Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Artwork Downloader - Skin support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Artwork Downloader - Skin support (/showthread.php?tid=115682)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

- Martijn - 2012-02-04

Rumik Wrote:I've got the notification turned off, but it still pops up. any ideas?

Yes. When turned off it only shows the dialog for 2 seconds and disappears. When turned on you get the dialog where you can choose to display the report or not.

- Rumik - 2012-02-04

O...Kay... Shouldn't the OFF option turn the notification off completely? I can't be the only person that doesn't like movies being interrupted by notifications.

- Martijn - 2012-02-04

Rumik Wrote:O...Kay... Shouldn't the OFF option turn the notification off completely? I can't be the only person that doesn't like movies being interrupted by notifications.

Nope. Not gonna change that. It was decided to do it this way.
It is to make users aware that it has finished and that all those images come from somewhere and they put a lot of effort in it.

If you don't like it you can run it when you aren't watching a movie.

- Rumik - 2012-02-04

That's awfully inconvenient to have to run it manually, or otherwise get a notification popup when I could be watching something. There's an option to have it run in the background, so why not turn off the notification if that option is checked?

- Martijn - 2012-02-04

Rumik Wrote:That's awfully inconvenient to have to run it manually, or otherwise get a notification popup when I could be watching something. There's an option to have it run in the background, so why not turn off the notification if that option is checked?

Like i sayd. It was choosen to do it this way.

XBMC doesn't care either if you are watching a movie and an add-on update comes in (if i recall correctly).

Maybe i'll change it when i got dozens of request but you are the first one of around 80.000 users (or more) so it won't be changed.

On a side note:
This is the skin development thread and not for normal user support

- Hitcher - 2012-02-04

Martijn Wrote:XBMC doesn't care either if you are watching a movie and an add-on update comes in (if i recall correctly).

This is correct.

- Martijn - 2012-02-04

Hitcher Wrote:This is correct.

btw Those season banners in Xeebo look great Nod

The only problem is that there are some users that have uploaded the banners using the wrong language and there is not yet an easy way of changing those. I already addressed this issue there and they said just upload the banner using the correct language for now until they can change the language.

- fmronan - 2012-02-25

Why is not possible to download the poster season?
Is it possible to add this option?
because I use season.tbn in my home in "Glass" skinNod
Sorry for my EnglishBlush

- Martijn - 2012-02-25

fmronan Wrote:Why is not possible to download the poster season?
Is it possible to add this option?
because I use season.tbn in my home in "Glass" skinNod
Sorry for my EnglishBlush

Sure it's possible. It's just changing some values from False -> True
Takes 5 minutes including coffee break Cool

I never enabled it cause there wasn't a fixed filenaming convention beside the one XBMC uses. Like you say these are .tbn files and almost all of the skins use .jpg for images.

Problem is that you can't use this naming scheme used by xbmc because you need to using string compares (i think).

PHP Code:
TV Show Season Thumbnails 
In the following example
the thumbnail will be used for the appropriate season in the Video Library season nodeWhere xx is 0102 etc.

TV\showfolder\seasonxx.tbn
 TV Show Specials TV
\showfolder\season-specials.tbn

For the all seasons item TV\showfolder\season-all.tbn 

The value xx can't be used cause the needed infolabels only return value x and not xx and these are integers so the -specials and -all can't be used.

We can use the same naming as I used for season banners which are put in tvshow root.

As seen here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Artwork_Downloader#Season_artwork
(already had used season posters as example)
This requires the least amount of code change and is easiest for skins i think.

Other possibilitie is put poster.tbn or poster.jpg in the season folder.
Remember these are non standard xbmc methods.

Thought of skinners please Smile
(and as always you must allagree on what direction to take)

- fmronan - 2012-02-25

For me thats not a problem I use RandomAndLastplaylist script

<texture diffuse="cover.png" background="true">$INFO[Container(8001).ListItem.Property(Path)]season$INFO[Container(8001).ListItem.Property(SaisonNumber)].tbn</texture>

- Martijn - 2012-02-25

fmronan Wrote:For me thats not a problem I use RandomAndLastplaylist script

<texture diffuse="cover.png" background="true">$INFO[Container(8001).ListItem.Property(Path)]season$INFO[Container(8001).ListItem.Property(SaisonNumber)].tbn</texture>
and that's always a two digit number?

I want something that will work global throughout home, tvshows,seasons, episodes and not only for RandomAndLastplaylist on the home screen.
when using a one digit number will already work natively without a script.

- fmronan - 2012-02-25

ok, like you want

- Martijn - 2012-02-25

fmronan Wrote:ok, like you want

if you can use:
Quote:tvshows/House/season1-poster.jpg
I have no problem enabling it and post a version so you can test it out.
If you can use it then this will become 'standard'

If you need
Quote:tvshows/House/season01-poster.jpg
then we have to think of something else

Let me know

- mikebzh44 - 2012-02-25

For the moment, RandomAndLastItems or RandomItems return season number with 2 digit because season number is used to build episode number sXXeXX.

But, in RandomAndLastItems, I can return EpisodeNo with sXXeXX and EpisodeSeason with 1 digit and use 2 digit if season > 9.

- Martijn - 2012-02-25

mikebzh44 Wrote:But, in RandomAndLastItems, I can return EpisodeNo with sXXeXX and EpisodeSeason with 1 digit and use 2 digit if season > 9.

If you can do that every one is happy Smile