Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- Coolgamer30 - 2006-08-10

If anyone is interested I have synced the linksboks source to the XBMC source as of 8-8-2006. I am pretty sure it works 100% without any bugs or errors.

- Livin - 2006-08-10

You should compress it and post a bit torrent

- SleepyP - 2006-08-10

how large is it? i can host it on my site if it's not insane. i have 500GB / month of data transfer and 50GB of space.

- lolol - 2006-08-10

please, if is it your site, with your real name, i woudn't post it there...

cu lolol

- Nickman - 2006-08-10

lolol Wrote:please, if is it your site, with your real name, i woudn't post it there...

cu lolol

if it's just the source and not a pre compiled binary then there is no problem posting it.

- SleepyP - 2006-08-10

yeah, exactly

- SixOneS4 - 2006-08-10

Coolgamer30

If you rar up the changed files and send them over to me via IRC or email I would be happy to check over it and verify everything is working so we can get it committed to the SVN so people will still have their one stop shop. If everything checks out appropriately I can get you added to the SVN as a developer so you'll be able to make commits on your own.

-Los93soL

wtf - kimgitz - 2006-08-11

I can not tell you how pissed off I am right now. The thought that i will never see this completed and included in xbmc is unbearable.

Hang on a minute who ever is responsible for this should be hanged. I have waited for this from day one patiently. i told myself that it was worth waiting and that i will not complian it being limited to those who can compile......although at the time i felt it was unfair...but that is the way life is.

Am sorry if i seem.. arrogant but there are things i simply can not stomach....and can not help but be very annoyed...this has being the worst let down since xbmc started and it is really a big shame if this project never happens.

Can anyone in this forum understand how much frustration and how angry I am at the moment....wen u want something really bad but can not have it because I cant compile and then having to wait for so long only to find out this. Bull-sh*t thats what it is. I have no idea what sort of deamon has possesed the pple responsible for this but here is one man opinion.....they can go to hell...thats how little i think of them.

You guys break my heart u really do! No

Finnaly for those who have continued to support and improve xbmc....do not be put a back by those who luck vision...we must always strive to perfect what we have. even the slight improvement it is still an improvement and goes a long way in the end to bring us to perfection.

Good luck!

- SleepyP - 2006-08-11

and people said XBMC was totally amazing before, just wait til it's got a web browser Smile of course, the support workload will probably just get bigger Sad

- spiff - 2006-08-11

kimgitz,

you are a complete idiot, that's what you are.

a) we will add it after 2.0.
b) once this surfaced we invited the author (ysbox) to our team. he accepted and has been part of it for a while
c) so, basically you're telling the whole team, including the author of this addon to go to hell. smart

d) i don't give a rats arse if you are too stupid to compile this yourself. learn or STFU

- Coolgamer30 - 2006-08-11

If anybody is curious I am ready to send out the new linksboks sync. I sent a PM to Los93soL about sending the changes to him so it can be commited to the SVN and so I can make changes to the SVN myself but he has not replyed back.

- Coolgamer30 - 2006-09-26

I just decided I will share the new sync with everyone.
Click here to download:http://www.rogepost.com/dn/7iyv

This is a sync to the 9-24-2006 XBMC CVS. Make sure you get the 9-24-06 revision when you are doing CVS Checkout. It seems everything is working find but the only real difference is the new freetype fonts that were added to the XBMC CVS a while ago are not included. I don't know how to make linksboks use the new freetype fonts. Please give feedback if there are any problems or questions.

- KingJames - 2006-09-27

Can you please give step by step procedure to get this up and running, i just downloaded ur file and the new xbmc 24/06 from the usual places.

- KingJames - 2006-09-27

Nevermind last message i do not have visual studio to compile the build, what can i do?

- Nickman - 2006-09-27

KingJames Wrote:Nevermind last message i do not have visual studio to compile the build, what can i do?

Choose one:
1. Ask someone who can compile it to do it for you. (Not public in this forum though)
2. Get Visualstudio and the xdk and learn to use it.
3. Wait for a CVS version AFTER xbmc v2.0 Final is out.