Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- incognegro - 2005-05-11

Quote:...all good things are worth waiting for Wink
that better be true! :p .........im kidding, any updates on the status? warn me when im bugging you :hmm:

- rinocom - 2005-05-11

*poke*
*poke*
*poke*

:d

- BritneysPAIRS - 2005-05-11

we all like a good poke now and again :thumbsup:

- Gamester17 - 2005-05-11

how is the memory-leak status comming along?, say for example if i boot xbmc (and maybe do some other stuff first before), start linksboks-module and surf a bit (etc.) then exit linksboks, do i get all memory back?

- los93sol - 2005-05-11

yup

- Gamester17 - 2005-05-11

k, ...and does it increase the inictial memory uptake of xbmc at bootup?, and/or xbmc's default.xbe file?, if so how much exacly? (ei. is everything or most code in the module/dll?)

- incognegro - 2005-05-11

last time you said theyre working on making it use less ram; hows that going?

- los93sol - 2005-05-11

gamester17, it is all subject to change very soon Wink but currently the code is not even allocated until you go into the browser and when you exit it is completely deallocated from mem so memory usage isn't effected at bootup at all, and it does not have any impact on the rest of xbmc. ysbox working on some things like history keeping and forwarding media files to their appropriate player. depending on how this is accomplished, it may require the code to be loaded into a section, but this has been discussed with some of the official dev's so it will be done the best way possible Smile

as far as effecting the .xbe size goes, yes it does increase the size quite considerably actually, currently our .xbe with latest xbmc cvs is right around 10.8mb, to me this is unacceptable. there are some things we can do to improve this though, linksboks is still using it's own fonts which is about 3mb of the extra size added to the .xbe, if we go ahead and rewrite it to use xbmc fonts, we will be around 7.8mb, which is acceptable in my book because it isn't that much larger than xbmc current .xbe without the links code Smile

ahh, one more thing, everything is still in library format, darkie mentioned converting the libs to dll's in the very beginning, he said he had posted about doing it somewhere, but i couldn't find the information anywhere. if you can find it or give some information about how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
los93sol

- Nickman - 2005-05-11

(los93sol @ may 11 2005,18:30 Wrote:gamester17, it is all subject to change very soon Wink but currently the code is not even allocated until you go into the browser and when you exit it is completely deallocated from mem so memory usage isn't effected at bootup at all, and it does not have any impact on the rest of xbmc.  ysbox working on some things like history keeping and forwarding media files to their appropriate player.  depending on how this is accomplished, it may require the code to be loaded into a section, but this has been discussed with some of the official dev's so it will be done the best way possible Smile

as far as effecting the .xbe size goes, yes it does increase the size quite considerably actually, currently our .xbe with latest xbmc cvs is right around 10.8mb, to me this is unacceptable.  there are some things we can do to improve this though, linksboks is still using it's own fonts which is about 3mb of the extra size added to the .xbe, if we go ahead and rewrite it to use xbmc fonts, we will be around 7.8mb, which is acceptable in my book because it isn't that much larger than xbmc current .xbe without the links code Smile

ahh, one more thing, everything is still in library format, darkie mentioned converting the libs to dll's in the very beginning, he said he had posted about doing it somewhere, but i couldn't find the information anywhere.  if you can find it or give some information about how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
los93sol
would it be possible to get a beta of the source so i can do a private build ?

- los93sol - 2005-05-11

no, please stop asking! like i said already, all good things are worth waiting for Wink that said, the only way to see it before it is ready is if you are a developer or very talented programmer Smile remember we need extra help so come by the channel for a quick interview :p

- Nickman - 2005-05-11

(los93sol @ may 11 2005,21:26 Wrote:no, please stop asking!  like i said already, all good things are worth waiting for Wink  that said, the only way to see it before it is ready is if you are a developer or very talented programmer Smile remember we need extra help so come by the channel for a quick interview :p
heh sorry had to ask  Wink

as for being very talented programmer is an overstatement. a smalltime hobby developer i can go with. but i highly doubt i can contribute with anything.

i'll wait for it to be publiched. as i've said before things are looking realy nice.

hmm just looked at http://ysbox.online.fr/?pagename=linksboks.linksboksinxbmc

is that source old ? or is it up to date ?

- Kain - 2005-05-12

wow i cant believe i missed this thread for so long. everything looks like it is coming along great. cant wait for a release :kickass:

- los93sol - 2005-05-12

yes that source is from the 2nd or 3rd day working on the project, very dated :p

- rinocom - 2005-05-12

los,
you rock :kickass:
my old lady has a webpage that archived radio programs that she loves... they're all in .ram, so i'm beggin' for this module... :thumbsup:
keep up the good work.... i always thought that xbmc was worth payin money for, but when/if you get this workin, you'll have to set up a paypal donation page :d

cheers! :lol:

- los93sol - 2005-05-12

rino, thanks for the support, im not programming this, the thanks for that goes to ysbox and gemini. once they get the gui stuff done and ready to be skinned, britneyspairs will be skinning it Smile