE: script favourites - new features - BigNoid - 2014-05-17

It's a window tag that defines which dialog should be rendered on top, based on the number of the tag. Better explanation can be found here.

RE: script favourites - new features - butchabay - 2014-05-17

Thank you very much for taking your time mate.
I should spend more time reading the wiki ...

Cheers

RE: script favourites - new features - fastcolors - 2014-05-17

I actually added the code myself, I'm not sure who's maintaining this.. but if you could take a look and maybe pull the changes into main...

https://github.com/fastcolors/script.favourites

if favorite is a playlist, now

Code:
CustomFavourite.1.List

returns the absolute path to the playlist that can be used to fill lists.

updated so that anything that opens in music/video library now fills the property

RE: script favourites - new features - DjCisco - 2014-05-30

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to get this script to work, but when I call the dialogselect window opens up , but the list does not populate, and the Header label displays "picture information"

This is the control I se to call the script.

PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="112">
    <
description>Test favourite</description>
        <
width>810</width>
         <
align>left</align>
        <
label>Test favourite</label>
        <
label2></label2>
        <
focusedcolor>Accent</focusedcolor>
    <
font>List_Settings</font>
       <
onclick>RunScript(script.favourites,property=CustomFavourite.1)</onclick>
</
control

This is part of the log file, From the log File I read that there is an error whily trying to focus control 3, but from the previous post I read the the list the displays the content is list 6 and not list 3, so thats weird. Also from the logo I read that window 13000 is asked to to do the focusing for the above mentioned control. The wiki however does not state any window with id 13000 and states the dialogselect has id 12999, so thats also weird.

Any help is welcomed

Code:
9:51:16 T:6108  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:51:16 T:6108  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:51:34 T:3356  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:51:34 T:3356  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:51:34 T:7740   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
19:51:34 T:3356   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'xbmcgui.ControlFadeLabel' object has no attribute 'setLabel'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\ALTRAN_TK1\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.favourites\default.py", line 94, in onInit
                                                self.getControl(1).setLabel(xbmc.getLocalizedString(1036))
                                            AttributeError: 'xbmcgui.ControlFadeLabel' object has no attribute 'setLabel'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:51:36 T:7740   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
19:51:41 T:5504  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:51:41 T:5504  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:51:41 T:7740   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
19:51:41 T:5504   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\ALTRAN_TK1\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.favourites\default.py", line 94, in onInit
19:51:43 T:7740   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
19:53:54 T:7392   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
19:53:54 T:7392  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:53:54 T:7392  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:53:54 T:7740   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
19:53:54 T:7392   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
19:53:55 T:7740   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

RE: script favourites - new features - fastcolors - 2014-06-01

(2014-05-30, 20:06)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Everybody,

I am trying to get this script to work, but when I call the dialogselect window opens up , but the list does not populate, and the Header label displays "picture information"

This is part of the log file, From the log File I read that there is an error whily trying to focus control 3, but from the previous post I read the the list the displays the content is list 6 and not list 3, so thats weird. Also from the logo I read that window 13000 is asked to to do the focusing for the above mentioned control. The wiki however does not state any window with id 13000 and states the dialogselect has id 12999, so thats also weird.

I wouldn't focus too much on the wrong window calling. I tried on my system, and although everything works fine I still get the control 3 window 13001 error. Nonetheless the script works.

maybe post some specs of your system.. xvmc version, add-on version etc...

Hope you succeed.
cheers.

RE: script favourites - new features - DjCisco - 2014-06-26

(2014-06-01, 14:27)fastcolors Wrote:
(2014-05-30, 20:06)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Everybody,

I wouldn't focus too much on the wrong window calling. I tried on my system, and although everything works fine I still get the control 3 window 13001 error. Nonetheless the script works.

maybe post some specs of your system.. xvmc version, add-on version etc...

Hope you succeed.
cheers.

Hi

I am on xbmc gotham, and I installed the latest version of the script 5.0.2, when the script is used by other skin it works, but I dont see anything different from my skin and the other ones with regard to the call of the script. <onclick>RunScript(script.favourites,property=MyFavourite1)</onclick>, any hints?

RE: script favourites - new features - removed151214 - 2014-06-26

Assuming you're still having the same error, change the fadelabel control in your DialogSelect.xml file with id 1 to a regular label.

RE: script favourites - new features - DjCisco - 2014-06-26

(2014-06-26, 23:17)Unfledged Wrote: Assuming you're still having the same error, change the fadelabel control in your DialogSelect.xml file with id 1 to a regular label.

thank you very much, That indeed solved the problem.

RE: script favourites - new features - onlinespending - 2014-08-31

How does one install scripts.favourites if they're using a WIP skin that doesn't auto install it? I figured it'd be as simple as searching for the add-on within XBMC, but alas it isn't found. I suppose I could install an official skin that uses that add-on so it's installed, but there must be a very simple way to do this that I'm missing, otherwise add-on management still seems a bit clunky and cumbersome even in Gotham 13.2.

I ended up just downloading the zip and installing it that way. Certainly not very user-friendly, but it works.

RE: script favourites - new features - Hitcher - 2014-08-31

Not user friendly but if you're using WIP stuff you should expect to to a little work yourself. Wink