Kodi Community Forum
Linux [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC/Kodi and TVHeadend - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: Linux [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC/Kodi and TVHeadend (/showthread.php?tid=115758)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - spontex - 2014-06-16

Thank you for spotting this one!
I am sure that I installed the latest version using the zip file, but I will try to uninstall / reinstall it.

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - spontex - 2014-06-16

This is weird:
- I uninstall the addon
- I restart the computer
- I install the addon from the ZIP (v 0.2.1)
- I click on addon information
- I still see "version 0.1.8"

Any idea?

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - _BJ1 - 2014-06-17

Delete all occurences of script.program.pvrmanager. Log in into a terminal and type (if xbmc is your username):

Code:
cd
find ${PWD} -name script.program.pvrmanager* -print0 | xargs -0 rm -rf {}

install from zip again. As the shutdown.sh is a wrapper that needs root privileges to perform some actions, type:

Code:
cd ~/.xbmc/addons/script.program.pvrmanager/resources/lib
sudo chown root:root shutdown.sh
sudo chmod 755 shutdown.sh

Adjust your settings. If you want to see the content of the logfile just type
Code:
more ~/.xbmc/temp/script.program.pvrmanager/pvrmanager.log

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - spontex - 2014-06-17

Thank you. I was able to install the new version. I had to restart XBMC after manually deleting the addon.

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - _BJ1 - 2014-09-24

Some minor enhancements while delivering email. Last mail noticed about next schedule in message too.

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - Verderer - 2014-10-08

Tried to get this addon to work on my OpenElec 4.2.1, but it's not shutting down when pressing power toggle button.

- Installed the addon and changed the username and pass to thoose of my tvheadend settings.
- I had a differnt username and pass than default settings, but i reset thoose to default (user=xbmc, pass=none).
- When installing OE, I gave it a differnt name than "OPENELEC" ... could this be throwing things off?
- logfile claims that the system is shuting down ...

I tried to read through the readme file ... but couldn't see any OE spesific command I needed to run ... so I'm wondering if there is something there I need to do, or?

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - _BJ1 - 2014-10-09

If logfile claims that there's a shutdown in progress everything works ok, but there are some permissions.

If you have a different name as "OPENELEC" (unimportant if upper-, lower- or camelcased) on an OpenElec-System you have to change line #32 of default.py. Open ~/.xbmc/addons/script.program.pvrmanager/default.py with an editor of yout choice an change:
Code:
PLATFORM_OE = True if ('OPENELEC' in ', '.join(platform.uname()).upper()) else False
to
Code:
PLATFORM_OE = True # if ('OPENELEC' in ', '.join(platform.uname()).upper()) else False

Be sure that ~/.xbmc/addons/script.program.pvrmanager/resources/lib/shutdown.sh is executable:
Code:
chmod a+x ~/.xbmc/addons/script.program.pvrmanager/resources/lib/shutdown.sh
Hope this helps.

__BJ1

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - Verderer - 2014-10-09

Looks like that did the trick.
Thx Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - Turok777 - 2014-10-26

Thank you ! . for me the plugin works OK (OpenELEC v.4.x.x)
polish version 1

Ps.or.. plugin after recording a TV program turn off the system
if the system has been running ?

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - _BJ1 - 2014-11-11

Update to version 0.2.4. Runs with Helix (Kodi) too. For installation hints read the README.pdf (yes, now its a PDF) inside the zip.
@Turok777: Thank you very much for the polish translation. And yes, the plugin will turn the system off after recording if you press the power button whilest recording.

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC and TVHeadend - Turok777 - 2014-11-11

Sorry for my english !
And if you can integrate the plugin with the option screensaver (in the menu)
After recording a TV program :
if the screensaver is on ......to activate the plugin: script.program.pvrmanager
if not ........shows a window with information about the need to manually shutdown
I made it unprofessional Confused ........file (screensaver.sh / strings.po) and fixes in Polish translation 1
regards!

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC/Kodi and TVHeadend - _BJ1 - 2014-11-11

(2014-11-11, 19:24)Turok777 Wrote: And if you can integrate the plugin with the option screensaver (in the menu)
After recording a TV program :
if the screensaver is on ......to activate the plugin: script.program.pvrmanager
if not ........shows a window with information about the need to manually shutdown
The plugin is unindependend of a screensaver. If you want to poweroff your system just press power on your remote. If a recording is in progress system immediatly shuts down after finish recording - no matter if a screensaver runs or doesn't.

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC/Kodi and TVHeadend - jon123456 - 2015-04-12

Is it possible that after pressing the F12 key, the system went into a state of sleep.

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC/Kodi and TVHeadend - kurosh - 2015-11-09

Hello,

Fantastic looking pluggin but doesn't appear to wake computer up on Openelec 6.0? I'm prettycertain I've set everything up correctly as per the readme and all "looks" to be functioning but it doesn't wake the PC from suspend. I have a ACPI BIOS and can manually set the wake up times where the computer does wake as expected.

Are there any plans to make this work with Openelec 6.0?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE]Plugin for Timer- and Powermanagement in XBMC/Kodi and TVHeadend - _BJ1 - 2015-11-09

This addon should run with OE 6.0 as described from users in the german kodi forum. But in BIOS you have to disable all ACPI events, especially RTC wakeup too. Also look at this post: http://www.vdr-portal.de/board60-linux/board62-software/board95-xbmc-kodi/p1203490-announce-tvheadend-timer-und-powermanagement-f%C3%BCr-xbmc-kodi/#post1203490