Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Artwork Downloader - Skin support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Artwork Downloader - Skin support (/showthread.php?tid=115682)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

- Martijn - 2011-12-20

ronie Wrote:T! currently uses disc.png, so imo it would be best to stick with that

Least amount of work for you Wink
In the AD skin dev thread i asked other skinners for ideas to get the best filename usage. I was maybe thinking on using cdart.png but since you have the only skin that uses it (i think) disc.png is no problem for me.

The skin 'Glass' now uses <moviename>.png however in my opnion that is a no go. Maybe '<moviename>-disc.png' would be better then.
There also will be the option for multidiscs downloading (if needed) so how to handle that.

Your thoughts?

- ppic - 2011-12-20

logo and cleararts are for tvshows, so they will always be in a subfolder ...

Film's trouble must be studied another way, lots of ppl have all their films in 1 folder.

- Martijn - 2011-12-20

ppic Wrote:logo and cleararts are for tvshows, so they will always be in a subfolder ...

Film's trouble must be studied another way, lots of ppl have all their films in 1 folder.

Not true anymore. There will also be logos and clearart for movies
I agree that we must find a way to properly handle movies but it must be something that all must agree on and it must be possible to with current available coding.

EDIT:
'Mymovie.png' won't work either when you have characters in your movie title that are not allowed in filenames. like : / \ and maybe special characters for certain languages.

- ppic - 2011-12-20

the simpliest way would be to have the id in propety, so we could name it with the id.
but since it doesn't exist, skinner can't use it.

i wasn't aware for film logo, it has been discussed number of time, but always lead to useless end.

- BigNoid - 2011-12-20

Well extrafanart and extrathumbs also assume to have movies in separate subfolders. I don't know why we should stray away from that unless we can have all artwork in separate folder away from the media itself.

- Martijn - 2011-12-20

Big_Noid Wrote:Well extrafanart and extrathumbs also assume to have movies in separate subfolders. I don't know why we should stray away from that unless we can have all artwork in separate folder away from the media itself.

I agree with BigNoid.
Until there is a proper way of keeping fanart seperate this is indeed the best way.
I made a trac ticket so this will maybe be posible some day.

Artwork Downloader will follow the method the mayority of skinners use.

- ronie - 2011-12-20

Martijn Wrote:Least amount of work for you Wink
In the AD skin dev thread i asked other skinners for ideas to get the best filename usage. I was maybe thinking on using cdart.png but since you have the only skin that uses it (i think) disc.png is no problem for me.

The skin 'Glass' now uses <moviename>.png however in my opnion that is a no go. Maybe '<moviename>-disc.png' would be better then.
There also will be the option for multidiscs downloading (if needed) so how to handle that.

Your thoughts?
T! has been using disc.png for a very long time, so why change it? :-)

it would break compatibility for everyone who's been using this feature from the start.

no clue why Glass is using a different name, imo the last thing we want is skins picking their own random naming scheme.

as for multiimage discs, use disc.png for the first and disc2.png for the second?

- Martijn - 2011-12-21

The reason they gave for using <moviename>.png was so users with all movies in one folder could still use it.
However i am having trouble to believe that would actually work because of the illegal filename characters ( <>:"/\|?* ) in movie titles. So ListItem.Title can't be used.

disc.png and disc2.png could definitely work for me if that is possible for skinners to use.

logo.png for movies to?

- butchabay - 2011-12-21

I would say movielogo.png, this way everyone knows what we're talking about.

- ronie - 2011-12-21

i've merged the other thread with this one so we can keep discussions on the naming scheme centralized :-)

- Martijn - 2011-12-21

butchabay Wrote:I would say movielogo.png, this way everyone knows what we're talking about.

With logo.png you only have to remove !visible for movies and think it is clear what is meant.

@ronie
Yeah sorry. Got a bit of topic.

Will keep disc.png & disc2.png until there is a better way available of handling artwork.

- butchabay - 2011-12-21

Martijn Wrote:With logo.png you only have to remove !visible for movies and think it is clear what is meant.

@ronie
Yeah sorry. Got a bit of topic.

Will keep disc.png & disc2.png until there is a better way available of handling artwork.

You're absolutely right, didn't think about that Smile

go for logo.png

- Mudislander - 2011-12-21

Quote:Will keep disc.png & disc2.png until there is a better way available of handling artwork.
I'm happy with this.

- fmronan - 2011-12-21

ok , no problem for me, I can use disc.png and disc2.png with subfolder ans Moviename.png too for user with folder

- Martijn - 2011-12-21

fmronan Wrote:ok , no problem for me, I can use disc.png and disc2.png with subfolder ans Moviename.png too for user with folder

Maybe someday there will be an easy solution for users with just one folder.

Just a suggestion. Maybe it is wise for you to use:
Quote:Moviename-disc.png

That way you can expand it to:
Quote:Moviename-logo.png
or something like that.