Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- KingJames - 2007-05-08

MacGyver Wrote:both "deff builds" worked great here on a 1.6 soft, a 1.1 tsop, a 1.5 aladin, and a 1.3 tsop, maybe has something to do with your display mode (thier hardcoded into the Webbrowser.xml, or something as simple as not having it set to DHCP, have you tried turning off all your other net based services, like ftp, and webserver? BTW, I use the xtv skin, are all of you using PM3?
It sounds funny, but have you tried renaming the WebBrowserSettings.xml to something else so it can't load?, granted the settings menu won't load, but from your logs thats where I would start, or try a different skin.
Maybe clear out your Z: drive (i believe links uses it for some caching)

turned off all network stuff , renamed the webbrowsersettings.xml, the othe other skins don't have the webbrowser button in them, the z drive had nothing in it except the the weather folder, the other folder was empty, i did change the home page from google to wikipedia, the loading time was a bit longer than loading the google page but it still froze.

i had this problem the last time time xbmc introduced the linksboks i didn't get it fixed then but someone mentioned deleting all gamesaves could fix it, i never tried it , i don't know if it would messup the mechwarrior hack.

- MacGyver - 2007-05-08

your mech hack should have been the way you did a font hack to your c, removing your udata and tdata shouldn't mess with your softmod, but, it will remove your ability to do an emergency boot from your mechassult if your font hack on c goes south. Did you upload the version OVER your old one, or did you remove (or at least rename) your old one first? if not try that.

- KingJames - 2007-05-08

you mean upload xbmc over another xbmc?, no i always rename the new one for a test so i have 2 xbmc folders xbmc and xbmctest, goin to try the the deleting of the t and u data foldes

- MacGyver - 2007-05-08

Here is my complete personal (minus the texture.xpr) xTv skin for links support.
Try it KingJames and see if it solves the locking up problem. Since only PM3 currently supports Linksboks.
It's not endorsed or supported by Chief in any way.
Use at your own risk.
Modified xTV for Linksboks

Don't forget to add the texture.xpr from the real xTv skin to the media folder first.

- KingJames - 2007-05-09

Thanks alot for taking the time to help, didnt work though, it still froze but i got different results when i changed the homepage from google to something like Xboxmediacenter.com, this one seemed like it loaded all the way through but when i scrolled near to the bottom it froze, but with google it freezes right away.

- tstraub - 2007-05-09

I tried your xTV for linksboks added the texture.xpr from a build i did of the current svn of xTV. The problem looks the same but debug log changed.
20:59:10 M: 42057728 DEBUG: msvcrt.dll fake function dll_setmode() called
20:59:10 M: 42057728 INFO: Stating file Q:\userdata\LinksBrowser\bookmarks.html
20:59:10 M: 42057728 DEBUG: msg: [=LinksBoks=] Ok, Links' core is now operational!
20:59:10 M: 42057728 INFO: Loading skin file: WebBrowser.xml
20:59:10 M: 42053632 DEBUG: msg: [=LinksBoks=] Creating window
20:59:10 M: 39464960 DEBUG: msg: [=LinksBoks=] Window created successfully!
20:59:10 M: 39464960 DEBUG: msg: [=LinksBoks=] Registering protocols and custom options
20:59:10 M: 39464960 INFO: Loading skin file: WebBrowserOSD.xml
20:59:10 M: 39440384 INFO: Loading skin file: WebBrowserBookmarks.xml
20:59:10 M: 39292928 INFO: Loading skin file: WebBrowserHistory.xml
20:59:10 M: 39292928 INFO: Loading skin file: WebBrowserSettings.xml
20:59:10 M: 39292928 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\xTV\media\settings-check-box.png
20:59:10 M: 39292928 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\xTV\media\settings-check-boxNF.png
20:59:10 M: 39268352 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\xTV\media\osd_menu_bg.png

- tstraub - 2007-05-09

I just thought of something since it appears to be a skin problem dose anybody have it working on a NTSC TV. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. But, it might so i thought I'd throw it out there.

thanks for all your help

- MacGyver - 2007-05-09

I was hoping that it was skin related, but I guess not.
The last three lines in the log mean that the texture.xpr you are using is missing those files, no biggy though. (mine is from the 4-18-07 release of xTV)

I only use the "deff" build, the last two in fact, and it worked on NTSC 4x3, and 720p for sure.

- tstraub - 2007-05-09

Thanks, Ive been trying to get both XBMC-SVN_2007-05-07_rev8767-links-deff.rar
and XBMC-SVN_2007-05-03_rev8719-links-deff.rar
since it was posted as working but can not connect to either file. I Guess I'll Try a different program and see if i can get a deff build.

- Deff - 2007-05-09

tstraub Wrote:Thanks, Ive been trying to get both XBMC-SVN_2007-05-07_rev8767-links-deff.rar
and XBMC-SVN_2007-05-03_rev8719-links-deff.rar
since it was posted as working but can not connect to either file. I Guess I'll Try a different program and see if i can get a deff build.

Google should find them fairly easy, still being seeded.

- weinerschnitzel - 2007-05-09

I thought deff builds would be served on "the usual place"'s XBMC mirror. Maybe the mysterious deff should look into, or further into. I have been using an old build of XBMCLinks for email and I am getting a little sick of using on screen keyboards for emails. My video card failed the other week and i am waiting for my 8800GTS to show up so i can do some updating with xbmc. Has ysbox made any new major commits or resyncs? I am looking forward to find out what these updates are and what the mad doctor is cooking up in his lab.

- jmarshall - 2007-05-10

Please cease this talk about builds which are not supported.

Any changes in the branch can be viewed via SVN Browse at sourceforge.

There's been no programming updates in that branch since April 22nd.

- Jezz_X - 2007-05-10

jmarshall Wrote:Please cease this talk about builds which are not supported.

Any changes in the branch can be viewed via SVN Browse at sourceforge.

There's been no programming updates in that branch since April 22nd.

As jmarshall pointed out and as I always say on xbox scene
Quote:I would like to point out that any version of xbmc with links incorperated in it is more than likely out of date now. The last actual edit to the links branch was revision 8636 on 25th of April and that was only a language file the last actual programing commit to the SVN for links branch was 22nd of April revision 8592
The main trunk has had many new features and fixes added to it since then so like I said Currently way out of date until ysc resyncs it and updates it
So any version with a date or revision higher than that is probably false because I doubt anyone is mergeing them third party

- weinerschnitzel - 2007-05-10

Thank you for the clearification. Its a shame that ysbox`s latest commit is still WIP. My apologies for stepping out of line. I also should have browsed the branch before I decided to comment. Unprofessional. For future information is "the usual places" an acceptable term? Im assuming it has more to do with the context.

- Solo0815 - 2007-05-10

Look up to the "Sky" Wink