Kodi Community Forum
Broken Weather Underground - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Broken Weather Underground (/showthread.php?tid=116668)

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-19, 05:27)vijayk416 Wrote: Ah, I'm still on Eden (openelec 2.0). Is there a different version I can use instead or am I stuck until I move to Frodo?

yup, frodo only i'm afraid.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - Araldwenn - 2012-11-19

Hi Ronie, I'm using latest frodo with Aeon nox 4.0 skin, french locale, and i keep having problems with Wunderground script : here's the log

Wunderground script error

I have set 3 locations :
Castelnaudary, France
Eloyes, France
Paris, France

Whereas all of them appear in the settings, if i try to access them from the weather page, i can't see the location, or change it. It just shows ?0? and ?-1? instead of the name.
And regularly, i have a pop-up message saying there's an error with weather.wunderground script.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-19, 19:23)Araldwenn Wrote: Hi Ronie, I'm using latest frodo with Aeon nox 4.0 skin, french locale, and i keep having problems with Wunderground script : here's the log

Wunderground script error

I have set 3 locations :
Castelnaudary, France
Eloyes, France
Paris, France

hey Araldwenn, all three locations work fine on my end, so i'm gonna need a little more help.
could you follow these steps:
- enable debug logging in xbmc: Settings > System > Debugging > Enable debug logging
- enable logging in the wunderground addon: Settings > Weather > - Settings > Advanced options > Enable logging (and press ok)
- restart xbmc
- wait for the error message popup
- pastebin your logfile again

cheers,
ronie

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - Araldwenn - 2012-11-20

Here's the new debug log (had to do it again cause i forgot to remove library auto update, and i don't want you to have an headache Tongue)

Wundergroud debug log

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - dallasnights - 2012-11-20

will this work in FRODO, it seems to mess up the time and date when I tried the other day, had to take off to return to normal

Am on ATV2

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2012-11-20

(2012-11-20, 01:52)dallasnights Wrote: will this work in FRODO, it seems to mess up the time and date when I tried the other day, had to take off to return to normal

yeah, should work fine on frodo. i'm not aware of any atv specific issues.
as for the time/date issue... i'm not sure what what you mean.
a screenshot might make things a bit more clear.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2012-11-20

(2012-11-20, 00:15)Araldwenn Wrote: Here's the new debug log (had to do it again cause i forgot to remove library auto update, and i don't want you to have an headache Tongue)

Wundergroud debug log
it's giving me a headache nonetheless ;-)

it's a pretty weird issue you're having. the error occurs when the script tries to download this image.

^ check if you can download the image in a browser on the pc that's running xbmc.

the only other thing you could try is start xbmc with a fresh profile (no other addons installed),
just in case any of the other addons is doing some weird stuff that affects the weather addon.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - dallasnights - 2012-11-20

Ok but can someone share the link to the latest and greatest version then I will test on ATV frodo and see what happens

Thanks all

(2012-11-20, 04:38)dallasnights Wrote: Ok but can someone share the link to the latest and greatest version then I will test on ATV frodo and see what happens

Thanks all

latest and greatest is included in xbmc frodo,

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - Araldwenn - 2012-11-20

(2012-11-20, 02:43)ronie Wrote: it's giving me a headache nonetheless ;-)

it's a pretty weird issue you're having. the error occurs when the script tries to download this image.

^ check if you can download the image in a browser on the pc that's running xbmc.

the only other thing you could try is start xbmc with a fresh profile (no other addons installed),
just in case any of the other addons is doing some weird stuff that affects the weather addon.

Well, clicked the link, seems that the image is not completely loaded, as i can only see the top of it...
Will try to start with a fresh profile, if i can find the command to add...

Edit : I finally lauched XBMC in portable mode. Without installing anything or configuring Wunderground, I still have the error (Wunderground uses the location it found by itself -Castelnaudary)...

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2012-11-21

(2012-11-20, 19:41)Araldwenn Wrote: Well, clicked the link, seems that the image is not completely loaded, as i can only see the top of it...

hmm, if you can't even properly see the image in the webbrowser, then something is wrong outside of xbmc.
could be a dodgy internet connection, buggy router or crappy firewall... i dunno, just thinking out loud ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - pkscout - 2012-11-22

For anyone trying out Frodo, I've modded the Frodo Confluence skin to support the extended Weather Underground features. Two things to note. First, this not only adds all the new functions but reverts the 10 day forecast, in essence, to the Eden version. It's not a huge change, but every time I try using the newer Frodo 10 day forecast something I'm doing when I try and update the 10 day causes XBMC to crash. So I gave up trying to figure it out and just used the older layout. Second, when you use the side menu to navigate to some of the subsections (Weekend, 36 hour, and map for sure), XBMC doesn't remember the highlighted option when you open the side bar again. It's not a big deal (to me anyway), but you do have to start from the top again.

Anyway, the zip file is available from my github repo.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-22, 21:55)pkscuot Wrote: For anyone trying out Frodo, I've modded the Frodo Confluence skin to support the extended Weather Underground features. Two things to note. First, this not only adds all the new functions but reverts the 10 day forecast, in essence, to the Eden version. It's not a huge change, but every time I try using the newer Frodo 10 day forecast something I'm doing when I try and update the 10 day causes XBMC to crash. So I gave up trying to figure it out and just used the older layout. Second, when you use the side menu to navigate to some of the subsections (Weekend, 36 hour, and map for sure), XBMC doesn't remember the highlighted option when you open the side bar again. It's not a big deal (to me anyway), but you do have to start from the top again.

Anyway, the zip file is available from my github repo.

1829 (PR)

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - nessus - 2012-12-07

Hi Ronie...

In the Alerts screen there is always a parenthesis character after the alert message. Is that fetched from the WU site
or something is forgotten in the script's code ?.

Cheers
Nessus

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2012-12-07

(2012-12-07, 00:19)nessus Wrote: Hi Ronie...

In the Alerts screen there is always a parenthesis character after the alert message. Is that fetched from the WU site
or something is forgotten in the script's code ?.

Cheers
Nessus

oh dear...
no screenshot
no Debug Log
no xbmc version
no addon version
no skin name

...uhhh, the answer is probably yes, but it could also be no. ;-p