Kodi Community Forum
Broken Weather Underground - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Broken Weather Underground (/showthread.php?tid=116668)

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - savkin_k - 2012-07-10

(2012-05-22, 10:35)ronie Wrote:
(2012-05-22, 10:26)savkin_k Wrote: Thanks for a great job done.

Asking for assistance. I am experiencing a problem with parsing of the weather data when system language is different from English. Namely with Russian selected i see in log file all the weather data is fetched but this strings at the end of the log

09:39:42 T:4104 NOTICE: weather.wunderground - failed to parse weather data
09:39:42 T:4104 NOTICE: weather.wunderground - available locations: 2
09:39:42 T:4104 NOTICE: weather.wunderground - finished

With English selected, data is processed and shown but icons are missing for all the forecasts except default view and current condition Icon. Using AEON NOX git version 3.0.

Guide me please where to dig for the problem, i believe should be my local installation issue?
Thank you in advance

could you try the beta version (if you're not already doing so), available for download from the first post of this thread.
then go to Settings > Weather > Weather Underground > Advanced > Enable logging
and post the complete log to pastebin or xbmclogs.com

(2012-05-23, 00:46)ronie Wrote:
(2012-05-22, 10:45)savkin_k Wrote: Thanks, Ronie for prompt reply.

I am already with 0.1.9 version of plugin.
here is fresh log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2876

hmm.. that's a bug in their weather data.
will add a workaround for safety :-)

Hello, Ronie.
This is a kind of reminder about the issue. Do you think there can be a solution?

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - RevoCenter - 2012-07-12

dear all,

I'm not getting any weather info for a few weeks now. I had my xbmc set to Berlin for ages but it just stopped working from one day to the next. Tried to set up different cities to see if this is the problem but I cannot find ANY city with WU at the moment. debug log is at

http://paste2.org/p/2071464

during the logging process I started the WU options and tried to find Hamburg but it didn't work, I get a "cannot find any results" error

Please help
Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - fional - 2012-07-13

(2012-07-03, 18:22)bandelguy Wrote:
(2012-07-03, 03:02)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-07-03, 00:41)handbone Wrote: With the Weather Channel purchasing WU, I wonder whats going to happen with their API

Just so folks have some "official" reference, here's a story from the Verge on the acquisition. I have the same question as handbone. If TWC locks down the weather underground API the way they did their own, I'm not sure what the other options are for weather data.

Imho, world weather online is only other option.
Btw, Mediaportal uses a lot of weather plugins.

Extensive list: http://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/weather

World Weather is ok, but funny enough I live in a fairly "important" town in Ireland and it's weather isn't listed, but some tiny wee villages I've never heard of are! Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - pkscout - 2012-07-16

I'm getting an error when running the current unreleased version of Weather Underground. It looks like it's related to an air quality alert I'm seeing in the log. Even the snippet of the logfile with one run of WU was too big for pastebin, so I cut out the section I think is causing the problem along with the error message.

http://pastebin.com/yHhh8zsQ

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2012-07-20

weather.wunderground-0.1.10.zip

v0.1.10
- add 'L' weather alert severity
- filter invalid response code
- don't add beaufort unit to windspeeds
- fix default zoom level
- fixed windspeed for uk based locations in 36 hour and weekend forecast
- localize AM/PM strings
- made animated maps optional

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - fional - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 00:57)ronie Wrote: weather.wunderground-0.1.10.zip

v0.1.10
- add 'L' weather alert severity
- filter invalid response code
- don't add beaufort unit to windspeeds
- fix default zoom level
- fixed windspeed for uk based locations in 36 hour and weekend forecast
- localize AM/PM strings
- made animated maps optional

Very cool Smile Are the maps US only or would there be any that cover UK/Ireland?

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 01:11)fional Wrote: Very cool Smile Are the maps US only or would there be any that cover UK/Ireland?

maps should be available for most locations.
they aren't selectable, it just displays the map for your location.
you can adjust the map scale (the area shown on the map) in the addon settings.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - fional - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 01:16)ronie Wrote:
(2012-07-20, 01:11)fional Wrote: Very cool Smile Are the maps US only or would there be any that cover UK/Ireland?

maps should be available for most locations.
they aren't selectable, it just displays the map for your location.
you can adjust the map scale (the area shown on the map) in the addon settings.

That's great! I've read through this and am embarrassed to admit that I'm confused as to how to get maps working. The skin I use, Aeon Nox 3.5, appears to have support but I'm not sure how to download the maps for Ireland?

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - pkscout - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 03:35)fional Wrote: That's great! I've read through this and am embarrassed to admit that I'm confused as to how to get maps working. The skin I use, Aeon Nox 3.5, appears to have support but I'm not sure how to download the maps for Ireland?

If there are maps available and the skin properly supports the maps, you shouldn't have to do anything except maybe refresh the weather to get the first map. Every time WU updates it will download an updated map. If you enable map animation, WU will keep a certain number of them so that the skin can loop through them (which again, requires proper skin support). Here's the multiimage control I use in the modified Confluence files:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <description>maps multiimage</description>
    <posx>15</posx>
    <posy>15</posy>
    <width>590</width>
    <height>332</height>
    <imagepath>$INFO[Window.Property(MapPath)]</imagepath>
    <timeperimage>500</timeperimage>
    <pauseatend>1000</pauseatend>
    <fadetime>0</fadetime>
    <randomize>false</randomize>
    <loop>yes</loop>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
</control>

Thank you for that, I'm going to have a good look and fiddle when I get home!

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - pkscout - 2012-07-20

I got kind of tired of trying to guess what the new satellite map was trying to tell me, so I borrowed the legend from the weather underground site and incorporated it into the updates I did to the confluence skin files. I've upload a new copy. There are files there for both Confluence and Confluence Vertical.

Here's a screenshot. That's the only change I made, so if you don't like this, you don't need to download the update.

That's class. Everything works great now!

Videos are just for the US though, right?

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - pkscout - 2012-07-21

(2012-07-20, 23:30)fional Wrote: That's class. Everything works great now!

Videos are just for the US though, right?

Actually, nobody gets videos. Weather+ was the only one that did videos (AFAIK), and it's all but dead. The updated Weather Underground plugin just does the satellite map.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - phil65 - 2012-07-21

very nice addon Smile
thx, tried to make use of it as much as possible.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - argh! - 2012-07-24

How on earth are you guys getting these wonferdul Weather Underground views? I'm using Eden stable, Weather Underground v0.1.10, and the latest Transperency! skin. But all I've been able to muster for a vie is this one - no maps, no other layout seems available

The view provides good info, adn is accurate, always update, but a map sure would be nice. The one in Donabi's quote above sure looks purdy, and it looks like T~ to me.. or Do i just have to edit the WU .xml files?