Kodi Community Forum
Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers.. (/showthread.php?tid=116461)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- dirtymurt - 2012-02-02

it works a treat. One thing to note, there is no directory called 'Special' and that can be confusing as I was looking for it.

I had to put the file in the program directory rather than the user directory. I had to delete the database and re scan which worked fantastically.

thanks DDDamian

- jbernardo - 2012-02-02

elevans Wrote:I've been having some trouble with this and openelec. I'm trying to update it through my windows PC.

I figured out that I needed to use WinSCP to push the allmusic.xml file to the right directory.

I couldn't find a way to access it through samba using windows explorer.

That method only gave me access to the userdata\addon_data directory, not the /storage/.xbmc/addons/ directory.

Anyway, I updated the file, rebooted the computer, tried refreshing the library, scanning new folders, etc. and still I can't get it to work...

Neither artist bios or album info will load.

Help anyone? I've switched to LastFM for now, though I do like allmusic.

I'm on openelec too, and have the same problem. I've put the file both in userdata/addon and /storage/.xbmc/addons/, and it doesn't seem to work.
I wonder if deleting the db and rescanning as dirtymurt says changes anything.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-02

dirtymurt Wrote:it works a treat. One thing to note, there is no directory called 'Special' and that can be confusing as I was looking for it.

I had to put the file in the program directory rather than the user directory. I had to delete the database and re scan which worked fantastically.

thanks DDDamian

Hi dirtymurt - glad it worked for you. FYI, the "special//" directory is a common way to describe your user data directory, which differs with every platform. See the Wiki here. Note that it is not called "Special"! Get to know where that directory is - you'll need it in the future, whether you need to modify advancedsettings.xml, back up your database, etc.

@jbernardo - I would try one album first. Go to an album in the list, right-click on it to get the sub-menu to pop up, select Album Information. A window will pop up displaying details about it. Choose refresh.

If it asks you to Ignore Local Content and Refesh from Internet choose Yes.

If that now retrieves the correct info (choose a popular album!) then the scraper is working correctly.

Depending on your library size and patience, you can repeat for each album/artist OR delete the source, clean the library, re-add the source and scrape it.

- dirtymurt - 2012-02-03

thanks for explaining that DDDamian, it makes sense as it is multi-platform. so in my case, on windows 7, to get it working it was Special://xbmc rather than Special://Home

- DDDamian - 2012-02-03

Glad to help.

- joeydrunk - 2012-02-24

Hey thank you for this first of all. So im getting album info but not artist info. I have both correct versions of allmusic installed. 07 and 01. I put the xml file in both locations. Ive tried aeon2, 3, nox, nox svn, and back row. I also cleaned the library and rescraped it and that didnt work so i removed the source and files and readded the source and completly redid my whole music library and that hasnt worked. When I enter music and click on album, then click "C", then click album info, all works as it should. I get album info, review, genre, rating, mood, etc. but when I enter music, click on artist, then click "C", then click artist info, a box pops up in the left hand corner(currently in back row, but it does basically the same no matter which skin im in) and reads, "searching artist 100%" like it has searched and found the info(but hasnt). It also lists the artist or band umderneath that. Besides that box, a main box in the middle asks for me to enter the artist name, and has the alphabet and what not listed. It already has the artist name listed and if it is spelled right i clck "done". The alphabet box automatically goes off the screen and immediately returns asking the same thing, to enter the artist name. The box in the left corner remains stating the search is at 100%. It does this every time in every situation. Ive tried it with numerous famous and popular artists and bands that are on the allmusic.com site. Any ideas?

- DDDamian - 2012-02-24

@joeydrunk - what version of XBMC are you running? If you are not up-to-date with the betas (beta 3 is current) do the upgrade and try again.

If still no luck please try scrape, let the error occur and post your debug log via pastebin.

- ady199 - 2012-02-25

Hi,

How do I get this working on my ATV2??

Thanks in advance

- quebert - 2012-02-28

I have a question, I updated my xml file with the new code, removed my music source, cleaned the library and re-added it. Only random albums have info, and ones I know use to when I was using Dharma don't. When I try to manually refresh those albums nothing happens. My Music's definitely tagged correctly. These same albums were good in 10.1 but when I went to Eden and re-added I got the copywrite info. It's partially working because some albums are coming up with the info. I'm confused why others aren't. I looked 5 up on allmusic.com and they were there. I also double checked my id3 tags. Everything was straight.

Ideas? I'm lost here...

I'm running Eden Beta 3

I rebooted, removed my music source, cleaned library and re-added 5 albums, when I try to manually scrape any of them, it pops up instantly asking for the artist then album name. No matter what I type in here it keeps going from 1 to the other. I double checked my XML's by copying the code from here and put it in my userdir & the xbmc program location, both are right.

*EDIT* n/m I installed the Eden RC1 that came out today and re-copied the XML's back and it's working now for the albums it wouldn't scape before, weird but whatever.

- dirtymurt - 2012-02-29

i had to delete my db file

- ZyntaX - 2012-03-09

Works great again! Huge thanks! Smile

- sialivi - 2012-03-10

Nevermind, fixed it.

RE: Openelec directory - swivelman - 2012-03-19

(2012-02-02, 12:55)jbernardo Wrote:
elevans Wrote:I've been having some trouble with this and openelec. I'm trying to update it through my windows PC.

I figured out that I needed to use WinSCP to push the allmusic.xml file to the right directory.

I couldn't find a way to access it through samba using windows explorer.

That method only gave me access to the userdata\addon_data directory, not the /storage/.xbmc/addons/ directory.

Anyway, I updated the file, rebooted the computer, tried refreshing the library, scanning new folders, etc. and still I can't get it to work...

Neither artist bios or album info will load.

Help anyone? I've switched to LastFM for now, though I do like allmusic.

I'm on openelec too, and have the same problem. I've put the file both in userdata/addon and /storage/.xbmc/addons/, and it doesn't seem to work.
I wonder if deleting the db and rescanning as dirtymurt says changes anything.

Found it (the proper location of the directory on Openelec)! It's not available through SMB, you have to SSH in through putty or the like. The directory is:

Code:
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/metadata.artists.allmusic.com

I haven't tested it yet. So I don't know how well it will work on Openelec, but I'll post my results later.

RE: - fredphoesh - 2012-03-24

A massive thank you... works like a charm.

BTW, have you tried the scraper called Yo-Yo musicbrainz? it SAYS it gets the scraping from Allmusic and LastFM... which sounds good to me, but now i have already started to redo my library with your script... but I am curious.

thanks,
Mark

PS I spent 15 minutes trying to find a folder called special!!!
for anyone else on windows, the place to look is program files/xbmc/addons/metadata.common.allmusic.com

(2012-01-21, 09:18)DDDamian Wrote: With the help of a friend much more gifted than I, we found a solution to retreive artist bio & album info from AllMusic again (the best scraper IMHO).

1. Copy the raw script from the link below:
http://pastebin.com/sTRfsTpF

2. Paste it into a text file with Wordpad or a text/XML editor of your choice.

3. Save the file to \\special\addons\metadata.common.allmusic.com\allmusic.xml

4. Click yes to overwrite the existing file.

If you need help locating your \\special directory see here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata

Voila! The scraper will pull the data again. Credit to a better Python coder than I Cool

RE: Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers.. - phyrros1 - 2012-04-02

Hi ,

When I do an "Update library" the script only scrapes data for artists and albums which were newly added to the library. It does not update the artist and album information which have been added to the library before changing the allmusic.xml file and which have this Allmusic copyright issue message. A "manually" refresh for each artist separately does do the trick, but that's annoying.
Any idea how to update the library in one scratch other than deleting and rebuilding it from scratch ?
Cheers

Phyrros