Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- los93sol - 2005-05-30

(kick in da door @ may 30 2005,21:21 Wrote:will my mother be able to play yahoo & msn games, which are all i believe flashed based games
not anytime soon

- incognegro - 2005-06-03

will i be able to use e-messenger?

- John Hoek - 2005-06-03

we have kai for that kind of stuff already?! Wink

let's keep first the browser good (and reliable working) integrated in xbmc. after this things could be expanded with other stuff.

when is the first (unofficial) release expected? :?

- incognegro - 2005-06-03

e-messenger is a website dude, no extra software or anything. it allows you to sign into msn through their website and send messeges through it too. i got an old linkboks version working with it once but not anymore. now it just crashes.

- HarshReality - 2005-06-03

since there are all the colorful "when" questions i'll throw one in...

will it be done before longhorn is released?

(j/k)

- waxie - 2005-06-03

not to take anything away from this project but i personally dont think you can beat the x-dsl linux distro ( http://www.x-dsl.org) that includes firefox and also comes with vnc by default. it is the fastest xbox linux distro out there, and very light weight (coming in at around 40 meg) and is dead easy to install with just having to copy over a handful of files..

i tried playing around with linksboks and found it to be a bit clunky. using firefox via linux i found the better option.

that being said though, im looking forward to checking this out new feature in xbmc, and it looks like its shaping up nicely. keep up the good work boyz :thumbsup:

- ysbox - 2005-06-03

(waxie @ june 03 2005,18:22 Wrote:not to take anything away from this project but i personally dont think you can beat the x-dsl linux distro ( http://www.x-dsl.org) that includes firefox and also comes with vnc by default.  it is the fastest xbox linux distro out there, and very light weight (coming in at around 40 meg) and is dead easy to install with just having to copy over a handful of files..

i tried playing around with linksboks and found it to be a bit clunky. using firefox via linux i found the better option.

that being said though, im looking forward to checking this out new feature in xbmc, and it looks like its shaping up nicely.  keep up the good work boyz  :thumbsup:
i'm doing it for the fun, not to compete with firefox.
that being said, you're right, x-dsl is pretty sweet. but can you download videos or music and forward them to your mplayer with it? :p

(harshreality @ june 03 2005,16:03 Wrote:will it be done before longhorn is released?

Wink
it'll be done "when it's done" Smile
or at least when it becomes useable enough to make people complaints bearable.

- Livin - 2005-06-04

ysbox... well said!

i'm glad you are taking the comments (and annoyances) in stride.

some of use are very happy you are working on this and though we'd all like to see available 'this very instant' most of us understand these things take time and just appreciate that you are trying your best.

thank you!

- los93sol - 2005-06-04

!!!!!for developers only!!!!!

sorry no real updates since the last time.  development has slowed way down, the dev's need some motivation and time.  we need to rally more developers, if you are interested, please drop by our irc channel efnet #xbmcmeetslinks and tell us a little about your skills.  i have also decided to re-open anonymous checkout to support the callout to interested dev's.  please realize the media forwarding code that was recently added causes crashes, so this is not completely stable.  it is also under development, that in mind, we do not want this to be released to anyone who can use a computer so please use your head and don't start passing out builds to everyone you know.  that said, i hope you guys will be able to help us with development now since you will be able to play with it again!

!!!anon checkout here!!!

regards,
los93sol

!!!!!for developers only!!!!!

- John Hoek - 2005-06-10

what is the status at this project for the moment?

:nuts:

- los93sol - 2005-06-11

nothing new, ysbox is going to try to get something done this weekend, but everyone is very busy these days, hence why i keep asking to get some more dev's to look at the source and see if they are interested enough to put some work into it.
regards,
los93sol

- aNtiBiOteK - 2005-06-16

it's too bad this project is at a stand still. looked very promising from what i saw. since it would make most python plugins absolete (if you can have bookmarks and just go to those sites).. this is something that if it is done right will bring xbmc to a whole new level. since we'll be able to integrate a lot of things into the web that will integrate into xbmc.

- jiz_king - 2005-06-16

^^ this.

any news los?

- incognegro - 2005-06-18

sup los?

- los93sol - 2005-06-18

still here, its updated to xbmc cvs as of 6-14-05, but nothing new as of yet, ysbox did a little debugging earlier this morning, he thinks he found the source of some of the crashes when downloading so he is going to check that out later. a few people have contacted me about working on the project, exchaged messages and emails a few times, and never showed up. remember, if you want this, we need your support...help with the code is the best way to help the project, donations are always welcome as well, contact me if you want to help.
regards,
los93sol