Kodi Community Forum
Release script favourites - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release script favourites (/showthread.php?tid=114671)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: script favourites - new features - Mudislander - 2012-12-22

Nothing serious, ATM have first 5 favourites in a submenu, so would help to have something to pin a visible condition onto. If it's an issue just as easy not to have the submenu .

RE: script favourites - new features - ronie - 2012-12-22

ah, ok.

i've added a favourite.count property.
you should be able to use that as a visible condition:

!StringCompare(Window(Home).Property(favourite.count),0)
or
!IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(favourite.count),0)

script.favourites-4.0.7.zip

RE: script favourites - new features - Mudislander - 2012-12-22

Brilliant Big Grin cheers hey!

RE: script favourites - new features - Hitcher - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-22, 19:49)ronie Wrote: ah, ok.

i've added a favourite.count property.
you should be able to use that as a visible condition:

!StringCompare(Window(Home).Property(favourite.count),0)
or
!IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(favourite.count),0)

script.favourites-4.0.7.zip

Any chance you could add an item count to the Skin Widgets script as well or that all maintained by Martijn?

Thanks.

RE: script favourites - new features - ronie - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 00:13)Hitcher Wrote: Any chance you could add an item count to the Skin Widgets script as well or that all maintained by Martijn?

judging by the number of bugs in the Skin Widgets script, it's indeed maintained by Martijn.

RE: script favourites - new features - Hitcher - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 00:17)ronie Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 00:13)Hitcher Wrote: Any chance you could add an item count to the Skin Widgets script as well or that all maintained by Martijn?

judging by the number of bugs in the Skin Widgets script, it's indeed maintained by Martijn.

C&P? Wink

Re: script favourites - new features - Martijn - 2012-12-23

Yeah because that one is bug free

RE: script favourites - new features - Mudislander - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-23, 00:20)Martijn Wrote: Yeah because that one is bug free

Famous last words, especially if you've been celebrating the impending Holidays Big Grin

RE: script favourites - new features - ronie - 2013-02-18

changelog v4.0.8:

added a 'no action' item at the end of the favourites list in the gui.
this can be used to change the label of a button without assigning an action to it.

several users have been asking for this. they want a custom main menu button with no action
and have a set of favourites as submenu items.

RE: script favourites - new features - User 34959 - 2013-03-02

The script is not working with favourites with special characters in them, like umlauts (ä, ö)

Code:
22:16:52 T:4366798848   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 56: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/anssi/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.favourites/default.py", line 145, in onClick
                                                xbmc.executebuiltin( 'Skin.SetString(%s,%s)' % ( '%s.%s' % ( self.property, "Path", ), fav_path.encode('unicode-escape'), ) )
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 56: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: script favourites - new features - ronie - 2013-03-03

should be fixed in v4.0.9

i hope my changes don't break anything else, so i would appreciate a few people testing it:

script.favourites-4.0.9.zip

RE: script favourites - new features - User 34959 - 2013-03-03

works fine in my case, thanks Nod

RE: script favourites - new features - jd_11 - 2013-03-15

Hi,

I seem to be having a few issues currently am running frodo on atv2 and trying to run the si02 skin which requires the favourites plugin - i am running the latest version however it continually crashes saying script failed - also it is worth mention that in my setup i am sharing the /userdata on a network share. I have tried running a different skin QUARTZ and it also fails.

Regards
jd

RE: script favourites - new features - ronie - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-15, 08:03)jd_11 Wrote: Hi,

I seem to be having a few issues currently am running frodo on atv2 and trying to run the si02 skin which requires the favourites plugin - i am running the latest version however it continually crashes saying script failed - also it is worth mention that in my setup i am sharing the /userdata on a network share. I have tried running a different skin QUARTZ and it also fails.

Regards
jd

could you try with v4.0.9 (available for download two posts above yours)
and post a Debug Log?

RE: script favourites - new features - MarcosQui - 2013-03-15

ronie, v4.0.9 tested in Ace, everything ok.