Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- los93sol - 2005-05-22

it has come to our attention someone has been distributing a compiled version of xbmc with linksboks.  we do not provide support and xbmc does not officially support linksboks either so stop asking support related questions and do not go to other boards with support questions either!!! you must understand this is to avoid conflict and keep things trouble free.  if you want to check it out, that is perfectly fine, that is why we allowed anon checkout to the svn, but if this bullshit does not stop, i will close it back to developers only!  thank you for understanding our position.

- los93sol - 2005-05-25

things are still moving along, just no official updates for awhile so i haven't been posting. if the current stuff being worked on pans out, there should be some pretty impressive updates coming so stay tuned. by the way, sorry to anyone who thought the last comment was directed to them, we became flooded with support related incidents and do not want team xbmc to have to deal with that kind of thing going on for something that is not officially supported. the user who posted the build goes by ekb (i remember him coming to the channel, if he comes back again he can expect a perm ban, he is no longer welcome in #xbmcmeetslinks) anyways, just wanted to let everyone know their cooperation throughout that slight ordeal was greatly appreciated and that things are still coming together for this effort.
regards,
los93sol

- BritneysPAIRS - 2005-05-25

ekb build is buggy in a few areas......not only in links stuff Smile

- kimgitz - 2005-05-25

minor slacks are part of the whole development experience. thanks for the great work your doing. greatly appreciated :kickass:

- HarshReality - 2005-05-25

i know the "ready when its ready" game but based on progress thus far is there any kind of prediction on when a working beta will be availible.. i just wanna play with the thing.

- nevercares - 2005-05-25

(britneyspairs @ may 25 2005,03:37 Wrote:ekb build is buggy in a few areas......not only in links stuff Smile
i disagree with you britneypairs...i have been downloading ekb builds for a while now, nothing was buggy until the links2 builds. besides the source was out there what's the big deal about putting it in a build? isn't this project designed to be used? how can this become better without having a good solid beta test..besides you need to read the .nfo file of his very thankful that you guys are doing this. after all you guys released it..
just my 2 cents

- los93sol - 2005-05-25

i am not going to get into a discussion about this but i have a few things to say and i will not come back to this subject again. the problem is it is not beta yet, links in xbmc is still alpha and in early development. there are bugs in the ekb build, try using smb, there is a conflict that causes it to not work for *most* people, and smb *could* crash at any time even if it is working. aside from bugs there are some things that don't work yet because they have not been worked on yet. i would also like to make it very clear that we didn't "release" this, we made anonymous checkout possible for interested dev's and advanced users, not so the end-user could start testing and tell us all about all the problems we already know about and start asking for support. furthermore, it doesn't matter how glad he is, we appreciate support, but releasing this to anyone who knows how to use a newsgroup is a bit negative since it is not ready. that would be like someone activating the dvd code in a build and putting it out to everyone. the official dev's are very strict about who knows how to activate it for a reason, the code is not activated by default for a reason, we have not made links into a patch yet for a reason!

anyways, enough with my rant, harshreality asked about an expected timeframe...sorry to say there isn't. things are really starting to come together now, but there is still quite a bit of work to do and it comes down to how much free time the dev's working on the project have and are willing to put into it.

regards,
los93sol

- Bigtop242 - 2005-05-25

i too have been downloading the ekb builds and have not have any issues with his builds. he is one of the few who continue to add enhancements and works to make xbmc better. hdy was on the screen for a while and posting builds almost daily but now ekb is doing this for the comunity. also how does a product get any better if it is not tested? we are all a community here trying to improve xbmc so why shoot ekb? i am confused as the why you release the source code and then get mad because it shows up in a buildHuh

is this not testing to verify that your code works? does it work across all versions of xboxes? the peeps that are always updating xbmc knows (or should) that this is always a work in progress. i'm sure rather than trying to "shut out" ekb it would benefit all parties involved to work together to make xbmc better. why be so bitter because he added the links to his builds. i do not know ekb but he does acknowledge and thank everyone in his nfo file. i'm should he would add a line not to bug you with questions since it is still under development in his nfo file.

lets all just work together!!!!

:thumbsup:

- los93sol - 2005-05-25

no more of this nonsense please, if you want to post non development related shit, take it to a board other than the development board, i am growing very irritated with this. :veryangry:

- Bigtop242 - 2005-05-25

enough said. we all can see who has the atitude issue now.

Rolleyes

how can releasing this be negative? los93sol and britneypairs still don't see what the big deal is. you all knew that this was gonna be huge. you shouldn't have been releasing screenshots and code if you didn't want this to happen.
fyi: my smb is working correctly with ekb's build. so quit ranting, raving, and bashing people los93sol and britneypairs.
i like what you guys are doing, but your attitude sucks.

- los93sol - 2005-05-25

...anyways, closing anonymous checkout now, you can all thank these two for it. please do not bother to post or pm me about it, this is the bullshit i was talking about. so rather than sit here and discuss it, i will just solve it, closed to developers only until it is ready for everyone else to see and play with. you obviously didn't read any of my posts so don't bother retaliating. goodbye and have a nice day! Wink

- Bigtop242 - 2005-05-25

what a winer.

- Bigtop242 - 2005-05-25

what a winer. we are just trying to have a discussion here but all we seem to get in this "better than thou" atitude.

fucking crybaby! close it i don't know how to do builds anyways.