Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- HarshReality - 2007-01-01

lol

- theboxway - 2007-01-08

can somebody write a current tutorial for this because I can not get my default.xbe to build right... I get like 475 errors at the end.

- theboxway - 2007-01-08

Ok, I got it running.... but it doesnt look like the one on the pictures. It looks like a regular linksboks with gray backgrounds and small letters. It wont let me play videos either. Where can I get the files for the one that has pictures posted through out this thread? Plase somebody help.

- theboxway - 2007-01-08

I cant edit... I cant get it to look like this.. Im I using the wrong files?

- Turbe - 2007-01-09

What version is the broswer in the previous LinksBoks post (pics)? I'm running an older version....

- Asteron - 2007-01-09

Slashdot hasnt looked like that in a year. Its either pretty old or photoshopped.

EDIT:
Quote:Yes this is pretty old, I think its from 2005.
Quote:I think that was a mock up made by brittneyspairs to show how the GUI could look like in the future.
OR BOTH!

- theboxway - 2007-01-09

Asteron Wrote:Slashdot hasnt looked like that in a year. Its either pretty old or photoshopped.

Yes this is pretty old, I think its from 2005.

- Nickman - 2007-01-10

I think that was a mock up made by brittneyspairs to show how the GUI could look like in the future.

- anywonder - 2007-01-10

Ooh they did remove the tabbed browsing? Sad

- Nickman - 2007-01-10

anywonder Wrote:Ooh they did remove the tabbed browsing? Sad

removed ? it was never there.

- Coolgamer30 - 2007-01-14

Just to let everyone know I synced the source to XBMC revision 7605. Also the virtual mouse now works correctly.
Nickman: Do you still have that one bug that you posted about a while ago?

- HarshReality - 2007-01-14

ok how about another SVN link

- splurt - 2007-01-14

harshreality: the svn checkout url is https://OpenSVN.csie.org/links2xbmc

coolgamer: Thanks for taking up the challenge and sycing this up. I was using the old April build until November when I realized the project wasn't totally abandoned. I am using the 2.0.1 build with no problems, but I compiled the 7549 build the other day and realized that the skinning coordinates are not matching up. For instance, if you make a webbrowser window that is 500x400 in the PAL directory of the skin, it will still be an actual 500x400 when you switch xbmc to 720p (~1/4th of the screen). Likewise, if you make it 1280x720, it will turn out way larger than the screen when the rez is flipped back to pal or ntsc. This didn't happen in the 2.0.1 build, and its probably due to the new skinning engine. I just don't understand why it behaves like this for the webbrowser window and not visualization windows or video windows. I am getting ready to try the 7605 to see if it does it there. Let me know if you have any ideas. I'll stick with the 2.0.1 build until I figure it out.

To all those who are asking about the graphical web browser screenshots, they are real and work quite nicely in 720p. They were removed because people wanted full screen browsing on their tv's. You can still get the old images (made by britneyspairs) and skin xmls from the links2xbmc svn, just sync up an older version like version 65. They may not work too well with a new build of xbmc though. I kept updating these on my xbox and have a nice looking graphical screen like in the screenshots for PM3 and Blackbolt Classic (although it only uses the graphical window when in a widescreen resolution) My update is for version 2.0.1, I havent updated it to the newest build until I figure out this resolution problem. I will see if I can put my updated skins on the SVN if there is interest.

- splurt - 2007-01-14

coolgamer: Looks like my problem is the same one nickman was posting about recently. Basically, when the skin xml draws a webbrowser window, it takes the stated width and height and applies them to the current actual screen width and height. It should draw the window relative to the resolution of the skin directory you're in (i.e. skins\PM3\PAL - 720x576). Just wanted to clarify.

- theboxway - 2007-01-14

Splurt

Which cvs dates do I have to get? Whats version 65, how do you get it? Yes please put an update I am interested.