Kodi Community Forum
[Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D (/showthread.php?tid=114890)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Wake on LAN and hibernate issues - Monkeypox - 2012-03-17

(2012-03-14, 03:50)FoulPlay Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 05:10)Monkeypox Wrote:
(2012-03-11, 06:06)FoulPlay Wrote: Hello,

I bought and built this exact setup.

The problem I am having is 2 related things. The first is I would like to use wake on LAN to power on the computer when it is completely powered off. I believe I have all he settings set in windows, on he adapter settings etc. but it does not work.

Did you enable WoL in the BIOS as well?

Where in the bios is the setting, the bios seems to have fe options?

I'm not familiar with that BIOS, but a quick check of the manual should tell you where it's at.

RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - lagledavid - 2012-03-17

just setup my surround sound an older onkyo no hdmi had to use optical cable sonds great no problems
only thing that makes it a slight con for me is that i either have to have t set to digita or hdmi whichishandled in control pannel. we dont always have the surround sound on so it would have been nice to actualy just handle switching between devices. if anyone has a solution feel free to say something

RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - Hellcat - 2012-03-17

Been off for a while as I've been swamped at work. Several weeks ago I finished assembly on HTPC with A8-3870, Asus F1A75-M Pro mobo, Corsair RAM & SSD, Seasonic 400W fanless PSU in SilverStone GD04B case (I'll post pictures soon). I've also got an Avermedia tuner card in there and with Windows 7 Media Center have been testing live TV broadcast successfully.

Before I load XBMC and set up external player, I was trying to determine how to both access a DLNA media server and playback MKV files My DLNA media server is a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo. After reading some discussion on Netgear user forum, Microsoft Answers site, and Windows 7 blog, it appears you can only stream media from or to a DLNA device using Windows Media Player as there is no way to do this using Windows Media Center. Can anyone confirm thisHuh Also, it looks like Windows 7 can not decode MKV files and therefore you can not use Windows Media Player to play/stream MKV files. Can anyone confirm thisHuh

RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - bluray - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-17, 22:15)Hellcat Wrote: Also, it looks like Windows 7 can not decode MKV files and therefore you can not use Windows Media Player to play/stream MKV files. Can anyone confirm thisHuh
7MCE should playback MKV...if you cannot get to playback MKV file, you can always setup MPC-HC as an external player and it is very easy to setup with 7MCE. Here is how-----

1. Download- MPC-HC
2. Download- Media Browser
3. Configure Media Browser as shown in my screen shots below
4. Launch 7MCE
5. Select Media Browser within 7MCE UI

RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - Hellcat - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-18, 03:59)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 22:15)Hellcat Wrote: Also, it looks like Windows 7 can not decode MKV files and therefore you can not use Windows Media Player to play/stream MKV files. Can anyone confirm thisHuh
7MCE should playback MKV...if you cannot get to playback MKV file, you can always setup MPC-HC as an external player and it is very easy to setup with 7MCE. Here is how-----

1. Download- MPC-HC
4. Launch 7MCE

Thanks bluray. I will give that I try as soon as I can figure out how to get Win 7 to recognize my NAS. Netgear requires you to install the the RAIDar Utility to detect and setup the NAS which I did many months ago. I went through this with a Netgear support guy (while support was free) to make sure everthing was configured correctly, but I can only see the NAS using the utility, so obviously something on the NAS and/or in Win 7 is not configured correctly. The NAS is a DNLA server and I need to keep it that way for other devices (blu-ray player and Integra processor) to see it and stream media. It has been suggested in my post on this that I not bother with DLNA/UPnP and just use a normal file sharing protocol like SMB/Windows Sharing. Not sure I can configure the NAS that way and if I could I would probably loose connectivity with other devices. I will need to get this figured out not only to use Win 7 MC and MP, but also XBMC.

Re: RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - lath19 - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-17, 17:47)flymods Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 04:13)lagledavid Wrote: i belive my asrock a75m has a Consumer Infrared Module Header (CIR1) does anyone know where to find a moduler and if so is it worth it. should i be looking elswere for remote controle solution. i have a harmony 300 that i would like to continue using if at all possible. thanks guys

Took some finding out but I also got an Asrock board that has the CIR port and finally got it figured out and working today! Here is the Asrock remote and received I purchased but I suspect any MCE remote would have worked if routed to the CIR port. The trick is you must route one of your external case USB ports with it's internal cables to plug half into the CIR and half into the USB pin header next to it (there is a diagram in the link to the Asrock remote and receiver above that shows) Once you do that boot the system up one time and let it recognize the device and you will then be able to power on from complete shut down state. Also if you have your HTPC in a closet like me you can use a usb extension cable to route the receiver somewhere in line of sight Smile I am running the latest Eden live RC2 so it works with Linux and Windows Smile

Hope that helps.

How is your remote range on this? I read through eskro's thread on the topic and a bunch of people mentioned the range is only good for a few feat.

Thinking of doing the intersat cir receiver but I need to read that thread again. Others use the HP IR receiver to a USB port with 5v power. There seems to be no consensus on the best option. More research I think.

(2012-03-18, 04:34)lath19 Wrote: How is your remote range on this? I read through eskro's thread on the topic and a bunch of people mentioned the range is only good for a few feat.

Thinking of doing the intersat cir receiver but I need to read that thread again. Others use the HP IR receiver to a USB port with 5v power. There seems to be no consensus on the best option. More research I think.
This Inteset IR should work...you need to wire it as below:

Inteset "Gnd" (black wire) to ASrock Cir "Gnd" pin
Inteset "LED" (Grey wire) to Asrock Cir "IRtx" pin
Inteset "NC" (White Wire) is unused fold back and isolate with electrical tape.
Inteset "Learn-In" (Yellow Wire) is unused fold back and isolate with electrical tape.
Inteset "5v-Standby" (Red wire) to Asrock "ATX+5Vsb" pin
Inteset "Vcc" (Orange/Brownish Wire) to Asrock "USB Power" pin
Inteset "CIR Input" (Green Wire) to Asrock "IRrx" pin

Re: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - flymods - 2012-03-18

Range its great, I use it from about 15 ft away and it hasn't missed a button press yet. also works with my universal remote with the same range. A little pricy compared to the inteset but this is in stock and made by Asrock.

RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - eskro - 2012-03-18

wow, u got a good one i guess.
voip ninja reported range sucks too,,,

maybe make us a video so we can see Smile

RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - VortexDK - 2012-03-18

hey all finally recieved all my parts for my build and had it running for about a week now
[CPU+iGPU] AMD A8-3850 APU Quad-Core Processor $154.26
[MOBO] ASRock A75M FM1 CIR USB3.0 SATAIII UEFI μATX $87.67
[CASE] Lian-li PC-C36 $80.02 including the PSU -I already own this
[PSU] Be-quiet 300W TFX PSU
[RAM] Kingston HyperX Genesis Special Edition Grey 1600 MHz PC3-12800 CL9 $37.88
[CPU Cooler] Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 $56.91

So thought I would install the speedfan plugin for xbmc, so installed speed and got a look at my temperatures and everything seems fine 35 - 48C exept for one called AUX which shows 128C
does anyone know if this is just another one of speedfans misreadings or should I be worried
everythig else work very fine.

RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - Hellcat - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-18, 04:23)Hellcat Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 03:59)bluray Wrote:

1. Download- MPC-HC
4. Launch 7MCE

Thanks bluray. I will give that I try as soon as I can figure out how to get Win 7 to recognize my NAS. Netgear requires you to install the the RAIDar Utility to detect and setup the NAS which I did many months ago. I went through this with a Netgear support guy (while support was free) to make sure everthing was configured correctly, but I can only see the NAS using the utility, so obviously something on the NAS and/or in Win 7 is not configured correctly. The NAS is a DNLA server and I need to keep it that way for other devices (blu-ray player and Integra processor) to see it and stream media. It has been suggested in my post on this that I not bother with DLNA/UPnP and just use a normal file sharing protocol like SMB/Windows Sharing. Not sure I can configure the NAS that way and if I could I would probably loose connectivity with other devices. I will need to get this figured out not only to use Win 7 MC and MP, but also XBMC.

bluray,

I figured out what I forgot to do. I had not mapped a drive letter to the share on my NAS where my MKV files are stored. I still had to use the Utility to see the NAS and map a drive letter, but now of course WMC can see the folders where I have my MKV files on the NAS. But I can't play the MKV files confirming what has been reported on the forums. So not sure how you got WMC to decode MKV files w/o some work around. Did you load Win 7 and WMC worked right away decoding MKV files?

Using your solution with MPC-HC as an external player, once installed and configured, how do you select the Media Browser within the WMC (what you call 7MCE) UI?

Re: RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - flymods - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-18, 13:18)eskro Wrote: wow, u got a good one i guess.
voip ninja reported range sucks too,,,

maybe make us a video so we can see Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B20abaC1RP0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Range its much better with my universal remote but the Asrock is fine for my use.

(2012-03-18, 19:55)Hellcat Wrote: But I can't play the MKV files confirming what has been reported on the forums. So not sure how you got WMC to decode MKV files w/o some work around. Did you load Win 7 and WMC worked right away decoding MKV files?
I didn't do anything special. I simply installed Windows 7 and launched 7MCE....

(2012-03-18, 19:55)Hellcat Wrote: Using your solution with MPC-HC as an external player, once installed and configured, how do you select the Media Browser within the WMC (what you call 7MCE) UI?
See my screen shot below.....

RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - eskro - 2012-03-18

yepp dont worry

RE: [Micro-ATX] A8-3850 (4x2.9Ghz) + HD6550D - lath19 - 2012-03-19

(2012-03-13, 22:57)eskro Wrote: http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Strider-Active-Supply-ST40F-ES/dp/B0034XRDUK

Thanks, that works for me.

(2012-03-18, 06:50)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 04:34)lath19 Wrote: How is your remote range on this? I read through eskro's thread on the topic and a bunch of people mentioned the range is only good for a few feat.

This Inteset IR should work...you need to wire it as below:

Inteset "Gnd" (black wire) to ASrock Cir "Gnd" pin
Inteset "LED" (Grey wire) to Asrock Cir "IRtx" pin
Inteset "NC" (White Wire) is unused fold back and isolate with electrical tape.
Inteset "Learn-In" (Yellow Wire) is unused fold back and isolate with electrical tape.
Inteset "5v-Standby" (Red wire) to Asrock "ATX+5Vsb" pin
Inteset "Vcc" (Orange/Brownish Wire) to Asrock "USB Power" pin
Inteset "CIR Input" (Green Wire) to Asrock "IRrx" pin

Perfect, I'll give it a try. Thank you for your help.