Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- ysbox - 2007-01-24

hey everyone!
guess who's back...! Wink

I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently keeping up to the latest developments around here, I'm actually quite surprised by the level of activity surrounding this project lately, and am now motivated (or guilty?) again to get this thing done ASAP!
I mean maintaining it in a separate branch in XBMC's svn.

So thanks for staying tuned -and rest assured your time won't end up wasted. Smile

CoolGamer30: you got a PM!

- KingJames - 2007-01-24

now we're talking

- Nickman - 2007-01-24

ysbox Wrote:hey everyone!
guess who's back...! Wink

I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently keeping up to the latest developments around here, I'm actually quite surprised by the level of activity surrounding this project lately, and am now motivated (or guilty?) again to get this thing done ASAP!
I mean maintaining it in a separate branch in XBMC's svn.

So thanks for staying tuned -and rest assured your time won't end up wasted. Smile

CoolGamer30: you got a PM!

Woho! ysbox is back. Nice to see you again man.
Looking forward to the svn branch. Do your magic Big Grin

- jimg - 2007-01-24

Add me to the list of excited users looking forward to SVN inclusion.

- hXr.eXe - 2007-01-24

Excellent!!!

- weinerschnitzel - 2007-01-24

Very nice! I would be more than willing to do some testing on this new extension.

- ysbox - 2007-01-25

Just FYI:

I got my dev environment up and running again, built a version against yesterday's sources and just synced up again 2 minutes ago -it's just a matter of updating SVN.

There are some bugs which I've begun fixing (bookmarks not saved etc.)
The new branch won't be added before those bugs are fixed, and the code gets a little bit cleaner... And this will be done only with the approval of the other team members.

- theboxway - 2007-01-25

ysbox,

Is there anyway to add flash to this browser? make it more complete.......

- KingJames - 2007-01-25

ysbox Wrote:Just FYI:

I got my dev environment up and running again, built a version against yesterday's sources and just synced up again 2 minutes ago -it's just a matter of updating SVN.

The new branch won't be added before those bugs are fixed, and the code gets a little bit cleaner... And this will be done only with the approval of the other team members.

Question, "If" or "when" Linksboks gets integrated is it possible to be able to browse directories with saved webpages on the xbox like the media files and be able to click on them and linksboks would open to them?

- sollie - 2007-01-25

I am glad you are back.

- Nickman - 2007-01-26

ysbox Wrote:Just FYI:

Nice to hear you are back up and running. If you need any testing on HDTV or general usage im more then happy to help.

I do my own builds.

- ysbox - 2007-01-29

Just a quick update... things are advancing! Smile
Tonight I realized that the TrueType font rendering wasn't working anymore, due the the switch from XFONT to freetype on revision 6597 of last October 25th Wink

So I eventually got it working again, now Links uses freetype too for font rendering :cool2:... which eventually improved the overall font quality for TV viewing imo, especially on italics; I'm cheating though: I uploaded arialbd.ttf, ariali.ttf and arialbi.ttf from my Windows instead of letting freetype "enbolden" and "oblique" the glyphs itself!

To see if there was a memory usage issue, I did a quick bench - this is a Debug build running in the XDK through VS, I have about 22MB left when I arrive on home screen:

-freetype rendering w/ 4 arial fonts loaded

-builtin rendering w/o any TTF fonts loaded

so there *is* some impact on memory but less than I expected...

- Nickman - 2007-01-29

Amazing diffrence. Great work ysbox. The italic text was a bit hard to read before but now Big Grin

Syntax for opening Files on the Xbos - RobinofE - 2007-01-31

Can anybody tell me if and how it is possible to open *.html files that are localy on the xbox?

- RobinofE - 2007-01-31

searched the forum again and found it. :-)