Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- los93sol - 2005-09-04

no issues here and you are confused. there is no default.xbe in our svn, it is source code not a compiled binary. if you read my tutorial on compiling it you will understand how to get it working.

- Rand Al Thor - 2005-09-04

hehe sorry m8 i dont think i made my self clear. i know there is no compiled binaries just source code, this aint my first rodeo Wink ive been compiling my own xbmc builds for a while now. i must just not have explained myself properly so sorry about that one. no worries though. anyway im still getting that error. not sure why. it comes right at the end. i tried reinstalling tortoisesvn and grabbed svn again this morning and still getting the error. oh well ill keep messing with it and see if i cant figure out what the deal is. thanks again :kickass:

- los93sol - 2005-09-04

alright, sorry bout that then...make sure you have the proper date of xbmc cvs, if it is too new or too old there can be conflicts and it may or may not compile properly.

regards,
los93sol

- Djsnake - 2005-09-05

will this feature ever be in the official cvs?
just curious (yes, i already know the it isn't official at the moment..)

- los93sol - 2005-09-12

big update:
ysbox has been hard at it again! the gui is being overhauled and it is really coming along nicely. the update still needs to be re-skinned properly, but that will come as well. as for now you will be able to see the direction things are taking. the goal here is to maximize screen space by giving a complete full screen (this is still being tested to see if full screen is best or if a small border is better), moved the older "control panel" into an osd like the rest of xbmc, got rid of the original linksboks header and footer and added the information to infobars (also like the rest of xbmc). the most important factor to realize with these updates is that it adds a level of skinability to the browser that wasn't available before.

also in the updates this time around, the browser is now synced with xbmc cvs as of 9-11-05, and there are a few prototype style models available to demonstrate how the bookmark manager and history windows will look/work.

please don't forget this project is still a work in progress, but i think you will be impressed to see how things are maturing and how well the project is shaping up.

regards,
los93sol

ps the build.bat has also been updated to include all the new skin files so you don't have to manually transfer anything to your xbox.

- contrast - 2005-09-12

i would like to say that ysbox has done a great thing for the xbox community !!

- lolol - 2005-09-12

yeah!

full ack! make a video of the browsing.

that would be great!

- los93sol - 2005-09-17

a few updates went up yesterday, nothing major, just fixing up the skin a bit from all the recent changes...things are shaping up very nicely with the new gui changes.

note: 16x9 skin is not currently working, would be but i do not have a tv for it so if any skinners out there would like to help out, you could do a 16x9 version of the current skin for us. Smile

regards,
los93sol

edit:  alright, here are some screenshots of the current state of the browser.  note that this is not the final skin, but is the concept, also please note in the video thumbnail pictures, the black rectangle is not our fault, that is actually a bug with xbmc's gui calibration.  on with the screenies! :d

here you can see we have placed the link to start the web browser in the submenu:

browser running full screen, nothing special here:

here you can see the infobar across the top of the page.  this can be toggled on/off by pressing black.  the top line displays the title of the current web page, the second line displays first the url of the current page, then the status of the browser:

another screenshot of the infobar to show how effective it is:

next up is the osd for the browser, this is really just the same osd from videos and music with some tweaked graphics.  it has proven to be an effective design yet again:

we also have a music thumbnail, this will display automatically whenever the player has audio, we opted to leave out the cover image because it wasn't really necessary and we decided to maximize the screen space.  this thumbnail can be toggled on/off with the white button:

we also have a video thumbnail, this one will display whenever the player has video.  as you can see it is slightly different than the music thumbnail, obviously the video preview window was necessary so we redesigned it a bit from the music thumbnail.  this thumbnail can also be toggled on/off with the white button.  ignore the offset black rectangle behind the video preview window, it is not our fault, it is actually a bug with xbmc's gui calibration:

next up we have the bookmark window, this part of the browser is not currently functional, the windows are created already as a concept of the design.  in this screenshot you can also see that with everything on the screen nothing is overlapping:

finally you can see the history window, same thing applies here, this part is not currently functional and is being shown only as a concept of the design at this point.  you can see it follows the same rule as the bookmarks window with nothing overlapping:

- bobrooney_78 - 2005-09-18

wow! looks awesome!

great work! :o

- Solo0815 - 2005-09-18

(bobrooney_78 @ sep. 18 2005,11:44 Wrote:wow! looks awesome!

great work! :o
^^ word!
i hope it´s finished soon ... Wink

- mikenewf - 2005-09-19

k i downloaded the new media center "xbmc-2005-09-13-pimped" with linksbok integrated , very nice work :beer: but i found some bugs, when i watch a .wmv video file the video goes faster then the audio its like the video is ffw but the audio isn't. its real bad and its not the movie ether the clip is 51mins and it ends at 13mins into the clip cuz the video plays that much faster than the audio........ also after i play some music mp3 and wmv,, stop them , watch a music video or listen to some web radio. i go back to listen to some wmv files from my ms dash and they don't work, they wouldn't play!!! mp3 still work but no wmv, everything works again after i reboot !!!!!! get work i'm just letting u know the bugs....... any what would be the problemHuh could i just take the file that i need fixed out of another build Huh

- mikenewf - 2005-09-19

also it freezes up sometimes when i use the autoexec.py script to launch my playlist.... again i'm loving it very nice , now i need to get a keyboard and mouse

- los93sol - 2005-09-19

um...those aren't bugs those are the results of downloading a crapass build which we do not support No thanks for the support though.

regards,
los93sol

- C-Quel - 2005-09-19

wow!

awesome work! works a treat here Smile

- gerner - 2005-09-20

coming along very nice indeed. good work fellas :thumbsup: