Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- mikenewf - 2005-09-20

Quote: um...those aren't bugs those are the results of downloading a crapass build which we do not support No thanks for the support though.

any idea what would be the problemHuh could i just take the file i need fixed out of another buildHuh what do u think is the problem could be i just take the system\players\dvd player out of another build to fix itHuh?

- los93sol - 2005-09-20

Quote:any idea what would be the problemHuh could i just take the file i need fixed out of another buildHuh what do u think is the problem could be i just take the system\players\dvd player out of another build to fix it?

k, my patience with you are gone...the problems you are having are not because of links or any of links code the problem is that you are using a leaked build which we do not support because of things like this happening, stop asking...we will gladly accept bug reports from people who compiled on their own and are reporting bugs actually related to links.

regards,
los93sol

- mikenewf - 2005-09-20

o ok sorry

- mikenewf - 2005-09-20

i also get the same problem with this build xbmc-cvs_2005-09-12-t3ch the move ""alex jones-martial law" every one should check this clip out its about how the cia attacked the world trade center on 9/11

- los93sol - 2005-09-20

dude...that build doesn't have links in it and you have that problem...my point proved it's not caused by links so stop posting about it here, this thread is for links!

- taskrok - 2005-09-21

awesome work guys, quick question

i edited my keymap.xml and webbrowserosd.xml so that the gamepad back button would open and close the osd menu (same as start button) (because i would always be pushing back to exit a menu and would close the browser losing my location and history), and then i used the 'un used' settings button on the webbroswer osd to activate the xbmc homewindow..

the results were the web browser would not close, i could return to xbmc and watch videos, and when i went back to the internet it was right where i left, with my history still intact.
i like it and i prefer it like this, but i am curious as to if it is safe for my ram or anything else?

- ysbox - 2005-09-23

(taskrok @ sep. 21 2005,19:07 Wrote:awesome work guys, quick question

i edited my keymap.xml and webbrowserosd.xml so that the gamepad back button would open and close the osd menu (same as start button) (because i would always be pushing back to exit a menu and would close the browser losing my location and history),  and then i used the 'un used' settings button on the webbroswer osd to activate the xbmc homewindow..

the results were the web browser would not close, i could return to xbmc and watch videos, and when i went back to the internet it was right where i left, with my history still intact.
i like it and i prefer it like this, but i am curious as to if it is safe for my ram or anything else?
we try to avoid letting links loaded into memory when it's not needed, that's why when you leave the browser to the "previous window" (usually the home window) the dll gets unloaded and you lose your session.

you found a way to make the dll stay in memory, that will take from less than 1mb up to several mb of memory, depending on the size of the page you're on and various other things. for basic use you should have enough memory left but i can't say it will let you do everything with python, dvdplayer, 1080i and so on. just set the "showfreemem" option to "true" in xboxmediacenter.xml and take a look by yourself (then report back! Wink)...

- taskrok - 2005-09-24

bad results... about 50% of my resets and boots would lead to a black and unfunctional home.xml

i reinstalled my build and everything is back to normal..
it may have been something else i tweaked with, but i am pretty sure it was the browser.

i wouldnt reccomend keeping the browser open anyway since just the home page of xbmc takes up half of the boxes memory.

- xboxSlayer - 2005-09-24

i am new to compiling xbmc and i'm interested in checking out links. what i've noticed is that the releases are "synced" with the xbmc cvs releases. when compiling do i have to use the date that is synced with xbmc or can i use the latest build? if not, when is it going to be synced again? it's just that there have been quite a few bug fixes in xbmc and i want to compile an updated version.

like i said i'm still new but i like the idea of a web browser in xbmc and i want to test it out and see if i can help. thanks.

- HarshReality - 2005-09-25

there is a link somewhere here to the links cvs, in the cvs there are detailedd instructions for compiling for a sync'd cvs build.

- mrw - 2005-09-28

hi to all, it's my first post !!!!!

i know the devs are upset about compiles, etc but - i am desperate about trying the links integration and don't want to mess up my existing installation...can someone recommend an image which i can burn straight onto an xdfs or udf cd-r which will allow me to test links functionality right away?

i don't care if any other stuff doesn't work...or paths are messed up or whatever...and i promise i won't complain about anything!!!!!!

sorry for the intrusion, i know this post doesn't really belong here...

- los93sol - 2005-09-28

not only does your post not belong here but it violates forum rules by asking for a compiled binary. also, if you know the dev's are already upset about distributed releases, why would you bother asking for someone to distribute a release to you? have you done something to contribute that the rules should be changed just for you? are you a developer? (i'd have a very hard time believing a developer wouldn't just compile their own release since there is a tutorial for compiling xbmc with links available with more than enough detail than any developer or even novice compiler should need to get it built and running). anyways, enough with my rant.....

expect some silence from this project for awhile...ysbox will be working on some major changes to the code, it will be awhile before any news comes from this project, but rest assured it will be well worth it in the end.

regards,
los93sol

- Rand Al Thor - 2005-09-28

hey los could we possibly get a sync to cvs before you go silent :thumbsup: please oh please oh please :kickass:
if not, we will all be anxiously awaiting any new progress. keep up the great work :bowdown:

- xboxSlayer - 2005-09-29

i figured how to compile using the synced cvs release. trying to compile with the lasted cvs doesn't work. but links works great, i'm very pleased with it's functionality. now i find myself checking 2-3 times a day for the latest synced version. if nothing is going to happen for a while then i'll wait patiently and i'll keep my links version as an app and use the latest cvs for my main player. thanks, keep up the good work.

- incognegro - 2005-10-05

is this anywere near release in cvs in beta form like the dvd player?