Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- ysbox - 2006-01-09

(incognegro @ jan. 08 2006,16:58 Wrote:ok i use my keyboard to control everything in xbmc (no mouse) so far ive got all the keys i want mapped for the browser on the keyboard, except the page scroll. is there a way to the arrow keys on my keyboard to scroll the page left, right, up, down? im aware you can browse the links on a page with the arrow keys but i want to scroll the page similar to how the analog stick on the controller does.
try turning on "expert mode" (topmost button in the osd) then bring up the menu with b (controller), navigate to setup>options manager, then find the "keyboard navigation" option in the tree and toggle it. save your options with setup>save options if it works (no guarantee). the most useful options will be in the planned xbmc-based osd settings window.

- Coolgamer30 - 2006-01-10

i just tried to compile a new build with the january 9th 2006 xbmc source with the revision 83 linksboks source.  when compiling i get 21 errors with guifontttf.cpp file.  is there a fix for this?  thanks

- Rand Al Thor - 2006-01-11

i have had problems with compiling for the last two updates. keeps giving me the .xbe failed to build error message.

- los93sol - 2006-01-11

there is an issue with the svn at the moment...i've posted a few updates, but haven't been able to compile since the recent sync either. a few things you guys can check out now without having to compile a new build, just update the skin and keymap.xml from svn.

added keymappings for hardware keyboards, check changelog for mappings
cleaned up osd a bit, nothing major there.

also added preliminary code for insert ip, it's not very intelligent at the moment since i am definitely not a dev, i was walked through the process step-by-step by a few kind dev's. Smile basically, this allows access to the numpad from the virtual keyboard. saw it requested here and thought it was a good idea. you guys prolly won't get to see this until after the next sync though.

anyways, just a few updates, more skin updates planned once the new skin version is synced up and working as well.

regards,
los93sol

- C-Quel - 2006-01-11

'very' basic control with a remote would be nice... so maybe you guys could modify the keymap a touch make it universal just for simple 'menu' for osd etc...

- [email protected] - 2006-01-11

dont know if any of you have tried it but my usb mouse works. but allignment seems really weird
works good for hyperlinks but only if you move just below them and too the left. but in pulldown boxs/form items you have to be above them and with text boxes just bellow

- los93sol - 2006-01-12

diagdave, try changing your gui calibration a bit, i'm wondering if this isn't an effect of the mouse pointer in xbmc possibly not being calibrated with everything else. i guess since links isn't calibrated though that wouldn't make much sense to maybe it's the other way around, maybe the mousepointer is calibrated and since links is not? not sure either way, just something that might be worth testing.

- los93sol - 2006-01-13

ysbox sync'd the svn to 1-12-06 and sorted the issues with ttf fonts.  you guys will be able to compile and test out the new features again.

deanrparry, i will get those remote keymaps added as soon as i get a chance.  i have a few ideas for some keymaps, but since i don't use a remote regularly i will be doing a bit of playing as i am trying to keep the controls "familiar" with what they are throughout xbmc.

keep the suggestions coming guys!

edit: there were a few issues with the insertip stuff on the virtual keyboard last night, fixed that up today...

also, discovered a few conflicts with the keyboard keymappings, those are not fixed as well

and finally, support for remotes is now in the keymap as well...

if you already tried to compile and had issues try again, all recent issues should be taken care of now (except the mousepointer alignment)

everybody be sure and give a big thank you to ysbox for everything he has done with this. Smile

- sollie - 2006-01-14

this is very cool, and working almost perfect. i have some little issues:
- left side of browser outside screen (little, 16x9 and 4x3)
- make a diolog with the message: "do you realy want to quit"

thanks for all, keep up the good work

- los93sol - 2006-01-14

(sollie @ jan. 14 2006,10:04 Wrote:- left side of browser outside screen (little, 16x9 and 4x3)
yup, that part is mostly due to not having a way to calibrate the overscan for the web browser. since every tv is different as far as how it scales and how much overscan is present that's why you are seeing this problem where some others aren't.

- sollie - 2006-01-14

ok, i am trying to find out myself, but can you add the other option. sometimes i click back. browser is closthing that way.

- Lowen SoDium - 2006-01-14

using the 1-13-06 sync, i still can't use links... it locks up as soon as i start the browser. it has had this problem for me for a long long time now. i don't know what it could possibly be that makes my xbox diffrent from anyone elses.

sence the browser skin has changed, i can see that it atleast starts the browser and it locks up on "transferring". after that, the system is unresponsive and i have to hit the power button

- incognegro - 2006-01-15

(ysbox @ jan. 09 2006,20:38 Wrote:
(incognegro @ jan. 08 2006,16:58 Wrote:ok i use my keyboard to control everything in xbmc (no mouse) so far ive got all the keys i want mapped for the browser on the keyboard, except the page scroll. is there a way to the arrow keys on my keyboard to scroll the page left, right, up, down? im aware you can browse the links on a page with the arrow keys but i want to scroll the page similar to how the analog stick on the controller does.
try turning on "expert mode" (topmost button in the osd) then bring up the menu with b (controller), navigate to setup>options manager, then find the "keyboard navigation" option in the tree and toggle it. save your options with setup>save options if it works (no guarantee). the most useful options will be in the planned xbmc-based osd settings window.
doesnt seem to work........arent theyre some keymap commands that can be added....example, "pageup,pagedown,left, right etc."?
if not, is it possible for the next sync?

- Coolgamer30 - 2006-01-16

i compiled a new build with the 1-14-06 xbmc sources and it compiles fine.  but whenever i try to change to a different skin it just goes to a black screen and if i hit back it just goes back to my previous skin.  this is the only problem i am having with this new build.  the linksbrowser works great and everything else does just not changing skins.  is there a fix for this? thanks

- incognegro - 2006-01-28

bump........is it gonna happen? the keyboard keys?