Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- Deff - 2007-04-06

Checked files and differences I can find are....

links2xbmc is missing...
Code:
#define BAR_FREE_SPACE_X            618
#define BAR_USED_SPACE_X            619
#define BAR_FREE_SPACE_Y            620
#define BAR_USED_SPACE_Y            621
#define BAR_FREE_SPACE_Z            622
#define BAR_USED_SPACE_Z            623

Instead of...
Code:
bool GetDisplayAfterSeek() const;
  void SetDisplayAfterSeek(DWORD TimeOut = 2500);
  void SetSeeking(bool seeking) { m_playerSeeking = seeking; };
  void SetShowTime(bool showtime) { m_playerShowTime = showtime; };
  void SetShowCodec(bool showcodec) { m_playerShowCodec = showcodec; };
  void SetShowInfo(bool showinfo) { m_playerShowInfo = showinfo; };
  void ToggleShowCodec() { m_playerShowCodec = !m_playerShowCodec; };
  void ToggleShowInfo() { m_playerShowInfo = !m_playerShowInfo; };
  bool m_performingSeek;
links2xbmc has...
Code:
bool GetDisplayAfterSeek() const;
  void SetDisplayAfterSeek(DWORD TimeOut = 2500);
  void SetSeeking(bool seeking) { m_playerSeeking = seeking; };
  void SetShowTime(bool showtime) { m_playerShowTime = showtime; };
  void SetShowCodec(bool showcodec) { m_playerShowCodec = showcodec; };
  void SetShowInfo(bool showinfo) { m_playerShowInfo = showinfo; };
#ifdef WITH_LINKS_BROWSER
  void SetShowWebPageInfo(bool showpageinfo) { m_webShowPageInfo = showpageinfo; };
#endif
  void ToggleShowCodec() { m_playerShowCodec = !m_playerShowCodec; };
  void ToggleShowInfo() { m_playerShowInfo = !m_playerShowInfo; };
  bool m_performingSeek;

and...
Code:
//Fullscreen OSD Stuff
  DWORD m_AfterSeekTimeout;
  bool m_playerSeeking;
  bool m_playerShowTime;
  bool m_playerShowCodec;
  bool m_playerShowInfo;
where as links2xbmc has...
Code:
//Fullscreen OSD Stuff
  DWORD m_AfterSeekTimeout;
  bool m_playerSeeking;
  bool m_playerShowTime;
  bool m_playerShowCodec;
  bool m_playerShowInfo;
#ifdef WITH_LINKS_BROWSER
  bool m_webShowPageInfo;
#endif

So I'm guessing (without knowing anything about coding) that the problem is the missing defines 618 - 623 ?

I will try it anyway Smile

- Deff - 2007-04-06

Ok, tried that and got errors down to 6 Smile default.xbe still won't build though.

Code:
Build Log      ------- Build started: Project: xbmc, Configuration: Release|Xbox -------

Command Lines      Creating temporary file "c:\svnstuff\XBMCLinks\Release\BAT000009.bat" with contents
[
@echo off
bundler xbelogo\titleimage.rdf -o xbelogo\titleimage.xbx
bundler xbelogo\saveimage.rdf -o xbelogo\saveimage.xbx

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError
goto VCEnd
:VCReportError
echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..."
exit 1
:VCEnd
]

and what appears to be the same errors Sad

Code:
Compiling for XBOX: c:\svnstuff\xbmclinks\xbmc\utils\../xbox/xkhdd.h
xbmc\utils\SystemInfo.cpp(1584) : error C2065: 'SYSTEM_TOTAL_SPACE_X' : undeclared identifier
xbmc\utils\SystemInfo.cpp(1584) : error C2051: case expression not constant
xbmc\utils\SystemInfo.cpp(1592) : error C2065: 'SYSTEM_TOTAL_SPACE_Y' : undeclared identifier
xbmc\utils\SystemInfo.cpp(1592) : error C2051: case expression not constant
xbmc\utils\SystemInfo.cpp(1600) : error C2065: 'SYSTEM_TOTAL_SPACE_Z' : undeclared identifier
xbmc\utils\SystemInfo.cpp(1600) : error C2051: case expression not constant
StringUtils.cpp

I must be missing something

- jmarshall - 2007-04-07

Use Winmerge or similar to merge the 2 files.

- Deff - 2007-04-07

jmarshall Wrote:Use Winmerge or similar to merge the 2 files.

I think the issue is bigger than that, I don't think it supports the newer version of xmbc.

- HarshReality - 2007-04-07

I think you might want to check the revision notes for Linkx and make sure that your using the correct sync of xbmc svn to build it.

- Deff - 2007-04-07

HarshReality Wrote:I think you might want to check the revision notes for Linkx and make sure that your using the correct sync of xbmc svn to build it.

Have checked hench my post above yours.

- Coolgamer30 - 2007-04-07

It looks like you are trying to compile the latest linksboks with the latest xbmc source. Linksboks will only compile with xbmc revision 8390 as it says it changelog-links.txt in the svn. Until I commit a new sync 8390 is the latest xbmc revision you can use.

- weinerschnitzel - 2007-04-15

Can we get a progress update?
Also, is it possible for this to be included with xbmc by the next point release?

- ysbox - 2007-04-16

I was away during the Easter period but as of tonight the settings screen are working quite well, just a couple more evenings of cleaning & tuning and I'll have a version ready for branching.

But I now have another problem, my XBEs seem to hang/get back to dash when I run them in a "normal" non-debug bios although they run fine in the XDK. Sad
This is quite a problem... so I'll have to look into it. Maybe someone does have some clues already?

- ysbox - 2007-04-16

never mind, I solved my issue, was related to the debug symbols loader.

I had to comment again this line in DllLoader.cpp:

Code:
// uncomment this to enable symbol loading for dlls
//#define ENABLE_SYMBOL_LOADING 1

...or the XBE doesn't run at all (at least with my bios), worth remembering :p

- RetroS4 - 2007-04-17

Ysbox, I was thinking the OSD could be simplified a bit, I believe the skinning parameters to do this are already in the code, but using the old SVN is a little rough and seems kind of a moot point until this has its own official branch in XBMC's SVN. However, I think this idea should make things a little tidier, but some other opinions never hurt. (even though the time I spent writing this post I could have already finished the changes to the OSD lol!)

So what I was thinking is to combine the Go To URL button and the Stop button so that whenever a page is loading the Go To URL button would change to the Stop button, and whenever links is not loading a page then it would just be the normal Go To URL button. To me it makes perfect sense to do this because the only time you'll ever need to stop a page from loading is when there is a page already loading and you'll need to do that anyway before you Go To another URL. It just seems like a good idea to me, though I'm not entirely sure what the extra button on the OSD could be used for, but links has several options so it could always use a little room for expansion.

- RetroS4 - 2007-04-17

The other idea I'd like to implement is to make RSS feeds focusable in XMBC's GUI and when OnClick() pass the URL to links and automagically open the page. I'd love to implement these things to the latest code myself, but I hate working in the old codebase from SVN since I already know it's quite dated. Oo

- Nickman - 2007-04-17

RetroS4 i like your ideas. Sounds very intuitive and natural changes.

Cant wait for this SVN branch. Links in xbmc opens up so many new features it´s rediculous Smile

Keep up the good work ysbox.

- xino - 2007-04-17

eh...Can we atleast have a prototype of this LinksBoks. Trust me people...you have NO IDEA why this shiz is so goodSmile

Because I used to think it was a waste having a broswer for the Xbox, when you already have an internet. But its only worth it if you have a wirless network so you can put your Xbox anywhere

When can we have a prototype!? so we can judge and rate your progress. Cuz there is no point of working 24/7 on this and we don't like it.

I hate the old LinksBoks so called Virtua Keyboard >:@

- timdog82001 - 2007-04-17

RetroS4 Wrote:The other idea I'd like to implement is to make RSS feeds focusable in XMBC's GUI and when OnClick() pass the URL to links and automagically open the page. I'd love to implement these things to the latest code myself, but I hate working in the old codebase from SVN since I already know it's quite dated. Oo

I've had that same idea, i think that would be awesome, if it's possible